Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Parththakkar12

Stage Orange Nihilism

16 posts in this topic

I've noticed this interesting phenomenon that happens with Stage Orange materialists - they tend to be nihilistic.

There's this big trend where people generally have this 'Meh' attitude or 'I don't give a fuck' attitude towards everything. It's like nothing motivates them, nothing excites them, they tend to take everything for granted and this plunges them into nihilism where they start to believe that everything is pointless and meaningless.

They are in their rational mind, chasing material pleasure and material success. In the later stages of Orange, when hedonism doesn't work because of hedonic adaptation, they start to see that pleasure is meaningless. Then, they start to look for meaning in survival. They'll come up with all sorts of weird stories, like 'Humanity will die in 200 years. We must save humanity from this threat!!!' and look for meaning there. What they don't realize is that there is nothing meaningful about survival. Survival is not an exciting and interesting process, it is a very dumb, brute, mechanical, boring, grindy process. There's nothing interesting, exciting, creative about survival because the ego is an illusion. (which they don't see yet)

The issue here is that they think they don't feel any emotions, when this isn't the case. The primary emotion they feel is apathy. There will be some serious monsters under those floorboards. When you see those, then you move up the spiral into Green. Then life starts to become meaningful all of a sudden because you discover that other people exist!

Has Leo made a video on this? The 'I don't give a fuck' attitude that's very popular these days deserves a video of it's own.

Edited by Parththakkar12

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

They generally have a huge ego that drives their motivation, more masculine traits. They are bold, pragmatic. They are hardwired to get things done only to realize later that getting the things they worked so hard for isn't really making them happier. 

They carry some narcissistic traits for sure. The nihilism actually comes from creating a very materialistic life that's not spiritually fulfilling. Inside they are empty, hollow. 

Now imagine if you went shopping to buy everything in the world, shopping shopping shopping shopping shopping and some more shopping. In the end you collapse in your couch and feel nothing, just empty. And you're like "now what." This is where the emptiness comes from. This leads to boredom because they have exhausted that dopamine, it's like you're on a forever vacation just after your exams and you are getting bored because nothing is driving you, you want to go back to school and be excited for new things 

This is actually human nature or biology of dopamine. If you do too much of it, it gives you a big "high", lot of excitement and past the peak point, your excitement suddenly starts to drop like falling from the mountain, motivation progressively drops and you reach a "low," if you keep doing this juggle between "high" and "low", initially it's exciting but sooner it will give you depression.. That's what Stage Orange people do and then get depressed and nihilistic because you can only have so much of the hedonistic enjoyment in life. In the end you get bored of all the toys you collected. 

The way to navigate the labyrinth of stage orange without falling into the unconscious rabbit holes is to keep balance. You need that drive and motivation and achievement in life to attain certain basic things and to have a certain order or flow. But balance it with Green values of spirituality and detachment and freedom and true ethereal joy. Then it's a perfect combo. 

I like the pragmatism of Stage Orange. But Green is irresistible to me too. 

Stage Orange takes pragmatism a little too far in their need to conquer everything in life which is not that great. Let life be a beautiful mystery, subtle, a little practical, a little dreamy, not everything has to be conquered. Not everything is victory. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Parththakkar12

Also another vital difference between stage Orange and Green is that Stage Orange does a lot of things for egoic Manifestation. The purpose they are so after lacks meaning, it's more about "see, I can do this!" "we made it", "see what I did" "we can make it happen", these are egoic manifestations, which means they do these projects for the world or humanity out of egoic desire to feel great about themselves, losing sight of the real purpose behind their projects. Whereas stage Green is committed to a project, with a strong purpose in mind, not for egoic desires, not for chest thumping, but for a sincere cause, a sincere passion to create good and change the bad, they genuinely want the world to be a better place, so their intentions are true which makes a lot of sense spiritually and what stage orange does is a fake project.. 

Edited by Preety_India

5 hours ago, Parththakkar12 said:

The 'I don't give a fuck' attitude that's very popular these days deserves a video of it's own

A lot of that attitude is a symptom of a closed off heart. It's a defense mechanism, e.g if I don't care then I can't get hurt. When your heart (chakra) opens, suddenly you're asked to start caring again. And it can be quite scary.

I've noticed that Existentialism is a popular philosophy among people at an Orange level of development; it definitely was for me back in my early twenties, with its emphasis on having the freedom to construct your own meaning in response to Nihilism. There are definitely flaws with existentialism as a philosophy, but on the whole I see it as a relatively healthy response to nihilism for someone at that stage of development; and of course something to be transcended once you develop a bit more and begin to finding meaning and value in your relationships with other people.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

17 hours ago, aurum said:

A lot of that attitude is a symptom of a closed off heart. It's a defense mechanism, e.g if I don't care then I can't get hurt.

Isnt that basic ego work? Realizing that its not really you who gets hurt, but your ego. Or is it something else in this context?

Because I have this same attitude, but its not negative for me. I feel like not giving my emotions power over certain things is giving me power to decide my own mood and happiness. Then again, I could be suppressing my heart chakra. Do you know a good source on the subject?

On 10/11/2020 at 9:33 AM, DocWatts said:

There are definitely flaws with existentialism as a philosophy

Hmm...  I'm a huge fan of existentialism. What are these flaws that you speak of?

On 10/10/2020 at 0:34 PM, Parththakkar12 said:

The primary emotion they feel is apathy. There will be some serious monsters under those floorboards. When you see those, then you move up the spiral into Green. Then life starts to become meaningful all of a sudden because you discover that other people exist!

Sounds like the transition from dark night of the soul.

@Parththakkar12 it is the "doomer" meme. This nihilism and apathy permeates the atmosphere in the memes and Internet communication of so many young people. I think the doomer meme is one of the best representations of what's being talked about. 

It's in the rick and morty meme. In the "gamers vs society" and "joker" memes. It's also in incels and red pill. "coomer" meme, dopamine instant gratification. Can't you feel it all being and coming together? 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

After my dog died today nothing matters in the world. 90 percent of what people say is bullshit. Nihilism sets you free. Thanks 

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary

@diamondpenguin I'm sorry about your dog. RIP dog. I agree with you because I have felt that way many times. 

5 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

@diamondpenguin I'm sorry about your dog. RIP dog. I agree with you because I have felt that way many times. 

Thank you so much for the outreach. Early This morning she was urinating out blood and it just concatenate into a downhill string of despair leaving me with nothing but sadness and pictures and memories. After my uncle died last winter and my now my dog passing. I have fallen into a deep nihilism about life and with knowing the only thing that can heal my emptiness is discovering the deepest emptiness. RIP to kirbs. Rest in paradise my old friend.?❤

1 minute ago, diamondpenguin said:

Thank you so much for the outreach. Early This morning she was urinating out blood and it just concatenate into a downhill string of despair leaving me with nothing but sadness and pictures and memories. After my uncle died last winter and my now my dog passing. I have fallen into a deep nihilism about life and with knowing the only thing that can heal my emptiness is discovering the deepest emptiness. RIP to kirbs. Rest in paradise my old friend.?❤

RIP to kirbs. ? Kirbs has achieved freedom from this life. I felt the same way when my father passed away a few years ago. 

Your father passed. I'm sorry for your loss.❤??. I can only imagine the emptiness and despair that can come from losing close friend, parents, siblings, children. We will meet them all in paradise one day. They have all been liberated from this world. We will all find the truth soon that all these gurus talk about. 

I offer my condolences for your dog.

Proper nihilism would mean mean no truth, no paradise or world to be liberated from... and indeed an emptiness of sorts (not believing in things).

Believers often figure that without sharia, unbelievers have no morals. In the same way, some people misunderstand nihilism. Caring doesn't come from beliefs or meaning anymore than morality comes from authority.

That nihilism is a good thing because it puts you in a state of not knowing, it can become very pessimistic because when nihilism is projected onto our society  it makes us aware of the devilry that is among us. This can be a very dangerous stage for some people because i think its the pinnacle of orange to green, Do you want to be serving your own selfish needs or do you want to be one of the good guys? becoming a good guy is difficult, a lot of blues and oranges will think your a little bitch and you will want to go into Jordan Peterson lobster mode.