Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Practice Thread

133 posts in this topic

Unhealthy Orange on the 9-5 Job Lifestyle:

"Jobs are just modern-day slavery. You literally work pay-check to pay-check every single day from Monday to Friday, party on the weekends, on repeat. You're basically living life just looking forward to the weekends, that's a sad way to live life. You see, J.O.B stands for 'Just Over Broke.' When I was working a job, the way I thought about spending money, was how much time at work it took me to acquire what I just spent my money on. My T-shirt? I spent 8 hours of my life to get this shirt! My pants? It took me 15 hours of my life to get these pants! Now the next time I want something new, I have to spend 'X' amount of hours at work to get it! Sad part is, 90% of the population follows this type of average lifestyle, we call them '90 percenters.' They get taught to work hard in school, pay thousands of dollars for a degree, spent 'X' amount of years at school, just to live pay-check to pay-check. That's what you call a SCAM. Now if you don't want to be one of these people, you need to follow our lead, be coach-able, and learn to work with our investment vehicle to get you to where you want to be in life. You want to retire your mom who is working so hard everyday at work with all of her unfortunate medical conditions just to put food on the table? Come join us. You know there's a good saying, 'Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.' We will be the ones who teach you how to fish now come join us."

Edited by 7thLetter

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

@Leo Gura I just hope people won't start posting unhealthy embodiments in great abundance. We talk about them almost every day while the healthy versions are being a bit neglected. It becomes clear at around Yellow, but if this thread gets too one-sided, many people could simply demonize the stages, idealize them as too one-dimensional, or make a race out of it, "I can't be healthy until I'm at Green or above," or create these placeholder stereotypes that bind and blind one's mind, "Blue people equal Christian Trump supporters who also reject homosexuality." It brings to mind your video about content vs structure.

@electroBeam It is, although the language is manipulative in order to get people to sign up to be a part of whatever business they're offering

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

@electroBeam Except for the part where you look down on the 90% of human population.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

3 minutes ago, tsuki said:

@electroBeam Except for the part where you look down on the 90% of human population.

Well you're not orange if you're not competitive.

32 minutes ago, sholomar said:

I know how I react when I see an awoke progressive on reddit telling me that I should embrace allowing pre-pubescent children decide to be a different gender and encourage the process even using hormones before they reach puberty. It makes me think they are fucking nuts with screws loose in the head. Actually it doesn't... I've come far enough on accepting "what is" to allow them to have their point of view. ;)

I still have my orange/blue beliefs that may or may not change. I'm not too concerned about it... aside from the amount of time I waste on politics.

Reacting to a toxic version of green doesn't make you blue :) .

2 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

Well you're not orange if you're not competitive.

Again, healthy competitive vs toxic competitive.
@7thLetter's post is misleading because "Toxic Orange Entrepreneurs on the 9-5 Job Lifestyle" is a judgement from Green POV. Orange would not call that toxic.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

13 minutes ago, SirVladimir said:

I just hope people won't start posting unhealthy embodiments in great abundance.

That will reveal their lack of understanding of Spiral Dynamics. So let's see the quality of what people post. If people are mostly posting unhealthy toxic cartoonish stuff, then they're failing the test.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Oh God this means I failed. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

1 minute ago, Preety_India said:

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@tsuki

https://spiraldynamicsintegral.nl/en/orange/

"What are unhealthy manifestations of Orange?

Calculating, opportunistic, exploitation of the living environment, manipulative and abusing nature and environment, not taking one’s responsibility, too functional, too busy and loosing sight of the human aspect."

My post is for sure from the POV of an unhealthy Orange I'd say.

8 minutes ago, tsuki said:

Again, healthy competitive vs toxic competitive.
@7thLetter's post is misleading because "Toxic Orange Entrepreneurs on the 9-5 Job Lifestyle" is a judgement from Green POV. Orange would not call that toxic.

Well id argue trying to be in the top 10% is healthy orange. Saying its not i think is a judgement from green. Green should embody competition, its just highly fair. 

4 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

4 minutes ago, 7thLetter said:

My post is for sure from the POV of an unhealthy Orange I'd say.

I mean that the post itself is from Orange POV, but the title is written from Green POV. I called that misleading.
Orange would title it: "Escape wage slavery by breaking the system!" or something similar. Orange would not give it a title that calls it toxic explicitly. Orange has to pretend (even to itself) that it's the hottest shit out there, 100% legit.

Edited by tsuki

@electroBeam I would say Orange is competitive, Green is collaborative. Yellow is both. 

@tsuki You're right, changed it to just "Unhealthy Orange." But the title wasn't meant to be part of the acting, its just the topic of discussion.

45 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Nah you couldn't have made it more healthy ;)

Red on Trump:

Trump is a slimy, fat, little filth with no integrity or skill. His entire parade is a facade that he invented to cover up his weak and pathetic little self. He puts on a show, but he's hiding something big, something he doesn't want the world to see... well we're gonna get over to his mockery of a house, kidnap him before he's even got a chance to run, and show the world what that is. He thinks he can just blow up our country with his drones and technology while hiding in his little white house... shows how little courage he has. He aint like us, we the first ones to step foot in battle, and we do the skinnin' of our enemies with our bare hands. And that's what we're gonna do to him. All of our country will be watching, and they'll be cheering us on in admiration, from the moment we step foot in the US, to the moment Trump's head is on our pike. 

Sex Education from Orange:

I'm torn man on whether sex education is good or not. On the one hand I think sex education is good because it teaches us new ways to have sex, like through condoms and stuff, which gives us way more options and opportunities. And there are some sick sex ed teachers that even go over like best techniques to have sex, which helps you become a better man, more of a real man and develops your character to be a great human. And who doesn't want better sex anyway you know? Better sex, more fun! But like I think the social justice warriors go a bit too far in the whole nanny stuff like making sure partners are saying "yes" all the time... like that just makes sex lame ya know? And it just ruins the fun. And then there's like all these silly rules they put into it like asking the woman how she's feeling and stuff. Like dude if you wanna make your woman squirt, you gotta just pump her man, none of this girly how are you feeling shit. Its about making her squirt, not reenacting a chick flick dude like wtf. So yeah I don't know man. But I tell ya, regardless of sex ed, I'm gonna be banging all the chicks in my year and making them all squirt HARD.

Purple on Science

oooooo science is very good la. You just plug in the tran... tran... tranzizta... how you say? Ahh transistOR. Ya just plug the transistor la in and then woooof! It lights up, comes alive! Starts moving very fast la. "how does it work?" wo-work? Hu? "how does it work"? What you mean la? "understanding of it" aahh the understanding, comes from the sky la, the spirits from the cloud in the west. The spirits come into the ground and into the transistor. "how does that relate to the transistor coming alive" ahhh the spirits, it makes it move la. "are you sure" yes la that's what happens la. Come la watch <pulls the transistor so that it stops working> see la spirit left. "how do you know the spirit left?" oh la it just did la. See?

Edited by electroBeam

Stage Green

"Gender is a construct. Basically we as a culture decided what counts as female and male. Now keep in mind that gender is not the same as sex. Yes, sure women and men are different down there. But gender is something we impose on children as a culture, for example in the 1700s men wore tights and puffy skirts, women couldnt even wear pants in the 1800s but now weve changed that, nobody cares what you wear as a woman nowadays, can men wear skirts nowadays though...? Nah... Unless youre Scottish... is a kilt a skirt? see how relative it is? What makes a beard masculine? Where in nature does it say that it is? Female Bears are pretty furry, does that make them masculine? Man, Im so damn stoned, but you get the point."