Spiral Wizard

OBEs, Lucid Dreaming, Astral Projection & Soul Travel

16 posts in this topic

@GreenWoods and I are obsessed with Lucid Dreaming, Astral Projection, Soul Travel, OBEs

Since a lot of you are fellow oneironauts or aspire to do become one, we thought it might be a good idea to open up a thread to exchange resources, experiences, knowledge and hold ourselves accountable to develop proficiency ASAP. 

We can give you well over 20 book recommendations. Here are 7 classics as a teaser:

• Dream Yoga by Andrew Holecek
  • The Tibetan yogas of dream and sleep by Tenzin Wangyal
  • Astral Dynamics: The Complete Book of Out-of-Body Experience by Robert Bruce
  • Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming by Stephen LaBerge
  • Are You Dreaming?: Exploring Lucid Dreams: A Comprehensive Guide by Daniel Love
  • Destiny Of Souls by Michael Newton
  • The secret of the Soul by William Buhlman

Mastering these skills will pay dividends for your entire lifetime. Check out these threads to understand the vast possibilities that LDs & OBEs offer:

Edited by Spiral Wizard

"The journey never ends, the point of arrival is always now." 

I recommend Beyond the veil :the complete guide to conscious sleep - - by Daniel Allen Kelly    on kindle. 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

@seeking_brilliance didn't expect to see books I haven't stumbled upon yet... thank you so much for the recommendation! May I ask what you like about this book in particular? What are your main takeaways?

"The journey never ends, the point of arrival is always now." 

On 10/25/2020 at 4:18 PM, Spiral Wizard said:

@GreenWoods and I are obsessed with Lucid Dreaming, Astral Projection, Soul Travel, OBEs

Totally obsessed indeed :D

On 10/25/2020 at 4:18 PM, Spiral Wizard said:

Since a lot of you are fellow oneironauts or aspire to do become one, we thought it might be a good idea to open up a thread to exchange resources, experiences, knowledge and hold ourselves accountable to develop proficiency ASAP. 

My go-to resource is dreamviews.com. Books are valuable, but by far the most nuggets I got from dreamviews (when it comes to LDs, for APs I recommend books). And I probably only went through less than 1% of the posts. A lot of nuggets still lying hidden there. There are also the best Guides. A must-read resource for oneironauts.

Edited by GreenWoods

I’ve been trying to lucid dream for a while but have yet to do so. Astral projection does sound pretty interesting

22 hours ago, Spiral Wizard said:

@seeking_brilliance didn't expect to see books I haven't stumbled upon yet... thank you so much for the recommendation! May I ask what you like about this book in particular? What are your main takeaways?

This book is very comprehensive. It is half a lifetime of study and experience that he compiles into a robust (but not endlessly long) digestible package. 

He gives his take on astral projection and lucid Dreaming, and then provides exercises (breath work, energy, and visualisation, trance, etc) that prime the dreamer for conscious dreaming and for deeper levels of lucidity as well.  He also teaches his method for WILD, which is pretty simple and straightforward.

It even teaches a little talked about subject in the ld world : pellucidity. 

Edited by seeking_brilliance

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

Yeah, I'm trying to get into lucid dreaming more seriously. 

One questions though: what is the difference between soul travel and astral projection?

@Spiral Wizard THIS is the chat.

Don't fragment this community into secret sub-communities. If you got good stuff to share, share it here. Discuss it here. Why you gotta be secret about it?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I'd add 

Dreaming through darkness - life changing book

6 hours ago, AlphaAbundance said:

I recommend everyone read this book ("The Phase"). It's the best practical book I've read on OBEs so far.

6 hours ago, Toadie2018 said:

One questions though: what is the difference between soul travel and astral projection?

Everyone defines these differently. For me, the difference is the brainwaves. During astral projection you have theta and/or delta, during soul travel you have epsilon. Some people say OBEing with epsilon brainwaves is a completely different experience.

1 hour ago, herghly said:

Dreaming through darkness - life changing book

Thanks!

I've heard this book mentioned a few times now - Destiny Of Souls by Michael Newton

Did you gain anything practical from it?