Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cosmin_Visan

Does intelligence affect enlightenment ?

15 posts in this topic

Given that both IQ130 and IQ70 people are taking psychedelics, do they both get enlightened equally ? Can an IQ70 person then have authority over humanity's knowledge ? Because from what I see, no matter how low IQ a spiritual person is, he still pretends to be the smartest person in the world after taking psychedelics.

Just now, Shunyata said:

High IQ point is nothing in comparison to the infinite intelligence.

Ok, so given your infinite intelligence that you acquired after frying your brain with psychedelics, please offer us the unification between quantum mechanics and general relativity.

@Cosmin_Visan Did I say that I had infinite intelligence? Read my answer again. I'm not enlightened and I never said so.

Stay cool & dry.

You're confusing context and content. Enlightenment is not about content/detail. It's about context/big picture.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

IQ tests only measure your ability to recognize patterns. 

The ability to recognize patterns could be useful for getting yourself out of the "matrix" of reality, but it's not the only criteria.

For example, if your Ego co-opts your intelligence, it will only seek patterns to stay grounded in reality. 

Doing psychedelics or being intelligent does not guarantee that you will become enlightened. 

Intelligence and IQ are not the same thing.

Iq is just a measurement of the person's intelligence based on certain questions at that time. The person can certainty read up more and become more intelligent in a certain area. 

For example, a person can read up all he wants about cats so he read tons of stuff including their diet, habits, movements and eventually he has a stronger knowledge of cats that someone else. So Imo,  IQ can be improved if a person just reads up and do more IQ questions and certainly intelligence also can be improved. 

As for enlightenment,  mind and soul probably still have a little if not a lot of overlap. So they might help one another by a small/large fraction. That I do not know for i am not enlightened.

Your title and content seem to be different. Your title ask 'Does intelligence affect enlightenment?' . Your content ask 'Does enlightenment affect intelligence?'

@Cosmin_Visan you are so identified with your rational mind. Perhaps you can notice that your entire mind and rationality and intelligence are just a thought. Which is just being or consciousness. Nothing more.

yes. The more intelligent you are the harder it is your chances to get enlightened. Enlightenment is the complete destruction of your mind untill you are left with nothing but pure truth which is also nothing and simultaneously everything. Reality is an infinite Paradox

. Open yourself up to divine ignorance. You have no idea what anything is. You have no idea what anything is. You have no idea what anything is!!! 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

2 minutes ago, Cosmin_Visan said:

I'm pretty sure I have lots of ideas.

You is an idea. An idea doesn't have an idea. That's just another idea. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

6 hours ago, Cosmin_Visan said:

Ok, so given your infinite intelligence that you acquired after frying your brain with psychedelics, please offer us the unification between quantum mechanics and general relativity.

No one has infinite intelligence. Whatever intelligence someone has is limited, by necessity. If x has y, then neither x nor y are everything, and infinite anything (intelligence included) is nothing short of everything.

“Does intelligence affect enlightenment ?”

It depends on how you define “intelligence”, “affect” and “enlightenment”

My impression is that you tend to assume an external, objective, normative reality.

6 hours ago, hyruga said:

Intelligence and IQ are not the same thing.

Yet intelligence is IQ within a contracted mindset that defines intelligence as IQ.

Offerring an opposing view puts the other mind in a defense posture of two opposite positions: either intelligence is IQ or intelligence is not IQ. I’m not sure if this is the best framing. Another framing would be that “IQ is within a more expansive intelligence”. Yet this framing is also commonly rejected by rationalists because they lack awareness and curiosity of the bigger picture.

Intelligence, as any other force, is neither inherently good nor bad. Like attention, it magnifies what it touches. Focused on illusion, intelligence entraps you further. Focused on reality, intelligence intensifies the light of Consciousness.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

Enlightenment is not the acquisition of theoretical or domain knowledge, such as physics, mathematics or philosophy.  Those are technical fields that usually require a lot of structured learning.

It does not in itself increase "g", pattern-recognition/fluid intelligence (as @JosephBrecht correctly stated above.)

If anything it is more like an increase in intrapersonal and interpersonal intelligences (if we stipulate such exist) -- although maybe not in all cases. In other words, the old admonition to "know thyself."

Edited by Haumea2018

@Cosmin_Visan idk, but I find all spiritual teachers to have a pretty strong ability of critical thinking and seem to have a high IQ. 

I think this is worth investigating.