IAmReallyImportant

Psychics - Real Deal or Fake?

56 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, Gesundheit said:

I know psychics and witches that died from mortar bombs. How could they not see it coming?

How can you know they were real psychics? How can you know how good they really were in foresight? If they would be good in foresight, how can you know that they do it continuously? How can you know they didn't missed to see them coming? How can know their intentions?

@Leo GuraYou said in one video that you know the truth when you have some kind of insight or realization. However, how can you know that isn't a trick of the mind? I think, maybe you already have solved the issue long time ago and maybe you could explain it in a short sentence. Or is the only solution to experience god? So it would be the "I just know it". But this would be the same for me if I think about the psychic, though..

Maybe this is just something, which can neither discussed or thought of. Anyway, then we could stop communicating at all in every matter. Every communication seems to just be made out of feeling for me. And then everything would be stupid nonsense, if I would think like these people who think they are somehow clear minded, intelligent and argument with stuff like "bullshit" or "not worth discussing".

Edited by IAmReallyImportant

You can derive it from simple logic

Left means not right

@IAmReallyImportant  What i meant was way more radical. Your mind makes EVERYTHING UP. There are just more dense things like in the material world, and less dense things like dreams. What people mean with real or not, is substance in the material world.

But how the mind sees the world is a made up story, that the mind created to learn, adapt etc. You imagine the Body while feeling it most of the time, which is of no substance. The imagination of body part pictures is of no substance, the feeling is a outside perception.

Distance and depht are of no substance, it is ENTIRELY created by the mind in order to function. 

Those constructs of the mind are most of the time useful for survival in the broadest term possible. 

When you see things, those could be either "hidden" and you have a 6ths paranormal sense, OR constructs of the mind that could be a bug or a feature.

If you find someone who perceives the same things without communication, it has substance, is provable, and proves a hidden dimension of objective reality.

However you know there could be an infinite amount of realms and every one has an access to a different realm, that would make it difficult.

Is psychotherapy true? How is this any different than tarot card readings. In my opinion they are the same, just different methods that can help.

How can you know something is true? rationality alone doesn't make it. But you can make some guesses to stay sceptic. Does you girlfriend get money from you, or any comfort-stuff that isn't emotional, she could stay for?
Does a psychic makes money from people? Does a psychic strongly believe she/he helps people with some superstitious believes?
Does a psychic maybe keep people who suffer from schizophrenia from going to see a psychiatrist? Is this not dangerous?

Would you rather have the real be true, or willing to accept that those hallucinations are neither from a realm nor useful, an being seen as a crazy person who needs to go to a psychiatry?

I just described the current society, I have no intention to insult you, but if you suffer from those hallucinations (or whatever you call the access to the paranormal realm), in a non-metaphysical sense, it is psychosis/schizophrenia. 
It might be more comfortable to believe a psychic than a psychologist, psychiatrist, but I wouldn't replace the psychologist with a psychic .

Edited by Endangered-EGO
one more comment

1 minute ago, IAmReallyImportant said:

How can you know they were real psychics? How can you know how good they really were in foresight? If they would be good in foresight, how can you know that they do it continuously? How can you know they didn't missed to see them coming? How can know their intentions?

The more appropriate questioning, I think, should be directed towards them. Why are you asking us to prove/disprove psychics? Ask them to prove themselves to you by explaining their knowledge in detail. What you're doing here is called the burden of proof fallacy. We're not obliged to provide anything about them. They're obliged to provide proof for their claims. A few coincidences here and there do not suffice in empirical research, especially that they're not double-blinded or even held by any scientific standards. And on top of that, they are very susceptible to self-deceptions caused by self-biases. But you know, you're free to believe whatever you want.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

1 hour ago, Endangered-EGO said:

I just described the current society, I have no intention to insult you, but if you suffer from those hallucinations (or whatever you call the access to the paranormal realm), in a non-metaphysical sense, it is psychosis/schizophrenia. 
It might be more comfortable to believe a psychic than a psychologist, psychiatrist, but I wouldn't replace the psychologist with a psychic .

Thank you for your concerns. If I am in a meditative state or after meditating visions in form of images pop up. In my life I saw 2 times a ghost. The second time I was not quite sure, honestly. The only thing, which I experiencing more often are some kind of visions. Also this does not happen that often, maybe twice a month. However, it doesn't scare me at all. I don't know what it is so I don't care. It could be that something is wrong with my brain, however I don't suffer from it.

Left means not right

1 hour ago, Gesundheit said:

The more appropriate questioning, I think, should be directed towards them. Why are you asking us to prove/disprove psychics? Ask them to prove themselves to you by explaining their knowledge in detail. What you're doing here is called the burden of proof fallacy. We're not obliged to provide anything about them. They're obliged to provide proof for their claims. A few coincidences here and there do not suffice in empirical research, especially that they're not double-blinded or even held by any scientific standards. And on top of that, they are very susceptible to self-deceptions caused by self-biases. But you know, you're free to believe whatever you want.

Okay. I'm not here to defend psychics. The original goal of this post was: How can I know that this medium is telling me the truth? I consulted a medium just for fun. Maybe it was more on a subconscious level. It seems that you are trying to refute psychics, and now you are doing to me what you claim I am doing. I neither want to show you that psychics are real nor the opposite.

However, this discussion can be endless. As it seems, nobody has real answers. Only some useful stuff, which is worth contemplating on.

Left means not right

I believe the answer to your question is based in relativity, mostly on how you personally wish to perceive it. Since we are all one unit the totality of all consciousness is working with itself, for itself. To go to a psychic only to be told what you perceive is "truth" about yourself and your past doesn't verify the validity of the existence of psychics themselves. But, rather it's a manifestation of your "self" projecting it's believes into the materiel world in order to validate your own ideologies. Simply put, God(or whatever you wish to call the collective), is using an aspect of itself. The perception of a psychic, to help you solidify your own faith in your current paradigm of belief.  This happens in pretty much all aspects of consciousness that we externalize, but people are a pretty large reflection of given faith. It's much like if you would start to look into Taoism, believe there is truth behind it. Now all of a sudden tons of posts online, people you know, or even content creators you follow start to talk about Taoism. It's again, the projection to help solidify faith in what we perceive. I'm sure if you were to look back you have talked to a friend yourself and something you mentioned got a response from them somewhat like "Wow, I was just thinking of that but now that you mentioned it I believe it even more". If we did not get externalized feedback then the ego would lose itself to doubt. But, in the end, the grand goal is to be completely indifferent to this feedback for everything is set in relativity, even our past experiences are much illusionary. 

@Endangered-EGO Maybe I have to be more sceptic. However, I haven't told you all information about the conversations with the psychic. So you have less information than me but start making conclusions. And all claims she did could be wrong if applied for everybody, because they were not general enough. Now, if you sum all claims up and no claim was wrong (I mean claims which can be verified) then the probability of scam decreases significantly, if you believe in probability. The more claims you make which are not general enough to apply to all people or all people seeking for your services and which in addition cannot be gathered by knowledge of the human nature or the internet, the more probable it is to be false in the case of you scamming other people.

However, she could still be some kind of genius scammer. I have to somehow know in which direction I have to go, what opinions I can trust etc. . As you said, to survive like everybody. Things can only be "proven" by estimation. If someone would perceive the same as I do without communication it could also be a coincidence. And if there would be much more empirical evidence, there could be another phenomena behind it which leads to the outcomes, which would have nothing to do with paranormal stuff.

Left means not right

1 hour ago, Nos7algiK said:

I believe the answer to your question is based in relativity, mostly on how you personally wish to perceive it. Since we are all one unit the totality of all consciousness is working with itself, for itself. To go to a psychic only to be told what you perceive is "truth" about yourself and your past doesn't verify the validity of the existence of psychics themselves. But, rather it's a manifestation of your "self" projecting it's believes into the materiel world in order to validate your own ideologies. Simply put, God(or whatever you wish to call the collective), is using an aspect of itself. The perception of a psychic, to help you solidify your own faith in your current paradigm of belief.  This happens in pretty much all aspects of consciousness that we externalize, but people are a pretty large reflection of given faith. It's much like if you would start to look into Taoism, believe there is truth behind it. Now all of a sudden tons of posts online, people you know, or even content creators you follow start to talk about Taoism. It's again, the projection to help solidify faith in what we perceive. I'm sure if you were to look back you have talked to a friend yourself and something you mentioned got a response from them somewhat like "Wow, I was just thinking of that but now that you mentioned it I believe it even more". If we did not get externalized feedback then the ego would lose itself to doubt. But, in the end, the grand goal is to be completely indifferent to this feedback for everything is set in relativity, even our past experiences are much illusionary. 

Thank you so much, this is great! As mentioned, I didn't say it was verified that the psychic tells the truth completely. I said everything, which can be verified seemed to be true to me. I thought based on the feedback it might be something worth working on. I am looking for better tools in terms of spirituality, so I am testing them out. I somehow feel the believe of what the psychics are saying is true. Even if I know at the same time that I cannot know the fact of the matter. And I also cannot know that it is not true. However, I think there is a delusion regarding the feeling of the believe. And I somehow also a little bit biased regarding defending the matter based on the feeling of a believe. Even if some other people also want to defend their beliefs and were not able to present convincing arguments, I think it is better to be modest and think about what my own delusions might be.

EDIT: I think I got it: There is a difference between believing something and feeling that a believe is true. To survive even physically one has to believe stuff, but feeling that the believe is true is delusional. I guess this is what you meant with indifferent.

Left means not right

Conclusion: Everybody believes something. No believe is true. Nor can it be verified that it isn't true. I am using stuff, which I believe is useful for me. Other people are using stuff, which they believe is useful. And there is a delusion in feeling that a believe is true, like it's likely that someone is a scammer or is not.

Left means not right

24 minutes ago, IAmReallyImportant said:
5 minutes ago, IAmReallyImportant said:

Conclusion: Everybody believes something. No believe is true. Nor can it be verified that it isn't true. I am using stuff, which I believe is useful for me. Other people are using stuff, which they believe is useful. And there is a delusion in feeling that a believe is true, like it's likely that someone is a scammer or is not.

Yup, you pretty much got the idea right there. :)

@IAmReallyImportant If you want to know for sure, do exactly that: Ask her on what topic she can find out something you ALREADY know, and only you can know. So nothing on the internet, no previous conversations, no help from outside possible. If you can, you should chose different environment than usual.

As soon as she sees something and is sure: She can tell you the subject, or the question she asked to your soul/aura whatever.

She can choose the specific subject, anything she is sure about of course. now you write everything down that is true to you from that question.

If she says something, about: "Oh I feel resistance", or if she is wrong, she just might tell you, that she read things about you that you didn't know about yourself.

Do this experiment, if she passes, she either is a real psychic or an incredible mentalist/magician.

56 minutes ago, Endangered-EGO said:

@IAmReallyImportant If you want to know for sure, do exactly that: Ask her on what topic she can find out something you ALREADY know, and only you can know. So nothing on the internet, no previous conversations, no help from outside possible. If you can, you should chose different environment than usual.

As soon as she sees something and is sure: She can tell you the subject, or the question she asked to your soul/aura whatever.

She can choose the specific subject, anything she is sure about of course. now you write everything down that is true to you from that question.

If she says something, about: "Oh I feel resistance", or if she is wrong, she just might tell you, that she read things about you that you didn't know about yourself.

Do this experiment, if she passes, she either is a real psychic or an incredible mentalist/magician.

This is a good approach. Already done this. Maybe you assumed that she just told me stuff without me asking specific things. This was not the case and I didn't say that.

Left means not right

11 hours ago, IAmReallyImportant said:

But does this mean, that my soul ancestors did actually had sex with aliens?

hahaha, asking the real questions

But honestly, I think they are real from what I've seen.

Not sure about the starseed stuff though

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

i think there's something to tarot cards

but never really been to a "psychic" 

i'm generally very sceptical but in a way also very gullible, so it could be fun :P 

11 hours ago, IAmReallyImportant said:

But does this mean, that my soul ancestors did actually had sex with aliens?

?

Ill believe it if it happens to me, but so far all I see is scammers and gullible people