Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Javfly33

Does time really exist?

23 posts in this topic

I don´t mean metaphorically. I mean literally

I just had a weird realization, a realization that says something like " I might haven´t moved a bit".

Let me explain, I just had a sudden raise in consciousness about 10 minutes ago.

I don´t know why, but I remembered an experience I lived months ago, yet it totally felt like that experience just happened a few seconds ago.

Not in the sense that I just re-lived that experience, but in the sense that no time has passed from x months ago to NOW.

It´s sooo hard to explain. But it feels like "I haven´t moved a bit" from past to NOW.

I have the feeling I am living all my life in the Now.

Please can someone tell me what the hell just happened lol

9 minutes ago, Nahm said:

:)

God moves by not moving, does by not doing, lives by not living. 

Interesting. Something to contemplate o.O

@Nahm I am intensely contemplating at the moment. It seems the common denominator between all experiences is that in all experiences Being was there.

giphy.gif

Edited by Javfly33

Is there time in dreams ?

If yes, is it the same kind of time you experience now ?

Is it really time, or rather, a succession of events giving the illusion of time ?

What if all the events could be experienced in whatever order, would time even exist ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

13 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

, but in the sense that no time has passed from x months ago to NOW.

Yes because always is now. Time is a mental construction, one of the many bondages

1 minute ago, Breakingthewall said:

Yes because always is now. Time is a mental construction, one of the many bondages

@Breakingthewall What are the other bondages?

12 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

@Breakingthewall What are the other bondages?

Well for me time is a big one, project to the future, the image of your life like an history, etc. Others for me are the body, takes care of the body, fear to sickness... another the relationship, the important people in your life, fear to isolation...and many others, many imaginary things that make you prisioneer

Edited by Breakingthewall

15 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Javfly33

And thinks by not thinking. 

How do you even stop that ?

Feels impossible to "do".

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Javfly33  I love this topic. :)

everything already happened. happened in a moment.. But this moment lasts forever. That's the paradox. 

There is nothing but now and there will never be anything else. 

Everything exists now. The entire past  is right now. The entire future is right now. Even people who lived 3000  years ago.. That time was now!!. 

Look at a rock. That rock contains within it the entire history of the universe. You can trace it back to endless causes in the past. All make up the rock right now. The now is made up from the past. And the past was nothing but now! 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

@Javfly33 wait till you remember something when you were a child and realize that it has happened now, like literally NOW. I remember being dumbstruck when it hit me, i was frozen like a retard ??

4 minutes ago, Frenk said:

@Javfly33 wait till you remember something when you were a child and realize that it has happened now, like literally NOW. I remember being dumbstruck when it hit me, i was frozen like a retard ??

@Frenk Yeah, it was something like that. 

Time exists. We even have a word for it. It's just not what you thought it was, it was something else: just a thought.

There's no eternal moment, there's just this. This is not created by or related to anything else, it's just this. You are this. Everything is this.

Apologies for the woo woo semi-poetic nature of my post.

It's actually very very simple, but so incredibly hard to grasp or explain. It's scary to abandon yourself to just this, without the crutch of time and tomorrow to lean on.

All stories and explanations are false.

7 minutes ago, LastThursday said:

It's scary to abandon yourself to just this, without the crutch of time and tomorrow to lean on.

Interesting, I wonder what happens when you truly abandon yourself to this. Because this is like throwing yourself into the abyss ?

Will you fall forever, Or maybe there's some Boogeyman catching you? ?

9 minutes ago, Member said:

Will you fall forever, Or maybe there's some Boogeyman catching you?

You will disappear before that happens. This will assimilate you. This is the Boogey(wo)man (sorry I'm on an equality drive in the usage of my language, it's a phase 9_9).

All stories and explanations are false.