Vision

What MBTI personality type is most conducive to Consciousness/Enlightenment work?

27 posts in this topic

I personally think that it's INTP. We naturally have a desire to pursue Truth. 

It's common for philosophers to be INTP too. E.g. Leo himself, Albert Einstein, Eckhart Tolle (enlightened).   

What are your thoughts? 

i assume I stands for introvert, don't even know what the other letters mean

sorry for not being helpful

do you think it's really important? don't people put themselves in a box when they say i'm such and such

It's not easy to say much about which is the "most" conducive outside pure speculation. However, let's assume that this personality type must atleast exist among those who are interested in spirituality. Run a MBTI poll on this forum and you'll have your answer :D 

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Gurus can be any personality type. This may be the most common though:

Capture.JPG

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

9 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

do you think it's really important? don't people put themselves in a box when they say i'm such and such

You just put yourself in a box right now, believe it or not :)

The one who does the work.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

15 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

You just put yourself in a box right now, believe it or not :)

which one?

Adding a question to the mix:

Have any of you noticed your personality type change as a result of your spiritual journey?

I have been an INFJ most of my life. Just took the test and I'm now an INFP (although J/P are closer than the others). I think the change from J to P is mostly because I am less hard on myself than I used to be.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

I wouldn't say INTPs have any special advantage.  Possibly intuitives have an edge over sensors, but even there I'm not sure.

2 minutes ago, Moksha said:

I have been an INFJ most of my life. Just took the test and I'm now an INFP (although J/P are closer than the others). I think the change from J to P is mostly because I am less hard on myself than I used to be.

The way you tell which one you are is not by a test but by which functions dominate.

INFJ is Ni dominant/Fe auxiliary

INFP is Fi dominant/Ne auxiliary.

Those are very different.  You didn't suddenly become an Fi dominant when that function wasn't even in the top 4 your whole life, assuming you're an INFJ.

Fi (introverted feeling) and Fe (extroverted feeling) are VERY different functions.  Learn what they mean and you'll figure out your type.

2 minutes ago, iameternallife said:

All personality types are identification with ego = equal to being a delusional terrorist

Hate to break this to you, but even after enlightenment you have a personality type, it's just an integrated personality.

2 minutes ago, iameternallife said:

All personality types are identification with ego = equal to being a delusional terrorist

Stop identifying as personality types and be aware of being the awareness that is devoid of any personality; be god

Having a personality type is different from identifying with it. Enlightened people have personalities, too.

7 minutes ago, Haumea2018 said:

Hate to break this to you, but even after enlightenment you have a personality type, it's just an integrated personality.

What he means (I think), is that regardless of your type, you can focus your attention on yourself (as consciousness).

That's really the only thing to do in the end, and no personality has an advantage on that, because it doesn't matter what you do you can always be conscious.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

12 minutes ago, Haumea2018 said:

INFJ is Ni dominant/Fe auxiliary

INFP is Fi dominant/Ne auxiliary.

Looking at the descriptions of Ni, Fe, Fi, and Ne, I am definitely Ni and Fi. Maybe that's why my J/P are closer, compared to the other 3 dimensions.

@Moksha You can't be Ni Fi. INFJs have have very strong Fi but do not value it. INFPs have very strong Ni but prefere Ne.

@Moksha

These are one of the best descriptions of Ni i have found around the web. Might find them informative.
Timestamped.

1 hour ago, Moksha said:

Adding a question to the mix:

Have any of you noticed your personality type change as a result of your spiritual journey?

Yeah, seems mine went from INTP to INFP. But P and J are basically exactly even scores for me, so I guess it's more like INTx -> INFx.

Of course, it's just a story.

Edited by The0Self

5 hours ago, iameternallife said:

tenor.gif?itemid=7178438

6 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

which one?

The box of "do you think it's really important? don't people put themselves in a box when they say i'm such and such" :D 

5 hours ago, The0Self said:

Yeah, seems mine went from INTP to INFP. But P and J are basically exactly even scores for me, so I guess it's more like INTx -> INFx.

Of course, it's just a story.

I also shuffle between INFP and INTP according to cognitive functions (all my tests are basically dominated by Fi, Ne and Ti). It makes more sense because they have the same auxiliary and tertiary functions (xx > Ne > Si > xx). 

INFP and INFJ share zero similarities in cognitive functions. INTP and INFJ share two functions (Ti, Fe) but they're all in different places: 

INTP = Ti > xx > xx > Fe

INFJ = xx > Fe > Ti > xx

Try taking a test that measures cognitive functions directly.

Edited by Carl-Richard