Drake72

What exactly did you experience Leo that makes you so sure you’re at such a high leve

122 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, integral said:

Growing up and waking up are not the same.

I agree. 

10 minutes ago, integral said:

Spirituality is more then enlightenment, it umbrellas many subjects. 

Spirituality is just a term, whatever meaning you give it, it will have. For some it can mean just getting your awareness to the point of enlightenment, for some it is developing to be better more compassionate as a whole etc., for some it's also stuff like astral projections, channeling, ETs and for some it is just some woo woo term that hippies use :D

@Leo Gura I’ll give 5meo a go if it can give me something other psychedelics haven’t 

13 hours ago, Drake72 said:

You assume that you’re above all the masters and people on this forum..

Aren't you assuming you know what he's assuming?

As far as I can tell, he's done a tremendous amount of study as well as a tremendous about of processing what he's studied. Although I do see some possible character issues associated with his insecurities, the gathering and processing of data that he's done at least makes him an authority on his experience in the matter.

Who else to do you go to to learn other than a person that know more than you about a subject?

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

What I experienced cannot ever be described.

One the vids I saw you trying describe it resonated such that I felt I was talking to myself and when my experience happened, it effected the real world after(I say this because it proved to me it wasn't merely a delusion because it had a physical effect). It changed me forever to the core of whatever I am- I now go around pretending I'm a normal human man living in linear temporal experience. 

..but I still dunno anything about enlightenment and I'm pretty sure I don't need to. 

I've seen some videos where Leo said we shouldn't overestimate how evolved he is etc. etc.

12 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

What I experienced cannot ever be described.

All I can say is, seek it out for yourself -- if you dare.

Leo puts it the best way he possibly can I have been able to pick out the bullshit in most teachers . Leo is very straight forward not pushing bullshit.

@Leo Gura I’ve thought about it and the reason I’ve turned on all of this consciousness  stuff is because of skepticism but I’m starting to notice I’m doing it with a lot of things in life to the point of losing motivation. Ik you’ve talked about healthy skepticism but can you briefly tell me the difference between being skeptical and being cynical? 

1 hour ago, Drake72 said:

@Leo Gura I’ve thought about it and the reason I’ve turned on all of this consciousness  stuff is because of skepticism but I’m starting to notice I’m doing it with a lot of things in life to the point of losing motivation. Ik you’ve talked about healthy skepticism but can you briefly tell me the difference between being skeptical and being cynical? 

Don't lose sight of the point.

The point of skepticism is not an end in itself but a means to arrive at truth. What we really care about is truth. Do you have a pure, genuine desire for truth? If you do, then you will be loyal to that end, not to skepticism. Skepticism is only valuable in so far as it is helping you in your mission to reach truth. If skepticism stops serving that function, then you must discard it.

For example, how do you know that your use of skepticism isn't a self-deception? Why do you assume skepticism will lead you to truth? How can you be sure you're apply skepticism properly?

Ground yourself in a pure, genuine desire for truth, and the rest will fix itself.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura I see and another guy put it well he said to question your own skepticism and that it’s not crazy to open up to new ideas. I also need at least some concrete assurance like the monks getting their brain scanned. From what you’ve said in some videos it sounds like you’ve had glimpses in your own experience haha so how confident are you that truth is something to be discovered and not some crazy idea? 

Please watch Leo’s videos on Actuality vs concept and true/false skepticism.

Ground yourself in actuality.

Look at your hand. That is Direct Experience. That is actuality. Look at your hand for 5 hours. That is Absolute Truth. All of your skepticism, beliefs, and thoughts about your hand are just concepts and imagination.

I am not sure if Enlightenment is something you want to pursue because you have to accept that some things in life cannot be explicated. Enlightenment is gaslighting everything you think you know and what remains after that is Truth. Are you willing to surrender your life for Truth at any and all costs? 

Nobody can ever write Enlightenment in a book. In the same way, you cannot tell me what the color red is. No matter how much you talk about the color red, you are no closer to the end than where you began. 

You have to explore the buffet of life for yourself. How do you know that we are telling you the truth? You don’t. You have to find it for yourself. I can talk about the taste of sugar all day, but that will not tell you anything about the actual taste of sugar. The same thing is with enlightenment. You have to live life in the primary, not secondary.

Heres a starting point. Write down the Truth. Go ahead. Write it down on paper and realize how what you wrote down is false. Keep writing the Truth by asking yourself “what do I know for certain?” Once you write it down, you can attack each statement to be less full of shit. See my post on Spiritual Autolysis or google it.

Edited by r0ckyreed

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

@r0ckyreed If you and everyone on here is pursuing enlightenment and you have made progress it kind of takes away from your credibility when you say “you don’t know that we’re telling the truth” if you were a pro athlete you wouldn’t say “you don’t know if it’s possible to be this good” you’d simply assure me 

If someone is great at something They’re going to assure you it’s possible not just say “you don’t know if it’s possible find out yourself” that sounds more like playing games 

3 minutes ago, Drake72 said:

@r0ckyreed If you and everyone on here is pursuing enlightenment and you have made progress it kind of takes away from your credibility when you say “you don’t know that we’re telling the truth” if you were a pro athlete you wouldn’t say “you don’t know if it’s possible to be this good” you’d simply assure me 

It’s easy to prove your a great athlete because that is measurable. You cannot measure enlightenment because it is totally Subjective. The only way you can measure another person’s enlightenment is if you could someone peek into their mind to see their mental gym and experiences.

You are trapped within your own experience, and since the ego is The Evil Demon, you should not trust other people because how do you know that you have a consistent way of detecting self-delusion in other people when it’s hard for you to even detect it in yourself?

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

@r0ckyreed what I mean is that if it’s part of your experience you’re going to be just as sure as an athlete would be of there performance that you would just give simple assurance not play borderline mind games 

6 minutes ago, Drake72 said:

If someone is great at something They’re going to assure you it’s possible not just say “you don’t know if it’s possible find out yourself” that sounds more like playing games 

That’s the thing! You don’t know! Why should you trust other people who claim to be enlightened? Do you know how easy it is to bullshit enlightenment? How do you think Cults are started? If enlightenment can be comparable to knowing a pro athlete from an amateur, then why do you think many people delude themselves into cults and believing they are enlightened?

The Evil Demon is ego and is very tricky. Watch out. Rationality is a tool of the Devil. Don’t believe, verify. 

Beliefs get you nowhere in life. Actually experience and verify all the things people are saying to you. Experience it for yourself. The color red exists! Don’t believe me, experience it for yourself!

Edited by r0ckyreed

5 minutes ago, Drake72 said:

@r0ckyreed Well that’s my point lol

I’m not sure if you follow. I am telling you to experience the color red instead of asking others.

8 minutes ago, Drake72 said:

@r0ckyreed what I mean is that if it’s part of your experience you’re going to be just as sure as an athlete would be of there performance that you would just give simple assurance not play borderline mind games 

Self-deception is what is creating your reality. The ego is playing mind games with you. You are in a magic show that has convinced you that you are the magician of the magic.

Edited by r0ckyreed

If the Leo or anyone on here wants others to awaken as well you need to be sure of what you’re doing is legit and my point is when you don’t assure people it discourages them and makes it sound like you’re not trustworthy to say “you don’t know” maybe you are legit maybe you aren’t  but if you are you should assure people since it is possible! 

3 minutes ago, Drake72 said:

If the Leo or anyone on here wants others to awaken as well you need to be sure of what you’re doing is legit and my point is when you don’t assure people it discourages them and makes it sound like you’re not trustworthy to say “you don’t know” maybe you are legit maybe you aren’t  but if you are you should assure people since it is possible! 

There is no such thing as awakening others. You can lead a dog to water, but you cannot make him drink. Leo is encouraging and guiding you to the water, but you are not drinking it.

Edited by r0ckyreed

That’s what a leader does not tell the blind to figure it out their self ik you have to do it yourself in the end the same way the athlete does but the coach should be able to push you to do it!