Barbara

Don't trust my mind anymore

51 posts in this topic

Hey so, recently I feel like I can’t or shouldn’t trust my mind for making decisions, having opinions, or taking a position. I guess I’m stuck in a counterproductive relativism (?) is that a thing?
About having opinions I understand how it’s like a good thing to not have the urge to have those, but I’m struggling to make practical decisions. For example, I’m in university, taking law but I don’t like it, or at least, I think I don’t… I can’t even no longer say if I like it or not, since our minds are so malleable and under great external influence.

Let’s say I don’t like it tho. I’m finishing it next year and I want to find something to do. I would like it to be aligned with my purpose (which btw, haven’t found yet), but can I even trust the content of my purpose?
Does anyone identify with this? Am I looking the wrong way? I’m seriously confused. Any recommendations on books, podcasts, or videos on this topic (Leo's or other).

Thank you for your attention 

14 minutes ago, Barbara said:

Hey so, recently I feel like I can’t or shouldn’t trust my mind for making decisions, having opinions, or taking a position. I guess I’m stuck in a counterproductive relativism (?) is that a thing?

Yes, it's a thing. See these Leo's videos:

You're in the individualistic stage (E7), aka the pluralist.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

Well if you do not know and you recognize you do not know this is actually a great thing.

Most people will be quick to take and defend philosophies, ideologies, and belief systems they do not know are absolutely true.

By admitting you do not know you are opening yourself up a radical possibility of knowing.

When you feel with every cell in your body you do not know something your intelligence start to work tremendously to try to find out.

Your question about university is a major life decision that could determine many things about your future. Don't think you need to rush with a decision like that. 

Sit down and give it some deep thought. Journal about your feelings about it. Write down questions you want answered about it. Etc.

Introspection is key. Figure out exactly what you want first and then go for it in the most decisive way possible.

2 hours ago, Barbara said:

I guess I’m stuck in a counterproductive relativism (?) is that a thing?

Oh yes, it's definitely a thing and you're curing it very well - by putting food on your table.

Likes and dislikes are not opinions. Opinions are arbitrary and serve to stitch holes in our understanding of the world.
Aversion and attraction, however, are feelings. Feelings are the only reliable compass we have because they are direct.
We are always feeling ourselves. Align your life with how you feel about yourself and you will find absurd amounts of integrity.

Good luck <3

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@Gesundheit Oh damn, if this ain't true. Read Cook-greuter and identified with a lot a lot of things regarding the pluralist. Thank you deeply.  What does E7 stand for?

@Byun Sean Thank you very much for your words and insights. Definitely should start journaling rigorously. Wish you the best!

@tsuki Hey, thank you so much for the kind words and the lovely tone! However, I would like to talk a bit more about this. Once Sadguru said (and I find it accurate) that feelings always follow thoughts, they're just slower. So if you cultivate a thought, any thought really, eventually you will feel towards the thought. For example, as much as I love my boyfriend, I know I can go on the verge of ending the relationship, just if I, for a period of time, feed a bad thought about him. I know this sounds severe but I find it freeing since it's my choice to lead thoughts and actions that will maintain the relationship good and alive.
Also, I've watched so much Derren Brown, and Mind field on youtube, that it's so clear that our subconscious is very susceptible to external influences, and our emotions and actions are enormously ruled by our subconscious.
But are you talking from direct experience? If so, I would love to hear more about how you feel integrity by aligning your life with your feelings. 
Much love  

The good news are you're not your mind, so you shouldn't trust it anyway. 

This guy puts it very well. 

5 hours ago, Barbara said:

I guess I’m stuck in a counterproductive relativism (?) is that a thing?

Yes, it's a thing and it can be problematic.

You must embrace the paradox of total relativism, yet still act with confidence and conviction. You must be decisive, visionary, and clear.

Listen to your heart and intuition. Studying law is clearly not right for you. Find what fills your heart with joy and pursue it like a bull. Meanwhile, pursue relativity too.

Here's my videos on this issue:

https://www.actualized.org/articles/the-paradox-of-developing-self-trust

https://www.actualized.org/articles/how-to-harness-your-intuition

https://www.actualized.org/articles/how-to-unleash-your-ambition

If you haven't taken my LP Course, it would help you a lot.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Leo what if my heart and mind want mushrooms but my pocket says "no"?

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

3 minutes ago, Megan Alecia said:

@Leo Gura Leo what if my heart and mind want mushrooms but my pocket says "no"?

If your heart and mind really wants something, it will hatch a plan to increase your pockets.

Never let material obstacles stop you from pursuing your vision.

@Leo Gura Hey Leo, this means a lot coming from you. I follow your content a lot but never saw the videos you indicated. I’ll do it first thing in the morning. 

I’m preplex with your answer. Thank you for taking the time. Much love

@Leo Gura Find it hard to comprehend heart’s language. Should I do exercises to open heart chackra? You mentioned in videos, but feels like a pendulum-swing manifestation. Know what i mean? Always feel really sad latter. It’s like hangover 

@Barbara What might help you even more than working on your heart is simply gaining clarity via contemplation.

https://www.actualized.org/articles/how-to-contemplate-using-a-journal

You lack clarity about what you want out of life. Clarity is gained through contemplation + action & experience.

The Life Purpose Course shows you how to create clarity.

@Leo Gura That's a nice helpful answer thanks :)

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

It’s really nice you giving advice so helpful like this, free of charge, from a place of deep love for humanity. Damn I’m really mindblowned 

6 hours ago, Barbara said:

1) I would like it to be aligned with my purpose (which btw, haven’t found yet),

2) but can I even trust the content of my purpose?

3) Does anyone identify with this? Am I looking the wrong way? I’m seriously confused. Any recommendations on books, podcasts, or videos on this topic (Leo's or other).

I identify with all of it word for word :) I am struggling with the same things you are.

My responses do not come from experience but rather, from intuition. I have nonexistent authority so do not trust me lol.

My responses here are more-so aimed at myself rather than at you. I am at a crossroads in my journey and I need to be my own mentor sometimes ^_^ Still, maybe you might find something valuable here~

1) Deep down you know what you want. It's just very, very, blurry and concealed behind what you call "practicality."

For example, maybe you know that you want to touch people's hearts and help them to have a certain emotional experience (see? you know what you want, it's just very very blurry) but this is concealed behind "practical" judgements such as "why would anybody listen to me?" "how do I even begin? I have no connections and I'm broke" etc. etc.

So even though you haven't found your Life Purpose in all of its glory yet, you're not as lost as you think you are.

2) How can you trust anything? Nothing should be taken at its face-value.

At the same time though, how can you trust your mistrust? What if your mistrust is a self-sabotage? Are you gonna mistrust your mistrust? But then you're just in a loop of mistrusting, which is actually trusting in mistrust.

So maybe trust is inescapable ;) There is deep value in trusting your instincts.

3) Leo's LP course is good. I'm currently working through it myself. Generally speaking though, your desire to find an external source of authority is a sneaky way to feel safe in a cocoon of theory. This will never replace the results of real action.

Once you take Leo's LP course, your VISION and DESIRE will have greater and greater clarity (instead of being a blurry mess!)

With this clear vision in mind, TAKE ACTION.

There is always something that you could be doing in the pursuit of your vision which you are currently neglecting.

It's Love.