ivory

Years spent at each stage in spiral?

47 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Origins said:

@Carl-Richard You haven't earned my presence. Honestly. You may find that pretentious but I call that simple self respect.

That pretty much sums it up.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

I'll give this guy one more single chance, if you can't proceed with actually adding anything to my knowledge on this discussion, genuinely relative to what we've spoken about and something that is of your own contribution, you'll be going back on my ignore list:

Okay @Carl-Richard let's see how you proceed from here shall we. Please entertain me with how courteous, respectful and sincere you can be with your conversing as we proceed forward here so that we can actually engender a proper discussion if that is at all possible here.

Let's play with the troll. 

Carl Rogers says: "But I'm seriously saying that you didn't say anything about what capacity means, or what you mean by integration, or the distinction between "this environment" and "any environment". I just didn't expect to read this amount of text without taking anything away from it."

Here are my own definitions on the fly, probably better than the real definitions in the context of my use of them here:

Capacity - Capacity refers to the ability of an phenomenon to perform some function relative to said ability, for example, the ability to speak, the ability to walk, the ability to pick up an object is synonymous to the capacity to speak, the capacity to walk, the capacity to pick up an object.

Let know if you have any issues understanding my meaning there.

Integration - Integration refers to the conversion of a characteristic of reality from being foreign and or a hindrance to the environment to something that is now is a seamless part of the patterns of the environment. An environment here can be the natural environment or the human brain, for example as it concerns the latter which relates to my main meaning here, the capacity (there's that word!) of a sentient organism to integrate its autobiographical memory is correlated with the organisms psychological mastery and environmental knowledge relative to its survival; a point which happens to be relevant to spiral dynamics as per my previous mention on the relationship between capacity, integration and the speed by which someone can move up the spiral.

On the distinction between this environment and any environment - very straight forward - so as far as we're aware we're in the year 2020, any environment technically could be characterised as literally any other time in history forwards or backwards. But we don't need to just refer to the year, we can also speak about the geographical landscape right down to the very planet. Why this is important is because the way that spiral dynamics is going to be referred to accurately is going to be different if said theory is developed by people from a tribal village who don't know anything outside said island versus people on Mars that don't know anything outside of Mars, and there you have the bias in relation to the applicable summaries of spiral dynamics in the context of todays environment. For one, its socially bound, this is a very risky mistake, as noted, something more accurate would be surmised from the perspective of consciousness and its abstract relationship with the environment overall outside the context of mere cultural and environmental ties. 

Now if you could make this easier on me by simply saying you don't have anything else to add so I can put you back on the block/ignore list I'd appreciate it otherwise if you do have something to add, please make sure it is additive otherwise that's what I'm going to go ahead and do anyhow unless you have genuine questions in relation to what I've stated. Or nothing. Nothing would be probably the best of what you could contribute.

Edited by Origins

@Origins A little wordy, but alright. I'm sorry if I offended you.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

On 10/28/2020 at 9:24 AM, ivory said:

@Leo Gura Just out of curiosity how long would you say serious seekers who make fairly consistent progress spend at each stage in the spiral before transitioning to the next? I really only care about the time one may spend at orange and green before moving on. What have you observed on this forum and what was your personal experience?

is  a stage something objective or in your interpretation of such?  If you dont know, then let that be the case and let it be, move on, let life come as it seems, perhaps it is perhaps not, just let it pass, laugh love, live.