VeganAwake

Enlightenment is not a gaining of insight, knowledge or wisdom

33 posts in this topic

It's the clear and undeniable seeing that the sense of 'I' that believes it will one day become enlightened, is an illusion.

The illusory seeker believes that with enough focus, diligent practices and accumulated knowledge, it will one day arrive at something called Liberation.( In a few decades of course lol, see it doesn't want to be unidentified with)

But with that approach it's an unachievable goal, because the very thing seeking... ISN'T REAL.

So everything 'I' does to become Awakened actually prolong's it. (Its the hamster wheel effect... the more you identify AS IT, the longer the dream story is perpetuated) 

Turn that seeking energy around 180 degrees and LOOK and see Who or What wants to become Enlightened?

Is it a real entity?

Where is it located?

What does it consist of?

Note:

This information is pertaining to Enlightenment. Its not saying 'you' should or shouldn't do anything in particular including any kind of spiritualpractices/meditation/rituals/chants...etc....It's saying there isn't a 'YOU' that has a choice.

A prison cell can be updated and decorated infinitely.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

I knoe I'm that but still in the relative story the student needs to mature in order to get it when the master says

"you are That"

But ofcourse,  in the end, there was never a student and there was never a master. Only the screen on which both appear is real, but thats just the absolute truth,  it is not the relative truth sooo ?

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

Exactly! There is no gaining of presence

There is no increasing your awareness

That doesn't really exist because you are always aware.

It's just letting everything that's in your way go

It's just not standing in your own way 

MOoooOOOVVvveemmennnttttttttttt.

Edited by TripleFly

4 hours ago, TripleFly said:

It's just letting everything that's in your way go

It's just not standing in your own way

There just never was a separate 'you' standing in the way or letting everything go.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

6 hours ago, Dodo said:

I knoe I'm that but still in the relative story the student needs to mature in order to get it when the master says

"you are That"

Who knows I'm that?

Who is 'I' that knows?

What makes up that 'I'?

I guess that for me without practicing some meditation/letting go/relaxation I’ll never get in touch with my true self. The story is just too compelling?.

Btw I like this kind of teaching it reminds me neo advaita stuff.

9 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

Who knows I'm that?

Who is 'I' that knows?

What makes up that 'I'?

~~~~The formless now~~~~ ??

Edited by Dodo

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

4 hours ago, Dodo said:

~~~~The formless now~~~~ ??

Well that is intellectual...(thinking)

There is apparently a body with senses right!! (you can physically check and look)

Can you physically locate the 'me'?

Can you physically Look and find the 'me' and touch it?

15 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

There is apparently a body with senses right!! (you can physically check and look)

Yes, my peepee!

How is the now intellectual?  Its a pointing, its not what you think, it's what your thinking appears in. Its absolute. <3

I literally get what you are pointing at, you don't need to preach self inquiry to the choir ???

Like do you understand that anything I post on this forum you can call intellectual,  because you see your idea of what I say, not what I mean by what I say...

Ya get me?? If you feel you understand what the present moment is, you're not theeere yet ????

Edited by Dodo

@VeganAwake still not stroking your non-existent ego with the non-knowledge that nothing doesn't exist 

Divest from the conceptual. Experience the actual.

13 minutes ago, Shmurda said:

@VeganAwake still not stroking your non-existent ego with the non-knowledge that nothing doesn't exist 

Thats a hyper enlightened response omgee I would be impressed if there was an i ?

Why is your definition of enlightenment and spiritual teachings better than the yogic teachings or new-age or Buddhism?

If a normal person listened to you for 10 minutes, really understood it and their mind stopped believing in the false character. 1 hour later they create their own Ashram and begin working as a spiritual teacher, would that seem sane to you? Or do you think that maybe there is more to spiritual growth, like clearing out emotional distortions, becoming more balanced and free, having the kundalini awakening etc?

49 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

I just wanted to add that for you the present moment is intellectual because you are not paying attention to the direct experience of the present moment. I am not talking about a concept. The present moment is something verifiable and at the same time very mysterious no-thing.

It is synonymous to whatever you are trying to point to, but you will not accept another pointer to it, because your "enlightenment " is intellectual. Thats why you intellectialise that my answer is intellectual instead of checking in with direct experience to confirm.

Hahaha but don't take it too seriously. Your pointings would be good if you didn't show them from an egoic state of consciousness. 

@Dodo I was referring to the formless part of your statement in reference to using intellect.

I was attempting to get you to physically look and see that the 'me' character isn't real. There's a major experiential difference between intellectually hearing the 'me' character is an illusion, and actually looking & seeing it's not there.

There is no 'your' enlightenment because enlightenment is the dissolving of the separate 'me' character within the dream story.

And in that sense, Enlightenment is a non happening because there never was a separate 'me' that even could be dissolved... that's why it's referred to as an illusion.... and that's why the statement "you are already enlightened" makes no sense from the separate 'me' character's perspective.

From the 'me' character's perspective there's all kinds of spiritual work that needs to be done prior to liberation.

When the 'me' character dies, its recognized for the first time, that the only thing that felt like something was missing was the illusion of 'me'.

Then it's just being ❤

7 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

@Dodo I was referring to the formless part of your statement in reference to using intellect.

I was attempting to get you to physically look and see that the 'me' character isn't real. There's a major experiential difference between intellectually hearing the 'me' character is an illusion, and actually looking & seeing it's not there.

There is no 'your' enlightenment because enlightenment is the dissolving of the separate 'me' character within the dream story.

And in that sense, Enlightenment is a non happening because there never was a separate 'me' that even could be dissolved... that's why it's referred to as an illusion.... and that's why the statement "you are already enlightened" makes no sense from the separate 'me' character's perspective.

From the 'me' character's perspective there's all kinds of spiritual work that needs to be done prior to liberation.

When the 'me' character dies, its recognized for the first time, that the only thing that felt like something was missing was the illusion of 'me'.

Then it's just being ❤

You're intellectualising a bit too much and projecting that I need your pointers. Really relax a bit I do the same mistake. Take this seeing and keep marinating. Its like seeing myself so I cant blame you I do the same thing. You are getting too excited of being nothingness. That's still not enlightenment. 

There's more, but this is important step. This step is all about purification, so stay calm, stay present beyond form. Glad you are here.

Edited by Dodo

The me can realize all sorts of amazing things in the dream. That could be called personal enlightenment or consciousness work. If you want to be happy, establish a daily meditation practice and let it blossom. Don’t strive. Any diligence can be applied to just setting aside an hour a day to sit. Or experiment with whatever cool practices are available — self inquiry, jhanas, yoga, self love...

On the other hand... Nothing doesn’t exist (it’s no-thing), so it isn't finite — it’s infinite. Nothing is (appears as) everything. There’s no room for a you that could ever actually know it’s liberated. There‘s only everything, which happens to be nothing. This is already everything — the incomprehensible, so nobody knows it, which is exactly why “you” don’t know it. Nobody ever does.

On 10/15/2020 at 10:13 AM, VeganAwake said:

It's the clear and undeniable seeing that the sense of 'I' that believes it will one day become enlightened, is an illusion

An illusion believes?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@VeganAwake

Real story please no laughing ✋

I passed through a cat this morning.. Cat was so chill.. It looked like a wise cat.. I asked "her".. : what is enlightenment really? What is this all about? Everyone disagree and argue with each other and they all seem equally right and equally false from different perspectives... its crazy.. Where is the truth? Where is the truth? 

The cat said : meow. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

2 hours ago, Nahm said:

An illusion believes?

When there is an identification as the separate 'me' character in the body, there can seem to be beliefs held onto.

That entire construct is an illusion...❤

2 hours ago, Someone here said:

@VeganAwake

Real story please no laughing ✋

I passed through a cat this morning.. Cat was so chill.. It looked like a wise cat.. I asked "her".. : what is enlightenment really? What is this all about? Everyone disagree and argue with each other and they all seem equally right and equally false from different perspectives... its crazy.. Where is the truth? Where is the truth? 

The cat said : meow. 

Nice...❤

Truth is a word that assumes there's something false.

There's actually nothing that's false, there are just apparent misunderstandings.

So if there's nothing actually false, there is no need for the word truth.

They cancel each other out = 0

The cat's meow is what IS.

So in that sense everyone's apparent different perspectives are not true nor false, there simply what IS.

Whole complete and perfect with no separation. ❤