Conceptually-made

Study of psychology

39 posts in this topic

On ‎26‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 11:00 AM, Conceptually-made said:

And I am just wondering how open minded are the academics in psychology really.

To reach the "vaulted" position of academic in a university you need to largely tether yourself into the limitation of a paradigm of what is accepted amongst the faculty and be able to parrot it with verve. Open-mindedness and a willingness to expand ones outlook are more often than not detrimental to the progression of ones career- which ultimately is what pays the bills and becomes the foremost consideration.

@Corpus Well said.

We'll be talking about this a lot more in Science Part 2.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Conceptually-made Sociology focuses on the influence of other people, while psychology incorporates all genetic and environmental influences. If you have a specific desire to help people that have been traumatized by social circumstances (e.g., family), sociology is the best path. Otherwise, psychology will give you a more diverse education. Sociologists tend to be trench workers; they help people in difficult circumstances like children with abusive parents. One of my family members was a social worker, but she eventually burned out. Psychologists help with a broader range of conditions, but they also can burn out. In either case, it has to be a calling. Don't choose it just because it sounds interesting. Unless there is a fire in your belly for it, I would do something else.

As Leo said, don't choose either one if your real goal is personal enlightenment and helping others become enlightened. There are better paths for that.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

1 minute ago, Moksha said:

@Conceptually-made Sociology focuses on the influence of other people, while psychology incorporates all genetic and environmental influences. If you have a specific desire to help people that have been traumatized by social circumstances (e.g., family), sociology is the best path. Otherwise, psychology will give you a more diverse education. Sociologists tend to be trench workers; they help people in difficult circumstances like children with abusive parents. One of my family members was a social worker, but she eventually burned out. Psychologists help with a broader range of conditions, but they also can burn out. In either case, it has to be a calling. Don't choose it just because it sounds interesting. Unless there is a fire in your belly for it, I would do something else.

As Leo said, don't choose either one if your real goal is personal enlightenment and helping others become enlightened. There are better paths for that.

All genetic and environmental factors? That is a gross assumption; much remains unknown.

Burnout is real and stems in part from knowing that you are unable to do your job to the best of your ability due to time constraints and pressures of workload. If one is happy consciously doing a bullshit job and can sleep at night in light of these limiting factors you will stave off/avoid burnout more successfully. Healthcare jobs in the current times are not what people imagine, and cause many casualties amongst those who have given much of their life, efforts and attention to trying to ease the woes of the populace.

(DOI- I am a doctor).

@Corpus I was referring to all genetic and environmental factors as presently supported by reliable scientific results. If any science claims to have all the answers, it's not real science.

Thank you for the healing work you do, especially given the challenges of our current reality.

Edited by Moksha

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

5 minutes ago, Moksha said:

@Corpus Lol, I was referring to all genetic and environmental factors as presently supported by reliable scientific results. If any science claims to have all the answers, it's not real science.

More importantly, neither my Ph.D. nor your M.D. is of any use in helping someone become enlightened. That happens when it is supposed to happen.

"Reliable scientific results" is a mandatory addendum but all prevailing scientific results which inform practise are regarded as reliable- until they are not. But I understand your point. Knowledge always changes, and academics know that, but remain constrained by the current state of this changing landscape and the giants upon whose shoulders they stand have no skin in the game requiring them to turn about-face. To view things from a radical new direction is something science finds hard to do; it has some in-built methodological flaws in which building on what has come before seems the easier option.

I would say the process of acquiring a doctorate in anything would, if anything, present a barrier to personal enlightenment as the process of "self-construction" it entails means more deconstructing to do. Such academic achievements mean nothing to enlightening anyone else, as you rightly say.

@Corpus I updated my post a while ago, since my first response felt a little egoic :)

Science has experienced dramatic paradigm shifts, such as the realization of quantum vs. Newtonian physics. I agree that in general, science has a hard time being creative. True creativity arises from Source, not from science. The most substantive advances happen when people like Einstein are able to connect with the creative intelligence that we ultimately are.

I remember when I first received my Ph.D., and realizing that the true value of my education was knowing how little I knew. In that way, education is a gift. It is humbling. People that become conceptually blocked by their education are missing the point.

Never ask Leo about advice if you want to follow an academic path, he will just tell you that those people dont fuck with awakening so they are bad. Of course not literally said but if you look closely at his rhetoric that is all that Leo tells you. He is so far up his own ass. He wants to fill your had with 'everything is imaginary' dogma, even though he will deny this, claiming he is not here to spout any dogma. This is of course false. He is literally a guy who will spend 3 hours telling you the most twisted shit about reality and 'you', but hey, dont take it on as belief, its just a thought experiment.

If demons exist, I wouldn't be surprised if hes an actual demon who spouts this dogma so he can confuse his victims to better feed on them.

Let me tell you something which will lift a weight off your shoulders.

You are not God. You are not Love. You are not Infinity. You are not Leo. You are whatever the fuck you want to be. Don't let anyone tell you who or what you are.

18 minutes ago, FlowerNote said:

You are not God. You are not Love. You are not Infinity. You are not Leo. You are whatever the fuck you want to be. Don't let anyone tell you who or what you are.

yeah you are what you want to be or in other words god ,infinity ,love.

20 minutes ago, FlowerNote said:

Never ask Leo about advice if you want to follow an academic path, he will just tell you that those people dont fuck with awakening so they are bad. Of course not literally said but if you look closely at his rhetoric that is all that Leo tells you. He is so far up his own ass. He wants to fill your had with 'everything is imaginary' dogma, even though he will deny this, claiming he is not here to spout any dogma. This is of course false. He is literally a guy who will spend 3 hours telling you the most twisted shit about reality and 'you', but hey, dont take it on as belief, its just a thought experiment.

Leo doesn’t create dogma, you do. I don’t understand why are u so angry about him.

I strongly support getting an education. If you do it right, learning will round out your perspectives and help prepare you for success. It's not worth mortgaging your life, though. The most important lessons can be learned, tuition free.

Edited by Moksha

I study Psychology and what Leo said is my experience in a nutshell but University has some other benefits for me like networking and having time for trying new things.

My university's slogan is "We are Mystics" Got you there Leo, ahaha just joking nuances 

Just because universities are not open widely to 'EVERYTHING' doesn't mean there is 0% open mindedness either. Isn't Martin Ball a professor? And he is has been pretty open about his experiences. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

7 hours ago, FlowerNote said:

This sentence is ironic through Leo's lens of non-duality ahaha

Saying something that only a facet of God could say ahah

"Don't let anyone tell you who or what you are" Yet, you are basing your belief off of something right? Our society does this all the time unconsciously.

My understanding of Leo's work is to open our minds up. Also, he is often speaking from a place which is very close to and wrapped up in the psychedelic experience. I am grateful for his work and offerings as a catalyst to my inner work. 

Though, it'll take time and if I don't get the results from Leo's work in my life than that will be enough. I only get one crack at life, let's hope Leo is really doing good work. (and that I am intelligent and capable enough to be a good judge, but, if I have been fooled once I am liked to get fooled again) 

So far, it seems he has good content. Some of his teachings I am eery about. I have also noticed that as I grow and develop his videos get recontextualized as my overall understanding of reality develops usually to good effect. My ability to love myself, pursue goals in life and to face my inner demons have been well developed thanks to his teachings.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

12 hours ago, Conceptually-made said:

@Jacobsrw  Thanks for your explanation really gave me a better perspective :) 

i admit i imagined psychology to be more more introspective but yeah i see what you are saying. It is a very statistical and scientific approach and it isn’t necessarily as fun as I imagined it to be. But still the thing that keeps me interested is simply the value of psychology and basically the purpose of its work. 
i guess I won’t find the perfect college but so far psychology seems like most full filling for me. 

For sure! There are many benefits in study, it provides you a point of leverage for further career opportunities. You aren’t locked to the degree perse often it can be taken into whatever avenue you desire.

I implore you to instigate a paradigm shift in your field of expertise. This is my plan in some area of specific psychological practice. After all, it’s the Only grounds from which the social sciences can develop ?

Edited by Jacobsrw

@FlowerNote Banned

Do not spread ignorance and misinformation on this forum about Consciousness, Love, God, Infinity.

Be here with an open mind, to learn.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

11 hours ago, FlowerNote said:

If demons exist, I wouldn't be surprised if hes an actual demon who spouts this dogma so he can confuse his victims to better feed on them.

Let me tell you something which will lift a weight off your shoulders.

Jesus!!

Psychology has its uses within the context of life.

Life is a dream though and you are the dreamer. - It probably won't help much in regards to realizing that... Or maybe it will, i don't know. Changa works.

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

I graduated from the Faculty of History and now I want to study psychology professionally.