Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
actualizing25

Is wanting to understand the Truth just an ego-desire?

81 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, SilentTears said:

Lol don’t mind him. He is advocating the path which works best for him. You took a different kinda path(kinda). Of course you guys are spirituality differently. 

always do what’s best intuitively for you.

But if I don't mind him, I'll be him. See the problem? xD

Also if we're talking about ass backwards paths, I'm not the one who put psychedelics up my ass. So... :|

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@Leo Gura But why is it a "ass-backwards" path if you pursue enlightenment because of happiness/peace? Can you explain that to me please?

1 hour ago, Moksha said:

Yes :) There are many paths, and it is wise to avoid ultimatums. Saying "this way" is the "only way" or even the "best way" is your sneaky as fuck ego climbing onto the enlightenment pedestal and striking a victory pose.

*swats at his ego*

Shoo.

I debated about explaining myself. *sigh* my bad for the confusion. 
lol I wasn’t saying one path bullshit. Each path has their own benefits and there are many paths for each and every person. 
I worded it bad I guess so my bad. 

tho I do see a lot of people mixing paths with stupid af beliefs. That is what I tried to point to in the post. 

no one needs to suffer to get enlightenment, however suffering isn’t even bad. Do you think men cry about fighting? Na, they enjoy it. It’s not suffering unless you make it suffering. (This comes from my path so dw about it if it doesn’t resonate with you.... and yes I do see people’s suffering as real) 

while sharing I see you spread around a lot of Buddha type beliefs. @Moksha good luck. 

I edited my last post for you. 

Edited by SilentTears

20 minutes ago, SilentTears said:

Each path has their own benefits and there are many paths for each and every person. 
I worded it bad I guess so my bad. 

I understood what you meant :) And you were right. For me to argue that suffering is the best way to dissolve the ego is, in a sense, egotistical. I should have said, "For this one, suffering has been a helpful way to dissolve the ego."

I try not to put "me" into any discussions around enlightenment. It tends to be Self-defeating.

Just took my dog for a walk, and was pondering on this.

Enlightenment doesn't exist.

Exist = "to stand out".

Enlightenment just is.

That enlightenment pedestal I mentioned earlier? The pedestal itself is a trap. Enlightenment is the space surrounding the pedestal; nothing was ever intended to be placed on it.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

47 minutes ago, Moksha said:

I understood what you meant :) And you were right.

Thank you, I’m coming back here after eating myself and I already forgot what we talked about. -_-
it’s fine you pure soul. I read the rest and you had good intentions. There will always be forgiveness and yet nothing to forgive. For this place is perfect. 

48 minutes ago, Moksha said:

I should have said, "For this one, suffering has been a helpful way to dissolve the ego."

That is true. It’s fine how you worded it before too. :)

49 minutes ago, Moksha said:

Enlightenment doesn't exist.

I don’t even know what enlightenment is. 

49 minutes ago, Moksha said:

Enlightenment just is.

True 

50 minutes ago, Moksha said:

That enlightenment pedestal I mentioned earlier? The pedestal itself is a trap. Enlightenment is the space surrounding the pedestal; nothing was ever intended to be placed on it.

It’s fine. It’s actually a great pointer to point out people’s unconsisness. Not sure why people wanna do that tho. 

lol what is enlightenment? 

enjoy your day. 

2 hours ago, mandyjw said:

But if I don't mind him, I'll be him. See the problem? xD

I see what your saying. Boo. 

2 hours ago, mandyjw said:

Also if we're talking about ass backwards paths, I'm not the one who put psychedelics up my ass. So... :|

:$ 

@SilentTears Enlightenment is nothing :) ? 

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

3 hours ago, Moksha said:

maroney.jpg

Anything put on a pedestal is always second place. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@mandyjw So true xD

Won exactly what I wanted.

Still having a resting bitch face ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@actualizing25 Right now it's not that high.  But in the past I've had experiences of love and crying wanting to to be a Bodhisattva and to help others.  I suppose love and trying to make the world a better place.  Also reducing suffering.  I've also come across this desire (from time-to-time in varying degrees) of just enjoying doing awareness-increasing practices and using my awareness.  I also like to explore reality for it's own sake, including recently coming across a deep meaningfulness in experiencing and knowing reality as reality, for its own sake (as a value, I didn't really have that experience).  

But, ya, I guess I've just had some on and off again experiences of motivation to awaken, some from suffering, others from just pure love and a desire to know god or something like that...

But at the moment I'm more focused on practical matters, and struggle a bit with the basics and mental health, which probably makes it tougher to really get in touch with authentic desires of higher orders.  But I try to keep them in mind and use them as more positive motivation.  But it's not like I'm 100% gung-ho hardcoring it at the moment.

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

I know about this person who got enlightened after searching for the secret of success for years and decades.

After getting higher consciousness and enlightenment he manifested success using those.

:D

Edited by captainamerica

12 hours ago, SilentTears said:

shows how people can truly take random ass paths and end up at the same place

Don't assume all spiritual paths lead to the same place. Some paths lead orders of magnitude higher than others.

The problem is, you must find which will take you highest. There is not one path that is highest for all people.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

12 hours ago, actualizing25 said:

@Leo Gura But why is it a "ass-backwards" path if you pursue enlightenment because of happiness/peace? Can you explain that to me please?

Because your ideas of happiness are not true. They are corruptions of the ego-mind. So what you're pursuing when you pursue happiness, is falsehood and devilry.

If you pursue happiness, you will likely not reach happiness nor truth.

If you pursue truth, you will likely reach truth and true happiness will dawn.

Happiness is the fruit of discovering Truth. When you want a juicy apple, don't worry about finding an apple, focus your attention on watering the roots of your apple tree. Children chase after apples. Adults water the apple tree roots.

Just by committing to and aligning your life with Truth you will already become a lot happier.

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Happiness is the fruit of discovering Truth. When you want a juicy apple, don't worry about finding an apple, focus your attention on watering the roots of your apple tree. Children chase after apples. Adults water the apple tree roots.

Hey Leo, this snake in the apple tree told me that this apple would not make me die, and that I'd be like God, knowing good and evil if I ate it. Want a bite? 

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Just by committing to and aligning your life with Truth you will already become a lot happier.

Beautiful said... but is Truth always dangerous as you get closer to it? All my awakenings have been marked by a huge anxiety and it seems that the more conscious I get, the more terrifying it becomes.

@Member One thing you can bank on is this: all fear is illusion and falsehood.

How could God fear itself? How could Infinite Love/Consciousness fear anything?

Fear is definitely a feature of the ego-mind.

50 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

Want a bite?

I would be more tempted by some BBQ ribs ;)

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

@Member One thing you can bank on is this: all fear is illusion and falsehood.

How could God fear itself? How could Infinite Love/Consciouseness fear anything?

I fear myself because obviously I'm a devil. But when some spiritual abilities become more obvious under all the social stigma, it feels like insanity. I wonder if it is normal to experience unusual stuff like clairvoyance when you're becoming more aware. It doesn't feel normal, ya know.