Jo96

If consciousness is not in the brain?

33 posts in this topic

What does the brain do? What is the purpose of it? Furthermore does anyone have any reasonable arguments/ proofs/ excersizes to do that I could investigate that consiousness did not originate from my brain? 

Me, I don't know.

Leo, on the other hand, does not believe in conspiracy theories, but he believes that life is God conspiring against himself to fool himself and then feel smart. So God created brains and all this shit to deceive himself to keep himself asleep.

Which view sounds more likely?

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

The brain is a transmitter for Consciousness.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

1 hour ago, Jo96 said:

What does the brain do? What is the purpose of it? Furthermore does anyone have any reasonable arguments/ proofs/ excersizes to do that I could investigate that consiousness did not originate from my brain? 

The brain is a thought to make you think your real. Something for you to find if you go looking. A infinite rabbit hole of function and appearance but nothing more. It’s a trick, as is everything .

1 hour ago, Jo96 said:

The brain is a chicken and egg paradox realize this. It makes no sense. In a dream you would believe u had a brain and could damage your brain in a dream does that mean it’s real? Or is it just appearance your misinterpreting as real?

1 hour ago, Jo96 said:

What does the brain do? What is the purpose of it? 

What brain? Have you ever seen a brain? If not why you Believe in it? You don't believe in ghosts because you probably never seen one. 

1 hour ago, Jo96 said:

Furthermore does anyone have any reasonable arguments/ proofs/ excersizes to do that I could investigate that consiousness did not originate from my brain? 

Do you have any reasonable arguments/proofs /exercises that consciousness originates from this so called brain? 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Consciousness experiences itself through the brain. It infuses everything else, even the rocks and trees, but the cool thing about brains is that they allow Consciousness to realize itself.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

1 hour ago, KingEnergy said:

Brains are just as imaginary as the fact that brains are imaginary.

?

Imagine that!

2 hours ago, Jo96 said:

What does the brain do?

The function of the brain is to localize consciousness, pinning it to the space-time reference point implied by the physical body. 

2 hours ago, Jo96 said:

What do you mean/understand by the term "consciousness"?

Without being clear about this, your question lacks precision. Often people can muddle up "consciousness" (which they have not defined sufficiently to guide their enquiry) with "sentience". The two terms are distinct.

Well it is an appearance, it is a paradox and the brain story is certainly good to keep you thinking that you are the body. 

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

8 hours ago, Corpus said:

What do you mean/understand by the term "consciousness"?

Without being clear about this, your question lacks precision. Often people can muddle up "consciousness" (which they have not defined sufficiently to guide their enquiry) with "sentience". The two terms are distinct.

I mean awareness 

11 hours ago, Jo96 said:

What does the brain do?

Same thing that a car engine does inside a racing video game.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

8 hours ago, Dand said:

the brain is like a radio that tunes into a particular point in the infinite spectrum of consciousness.

No, you must deconstruct further. The brain is imaginary.

11 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

No, you must deconstruct further. The brain is imaginary.

What’s the quickest most direct way to deconstruct the idea of a brain. I have been indoctrinated from birth to believe that their is a brain that consciousness is acting through. So how do you undo that programing and see from scratch what there is ? 

@Jo96 Easy, psychedelics.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Jo96 Easy, psychedelics.

I guess I just haven’t tripped enough times...

Gonna trip tomorrow morning then ??

@Jo96 It's not about quantity, it's about quality of contemplation and questioning.

Don't just trip. Use the expanded consciousness of the trip to deepen your contemplation.

Next time you trip, devote the entire trip to questioning What is the brain?

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Jo96 It's not about quantity, it's about quality of contemplation and questioning.

Don't just trip. Use the expanded consciousness of the trip to deepen your contemplation.

Next time you trip, devote the entire trip to questioning What is the brain?

Will do.. thank you