Raven1998

can psychedelic make enlightenment permanant?

18 posts in this topic

can psychedelic make enlightenment permanant ? and the joy after awakening and keep touch with enlightement.? (may be im refering wrong about enlightenment. )

I've never taken psychedelics so take my words with a grain of salt... Nonetheless I'm fairly confident that the best you can hope for from a psychedelic is a temporary glimpse of your true nature.

4 hours ago, Beginner Mind said:

I've never taken psychedelics so take my words with a grain of salt... Nonetheless I'm fairly confident that the best you can hope for from a psychedelic is a temporary glimpse of your true nature.

Thats not true. I took 10 gr dried shrooms. And never come back. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

13 hours ago, Beginner Mind said:

thank you

@Raven1998

he says psychedelics are temporary and only in a sober state can you reach enlightenment. But different people say different things

Seems like you're expecting a specific answer.

You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

12 hours ago, James123 said:

Thats not true. I took 10 gr dried shrooms. And never come back. 

??

1 hour ago, Javfly33 said:

??

???

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

23 hours ago, Raven1998 said:

can psychedelic make enlightenment permanant ? and the joy after awakening and keep touch with enlightement.? (may be im refering wrong about enlightenment. )

Could an eternal being be made to be permanent?

Could an infinite being not be this other ‘thing’ (psych’s)?

Is there infinity, and also separate ‘things’? 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

13 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Could an eternal being be made to be permanent?

???? 

Eternal being is too free to carry any"permanent" chains ?

Well, tonight I had my more intense realization ever in my life. Just before sleep, and began like a 5 meo trip ,I did 5 meo 4 days ago, medium dose but intense, awaking at 4 night for better openess, yesterday I meditate in a park until night, good but nothing special, and in bed I have that experience. I'm sure that it was induced by the 5 meo but not because it remains any substance, it's because the openess that was created last time....so I think that psychedelic can make or at least help a lot

On 11/19/2020 at 7:37 AM, Raven1998 said:

can psychedelic make enlightenment permanent ? and the joy after awakening and keep touch with enlightenment.? 

It depends on how you are defining "enlightenment", "joy" and "permanent".

In a traditional context, psychedelics are unlikely to induce a constant feeling of joyful orgasm for the rest of the person's life. Yet they can induce long-lasting shifts in how the body and mind relate to reality. Many of this shifts could be considered "good" at a personal level. 

Another way of contextualizing "joy" would be to freely and effortless experience the appearances of Now - whatever those appearances may be. Yet this isn't very appealing at a personal level. If we told someone "A deeper Joy is that Which Is. Even if you are experiencing anxiety, there is an underlying Joy". That's not the type of thing the mind and body seeks. It wants the feel good stuff. One of the most common ideas of "enlightenment" I observe is a continual feeling of peace and joy. I'm not saying that idea is wrong and perhaps there is a dimension in which the body has a nonstop feeling of joy. Yet to me, that isn't that appealing. I don't want to be locked into anything 100%. Experiencing nonstop pain 24/7 would be miserable - yet experiencing a nonstop orgasm 24/7 would also be miserable to me. Experiencing a wide range of human experience is most appealing. Yet I would go heavy on joyful / peaceful feelings - perhaps 80% of the time and the other 20% being neutral or 'negative' feelings - such as intrigue, analysis, confusion, anxiety, hurt, insecure etc. At a human level, those moments give contrast and allow the peaceful / joyful feelings to be even deeper and more profound. 

28 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

In a traditional context, psychedelics are unlikely to induce a constant feeling of joyful orgasm for the rest of the person's life. Yet they can induce long-lasting shifts in how the body and mind relate to reality. Many of this shifts could be considered "good" at a personal level. 

Another way of contextualizing "joy" would be to freely and effortless experience the appearances of Now - whatever those appearances may be. Yet this isn't very appealing at a personal level. If we told someone "A deeper Joy is that Which Is. Even if you are experiencing anxiety, there is an underlying Joy". That's not the type of thing the mind and body seeks. It wants the feel good stuff. One of the most common ideas of "enlightenment" I observe is a continual feeling of peace and joy. I'm not saying that idea is wrong and perhaps there is a dimension in which the body has a nonstop feeling of joy. Yet to me, that isn't that appealing. I don't want to be locked into anything 100%. Experiencing nonstop pain 24/7 would be miserable - yet experiencing a nonstop orgasm 24/7 would also be miserable to me. Experiencing a wide range of human experience is most appealing. Yet I would go heavy on joyful / peaceful feelings - perhaps 80% of the time and the other 20% being neutral or 'negative' feelings - such as intrigue, analysis, confusion, anxiety, hurt, insecure etc. At a human level, those moments give contrast and allow the peaceful / joyful feelings to be even deeper and more profound. 

Man such high quality moderators we have here B|.

Brilliant answer 

10 hours ago, Forestluv said:

perfect. thank you ?

Its easy to be enlightened when you aren't doing anything but talking. Being is the easy part, acting from being is the hard part....