r0ckyreed

Solipsism is Truth: Everything is Imagination

156 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Every physical object is imaginary.

There is nothing which is not imaginary.

@Leo Gura What causes the dream to be consistent and stable?

From direct experience, it looks like a videogame in the sense that we only experience what is being rendered but there's always much data stored behind the scenes which makes the consistency possible.

Even to materialist, the argument that "consistent is real" doesn't hold up to scrutiny. Every time I look at an apple, it is red. The apple is consistently red. Yet scientists have clearly shown that the red color is my imagination. There is no external red color. Yet there it is! 

As well, the moon is not "consistent". The so-called "moon" is rapidly changing. It's just the imagination of the "moon" that is consistent. It can be perceived very differently. Imagine going to the quantum level. . . What happened to the "moon"? Where did it go?

And what time from is "consistent?". If we do a trillion year time lapse the moon is there and then *poof* it's gone!

7 minutes ago, Fran11 said:

@Leo Gura What causes the dream to be consistent and stable?

Nothing but consistency itself. Consistency is a just a slow rate of change as opposed to a rapid rate of change. And also a certain sense of order to the change.

but there's always much data stored behind the scenes which makes the consistency possible.

That's also imaginary.

All that data is here, so to speak, and it needs no cause.

You imagine data behind the scenes because you are unwilling to accept that the present moment is uncaused and absolute. If you deny uncausality, then you must forever go about hunting for and imagining hidden causes.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

11 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Nothing but consistency itself. Consistency is a just a slow rate of change as opposed to a rapid rate of change.

But that slow rate of change also applies to things that are outside of my direct experience.

For example, I'm not seeing my dog right now but if I check he'll probably be relatively the same xD

How do we reconcile this with "nothing being hidden"? 

Where is my dog "stored" when I'm not seeing him?

Edited by Fran11

1 minute ago, Fran11 said:

But that slow rate of change also affects things outside of my direct experience.

How do we reconcile this with "nothing being hidden"?

There is nothing outside your direct experience.

10 minutes ago, Fran11 said:

What causes the dream to be consistent and stable?

Here are my two humble cents to the puzzle. It's your state of mind. You are imagining consistency, and therefore consistency occupies your mind. The notion of consistency is constantly bombarding that-which-is-perceived, and therefore you think you live in a consistent world. It's a thought beclouding the pure presence of everything. 

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

That’s exactly what I mean by solipsism. It’s not that I exist and everyone else doesn’t. It’s that there is experience but no experiencer. I am imagination. There is no separation between Direct Experience and imagination like you say.

Edited by r0ckyreed

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Isn’t that the same as: There is no higher state of consciousness, because you’re not experiencing it right now?

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

3 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

Isn’t that the same as: There is no higher state of consciousness, because you’re not experiencing it right now?

Look, reality is completely relativistic.

So if right now your state of consciousness is such that you think there are no other higher states of consciousness, then that is literally what is true. Until you imagine otherwise.

Or consider this:

For an atheist, there actually is no God. Until he imagines otherwise.

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If things aren't "stored" somewhere outside the perceptual field, how can they reappear after having lost contact with them? 

Edited by Fran11

3 minutes ago, Fran11 said:

If things aren't "stored" somewhere outside the perceptual field, how can they reappear after having lost contact with them? 

How can anything exist at all?

MAGIC!

Since God is infinite, it needs no cause, process, or how. It's infinite. It can just pull whatever it wants out of its own ass. That's the whole point of infinity. It makes the impossible possible.

@Leo Gura So there is no objective truth?

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

4 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

@Leo Gura So there is no objective truth?

Absolute relativity is the ultimate truth.

Everything is Truth. Obviously ;)

Why would God deny anything??

God will even allow you to deny God, Truth, Consciousness, and Love.

The highest Love is to allow the denial of Love.

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

How can anything exist at all?

MAGIC!

I don't feel the little perceptual field can be the whole of God's mind. 

Even in conventional dreams, our "individual mind" is creating the dream using memories and resources that are outside of the perception of dream character.

Edited by Fran11

6 hours ago, justfortoday said:

Fair enough.

There is ONE instance of the color green and it’s not happening inside your brain. 

Everything you hear and see is exactly as it is. The colors you see are suspended in nothingness. 

The “universe” is perceiving itself. Neither you nor your friend have an instance of the color green. 

The color green is just floating in the vacuum of empty space. 

You aren’t experiencing sounds and colors - they are BEING for themselves.

The reason you know them is because the “air” or the “space” around you is what is actually conscious. Not your ego.

When you “walk” or move your body, it is not your body that is experiencing reality, it’s the space that wraps around you. 

You get it? 

This perfectly explains why you can move through space and no matter where you are your mind stays in the same Place in the center. It’s not actually just some Mind floating within the brain 

@Leo Gura What's the significance of the word imaginary? That it's fictitious? Or is it a reference seeing the process of creation being done? Or something else? 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

7 minutes ago, Fran11 said:

I don't feel the little perceptual field can be the whole of God's mind.

In a sense it is not. It is a limited state of God's mind. God's mind can expand infinitely beyond your little bubble. But assuming it isn't expanded. This is what it is.

You see, when God's mind is limited, that's literally what God becomes until it changes to something more unlimited.

So, in a sense, God is able to lock itself out of its own mind. When God imagines it is a human, it's as if God doesn't exist. From the human's POV that's the case. And since the human's POV is just God limiting itself, that limited POV becomes reality. Until it changes to something more expansive.

Reality is nothing but POV. So being stuck in the human POV is like the death of God. And taking on the God POV kills the human.

Even in conventional dreams, our "individual mind" is rendering the dream behind the perception of dream character.

That's a bad example because that's a dream within a dream.

Awakening will reveal that to be an illusion.

8 minutes ago, lmfao said:

@Leo Gura What's the significance of the word imaginary? That it's fictitious? Or is it a reference seeing the process of creation being done? Or something else? 

Imagination means it is a mental activity.

The physical world is the mental activity of an Infinite Mind.

For example, you can become conscious of how you are imagining your own hands or your parents or your childhood.

My entire body is imaginary. Made up of figments of consciousness.

You will readily admit that dreams are imaginary, right? Like, your body inside a dream is imaginary, right? Obviously. Well, now just go one step further and apply that to the physical world. It is just a bit more of a powerful form of imagination.

@Leo Gura alright thanks

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.