SQAAD

Why does racism exist?

34 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

not really imo. you can find cockroaches disgusting and being used to them, they not "the unknown" 

There are different degrees and aspects to this phenomena. You might be used to looking at them from a distance, but have you actually held one in your hand? I used to be creeped out about big spiders until I moved into a basement with huge spiders everywhere in my room. Now I no longer find them creepy.

Another example is my mother who is a doctor. She is used to examining people's bodies and has a much lower threshold than other peoole for talking about disgusting bodily stuff at the dinner table. This is very interesting because she is usually extremely digust sensitive when it comes to other things like keeping her house clean and personal hygiene.

I think the best example of how digust is subject to conditioning is how you are able to take a shit, wipe yourself and flush without constantly fighting the digust response, meanwhile if you see a human turd on the street, you'll most likely find it comparatively unpleasant.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Racism is the ego manifesting itself. The ego is an illusion, and can only survive by claiming superiority over others. It is the fruit of complete identification with the physical form. The ego is blind to the One being that all of us are.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

It's all in the genetic memory.

Genes drive behaviour to an unimaginable extent. 

All the genes left in today's world has helped humanity survive all the odds despite reigning over consciousness.

Genetics was important for survival in the past and to a very small extent in the present.

Now, it's time to dissolve bad karma / genetic behaviours by raising consciousness through meditation and spreading the practice as wide as possible.

Now it's the time to spread love.

Edited by An young being

6 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Love is blind. 

Even better, Love sees everything truly. 

Edited by Moksha

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

17 hours ago, SQAAD said:

Why does racism exist? Why some people are racist?

I really don't get it.. I don't understand what drives racism.

How can you be so dumb? # jk lol. 

Well I think it's tendency (how you like or dislike certain foods) and feeling of superiority. And the fact that for most of our history as humans we lived in tribes. So that implemented the seeds of our unequality in our genes basically. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

5 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Love is blind. 

6 minutes ago, Someone here said:

How can you be so dumb? # jk lol. 

Well I think it's tendency (how you like or dislike certain foods) and feeling of superiority. And the fact that for most of our history as humans we lived in tribes. So that implemented the seeds of our unequality in our genes basically. 

Here are other wild but important reasons why specifically white hates black:

1) White color comes into picture when there is light. Humans get food only when there is light. So they hate darkness naturally and avoid it. As a side effect, people started hating darkness in skin as well. 

2 ) Religions portray darkness as evil. That has naturally created a bad impression on black colour.

3 ) As many people have mentioned here, tribalism is also a big reason.

4) Using black people as slaves due to above reasons further projected an image of superiority of white over black.

As @Nahm said, Love is blind, and random, to be precise.

But now we are conscious enough to guide Love, so please guide it.

7 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

not really imo. you can find cockroaches disgusting and being used to them, they not "the unknown" 

Another point on racism being related to fear is there was a study that showed taking a drug that inhibits a certain adrenaline receptor lead to decreases in implicit racial bias.

The reason why racism is seen in the lower stages of SD development is essentially because these stages are more egocentric and therefore more fear-based. There is a reason why racists in America say they don't trust black people and that they perceive them as dangerous and "out to no good".

It's a well-established fact that if you grow up while being close with people of other races, then you're much more likely to be accepting of other races as an adult. Everything boils down to the fear of the unknown.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

1 hour ago, An young being said:

Love is blind, and random, to be precise.

Holy synchronicity. Sitting on the porch reading your comment, ups guy walking up to the house is literally bent over by love half way across the lawn, hand’s on his knees, loss of breath. Looks at our lawn sign, looks at me and says “I really appreciate that man, really”. I said “I really appreciate you man, really”. He said “It’s a mess tho, amIright?”. I said “hell yeah it is, but we got this tho, amIright?”. He said “yeah...... YEah.........YEAH we do got this”. I said well alright then. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

Holy synchronicity. Sitting on the porch reading your comment, ups guy walking up to the house is literally bent over by love half way across the lawn, hand’s on his knees, loss of breath. Looks at our lawn sign, looks at me and says “I really appreciate that man, really”. I said “I really appreciate you man, really”. He said “It’s a mess tho, amIright?”. I said “hell yeah it is, but we got this tho, amIright?”. He said “yeah...... YEah.........YEAH we do got this”. I said well alright then. 

Now that is Love :)

On 10/25/2020 at 5:25 PM, SQAAD said:

Why does racism exist? Why some people are racist?

I really don't get it.. I don't understand what drives racism.

Racism exists so that you don’t get it and people can work to make it not exist. Plus it’s ironic in the absolute sense and god is a trickster by nature finding joy in this even thought its fucked up

I think another good question that helps get to the core of this issue is... why is racism so common?  It’s not a US thing only, it happens in Virtually every culture to some extent.  I like the example someone gave abt the biracial Japanese tennis player Osaka, she had to change her name because of the stigma of being biracial in Japan.  She literally took the name of the city she lived in to avoid racism.  It’s a very common human issue... So why that is tends to be the most interesting question to me...