Alfonsoo

Financial Advice for Young / students

32 posts in this topic

@Bojan Move man. Your environment seems really toxic. Try to move to some European country. Also if i knew the name of your country i might be able to give some specific suggestion even i am from a third world nation entrepeneur so i might be of some help

Edited by Kailash Bhattarai

@Bojan Bro I'm sure you are in a very bad situation, your country might be going through crisis but, for god sake don't be such a doomer, don't be such a victim. Yeah I might be a bit more privilaged than you but still I am not that much being born in a third world country and in middle class family. I agree I have a good programming knowledge, and with good and significantly understanding parents. In these regard I guess I am luckier than you but you know what, if you have an average laptop and an ok internet connection, You can learn everything yourself and turn around your world. So unless you don't have or cant afford these two accessories like a laptop and internet connection, you are your biggest enemy and your mindset/ VICTIM MENTALITY is what is putting you in such a bad position. Oh MY GOD. Reading your posts seems like you have very high VICTIMIZATION.

So, Your biggest hurdle is not your environment but your mindset in these cases. Also don't be lazy to do some low paying job in the beginning. If you keep complaining without trying anything then that's on you. I'm sure that if you fully commit to get out of this situation you will have a fairly comfortable lifestyle.

@Bojan no you don't need math, physics or chemistry for programming, basic English, and a laptop is sufficient. This is coming form a programmer. You don't need to be hired you can learn everything by yourself. 98% of stuff I learned myself on internet. Even before I went to my college I learned most of them myself. 

I started my own business without any work experience which you can to if you follow my advice given at the top of the page. Oh my GOD. Get out of this victim mentality. You are soooooo passimistic with a large number of bullshit limiting belief in your mind. God help you. 

@Kailash Bhattarai

What's your business about? Just curious.

Edited by Superfluo

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003

@superfluo its about mental health diagnosis and nootropics. Look at the top of page 2 for details and my explanation of how it got there. This might not be fully applicable to you, but you know most will be applicable and I have given some advices based on principle I used.

@Yarco

On 8/11/2020 at 4:02 AM, Yarco said:

Go browse all the jobs people are offering on Fiverr for some inspiration.

Thanks for the input.

@Kailash Bhattarai

Thank you.

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003

@Leo Gura

What about learning some skills like coding/digital marketing/copywriting/web development/etc. (the fancy ones) in order to achieve financial independence? Why do you think it is better/easier to find a low-capital business idea rather than learning marketable skills?

(I'm deciding which skills I'm going to learn in order to achieve financial independence)

2 hours ago, Bojan said:

How does a lawyer/prosecutor earn a living when there are barely enough divorces, inheritance fights, family abuse cases that need lawyers to solve them, rape that gets reported, and so on for all lawyers?

What are you talking about dude? Almost 800,000 people got divorced in the US in 2018. All of those cases need a lawyer. Average divorce cost is about $1,500, that makes it a $1.2 billion dollar a year industry in the US. That doesn't count all the other things lawyers need to be involved in.

Where do you get these strange notions from like "there are barely enough legal cases to warrant lawyers?" Did you hear that somewhere, or are you just pulling it out of the air?

How would lawyers earn a living if you're correct? All the evidence... the fact that the average lawyer makes over $100,000 per year, the fact that busses and billboards are covered in advertisements for lawyers, show that you're wrong. There are millions of lawyers in every country.

Is there the occasional washed-up lawyer who can't find work? Yes, but that's far from the norm.

3 hours ago, Bojan said:

On the other hand, if I choose to go with something like web development, again, my circumstances, health, my yellow fingers and ADD, and my hunger, my horniness, the fact that I'm a programmer in this country and am able to get framed for hacking, and can't fight and defend myself, I could end up finding out that it is not for me and I can't learn it, then I'd be in trouble for wasting more time, but yes I know maybe it is possible to learn it, but I'm scared of failing and losing another hope for getting rich, getting power.

I say this in the kindest way, but have you considered some kind of therapy or counselling? You're seriously going to not follow your dreams because you think your horniness will hold you back, or that the government will frame you as a hacker if you try to get a job as a programmer?

How many cases have you heard of the government in your country framing programmers as hackers? How many of them were just junior-level programmers working at a company not related to national security or something important? It's pure delusion is what it is.

Nothing in life is guaranteed! You could go to school for programming and not be able to get a job. Or you could just keep posting on this forum all day and maybe the government will hack into your account and frame you for terrorism. You can get fucked no matter what you do, so you might as well take a chance. No one ever becomes a judge or a CEO or a top military general without taking a single risk.

Edited by Yarco

@Bojan man I understand where you are coming from. and I also hate it when people don't understand how actually lucky they are. we are all born in a dark world and some people get paid millions of dollars for a simple role in a movie because their parents were famous and successful, etc. etc, while others get hardly paid for a difficult job like cleaning toilets. 

and it's not just that we're lazy or victimizing ourselves too much. we are all fundamentally born unequal. 

this is such a sad situation, and it's so easy to just give up. it's hard to stay strong. 

but man, I would like to advise you to not waste your time in ugly jealousy. be higher than that. your pure soul is not worthy of that kind of behavior.

the ego is such a waste of time. our precious life energy can be directed to something much more meaningful and valuable.

I'm talking about spiritual value here.

how much inner light do you have? how much grace do you feel? Are you able to perform healing?

do you know the value of love and selflessness? trust me, life is not about how much possessions you have. 

seek god, the innermost self within. understans your ego's ugliness and stupidity and unify with the holy spirit.

otherwise you will WASTE your life on clueless nihilism.

You can do SO much more.

don't say you weren't warned. think about what you're going to feel in your deathbed... there's so much difference you could have made. you could have brought more light into this cruel world. but you didn't...

please TAKE heed.

Edited by Shunyata

Stay cool & dry.

Affiliate marketing is something one can do without money. There's thousands of businesses out there who need people to market their products/services. Marketing is probably one of the biggest challenges for any sort of business, every business could use more customers or clients. If you have the marketing skills or an audience of some sort, you could be making some serious commissions.

Clickbank is a start, but make sure you find a niche that you genuinely have an interest in and choose a product/service to market.

Free ways to build an audience to market products to? Youtube, start a blog, Instagram, etc.

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein