Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SQAAD

Leo What's your opinion about William Lane Craig?

23 posts in this topic

Leo, i wonder what's your take on William Lane Craig (as a philosopher).

Maybe you don't know him... But he is a great philosopher. He is also a Christian. His debates with atheists are very intelligent.

Edited by SQAAD

He is a religious bizarro. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@SQAAD I mean... he's not wrong to be raising these questions. He's obviously onto something. But his formulations and logic are thoroughly dualistic and will never be sufficient for understanding God.

The Universe didn't come from nothing. It is nothing. Right now.

Also, to frame God as outside the universe is silly. God is the Universe.

This is the problem with academic philosophy: it's purely at the level of logic, concepts, and arguments.

God/Universe caused itself.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura He also believes that objective moral values exist. Which i disagree. He has some great arguments but other times i don't understand him.. If you watch this video you'll understand.

Edited by SQAAD

The source of "morality" is ultimately Love. Love is an absolute, so you could frame that as "objective", but this is not what moralists mean or understand.

All conditional forms of morality are biased and relative.

The only absolute morality is EVERYTHING. So if your morality says that murdering babies is wrong, then you don't understand absolute morality.

Anything that you think is wrong in the Universe, is your own delusion. The Universe is Absolutely Perfect and it cannot be improved in any way.

If Goodness was a obligation, then it wouldn't be Good, it would be evil. The reason God is Good is because it places no obligation on anyone else to be good.

Isnt this the guy that edgy atheists like to debate?

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Leo Gura

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The source of "morality" is ultimately Love. Love is an absolute, so you could frame that as "objective", but this is not what moralists mean or understand.

The only absolute morality is EVERYTHING. So if your morality says that murdering babies is wrong, then you don't understand absolute morality.

I didn't like his argument with the baby. One last thing if you can reply.

He claimed that "For something to be significant it has to make a change. And on naturalism the choices of the entire human race are ultimately inconsequential. It doesn't matter. It's insignicant and that seems to be virtually undeniable on atheism"

Then he continues: '' In the absence of God there isn't any objective foundation for the affirmation of objective moral values and duties. These are simply illusions and therefore you can't rescue signifance."

Do you agree with what he says?

He begins at 8:42 of the video

Morality should not come from a skydaddy. It comes from love. 

Sorry. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

2 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Sorry. 

Morals come from socialization. Good parents. But I guess thats sort of love too. :) 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

1 hour ago, SQAAD said:

He claimed that "For something to be significant it has to make a change. And on naturalism the choices of the entire human race are ultimately inconsequential. It doesn't matter. It's insignicant and that seems to be virtually undeniable on atheism"

Then he continues: '' In the absence of God there isn't any objective foundation for the affirmation of objective moral values and duties. These are simply illusions and therefore you can't rescue signifance."

Do you agree with what he says?

He is deeply lost in his mind and Christian dogma.

All difference is imaginary.

The most significant thing is to realize that all difference is relative and imaginary and that nothing matters. If nothing matters, nothing can go wrong. Hence everything is Love.

Reality has no foundation. Reality is groundless. And that is God. If reality had a foundation, it would be limited and evil. Any infinitely powerful and Good being cannot have a foundation. Foundationalism is evil and this guy is a devil.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Also, to frame God as outside the universe is silly. God is the Universe.

Some people have a real hard time understanding this. What else can He be? 

@Leo Gura

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

He is deeply lost in his mind and Christian dogma.

All difference is imaginary.

The most significant thing is to realize that all difference is relative and imaginary and that nothing matters. If nothing matters, nothing can go wrong. Hence everything is Love.

Reality has no foundation. Reality is groundless. And that is God. If reality had a foundation, it would be limited and evil. Any infinitely powerful and Good being cannot have a foundation. Foundationalism is evil and this guy is a devil.

Thank you for replying. So that means that there is no foundation for morality? 

I don't understand him sometimes (William Lane Craig). Overall his arguments are pretty good but i believe he is wrong.

He also says:

"Muslims worship a God that doesn't exist. There is no such person as Allah as described in the Koran"

Well i find that to be very twisted. He denies muslims their God but doesn't do the same to Christians...   

It just baffles me that someone can be so good and intelligent with some arguements but fail at others.. It leads to confusion for me. Makes me doubt myself also, if understood what he said properly etc.

Edited by SQAAD

1 hour ago, SQAAD said:

It just baffles me that someone can be so good and intelligent with some arguements but fail at others.. It leads to confusion for me. Makes me doubt myself also

The ego-mind is always using logic to rationalize its biases and selfishness. The ego-mind is not interested in truth.

God doesn't exist, WAKE UP !

The Big Bang though ... that's the real shit ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

On 2020/10/12 at 3:24 PM, Leo Gura said:

@SQAAD God is the Universe.

22 hours ago, Akemrelax said:

Some people have a real hard time understanding this. What else can He be? 

I know this is just a play of words but it's funny this is why ACIM says;

Oneness is simply the idea God is.

We say “God is,” and then we cease to speak, for in that knowledge words are meaningless

Saying that the Universe is God is limiting hahaha

BTW I used to admire this man so much when I was a evangelical teen.

feels like a past life is insane.

On 10/12/2020 at 9:59 AM, Preety_India said:

Sorry. 

The problem is love can be finished. even you don't love yourself 24/7, you hate yourself and suffer. you feel depress, hopeless, lost and imagine to love someone who is completely opposite to you. that is absurd. 

On 10/12/2020 at 9:30 AM, Leo Gura said:

love is the half part and moral discipline is the other. the problem is can you handle you yourself being murder and feel it is love. 

Feeling love is not neceessary for love to be.

99.99% of love goes unfelt. A human can only feel so much of it.

@Leo Gura

21 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Feeling love is not neceessary for love to be.

99.99% of love goes unfelt. A human can only feel so much of it.

infinite love exists but no one would dig and mine God consciousness and love infinitely, no one would give up his ego for love sake, even if you want to be. every cell of your body fights for it's servival. infinite love only remains concept for humans. filling christ on to 50 trillion cell is impossible. 

I see, most of you here at actualized.org talk about absolute view of reality, on which you aren't capable of being. I appreciate absolute view of things as epistemic knowledge inquiry, but as a living way of life and self actualization process, it is bullshit. no one is capable of infinite consciousness and absolute view of reality. 

Edited by Conscious life
missing statement