SpYITB

Do you guys really understand infinity?

50 posts in this topic

Understanding is an oxymoron. Understanding the infinite is as oxymoronic as it gets.

@Mvrs i like your explanation ? it is impossible we can exist but still we do, and people get so numb to life and take it completely for granted, but life does include alot of suffering as well, every possibility gotta exist just look at the impossiblility we are experiencing 

My insights on psychedelics have been a bit tragic as well cause you can't escape reality somehow

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

6 hours ago, Moksha said:

Awareness is the space in which all things exist. Awareness does not itself exist, which literally means to "stand out" or to be manifested. However, awareness is still real. It is you, it is me, it is now, it is the essence of all things but it is no-thing.

I would agree, but in my view, this is still dualistic. To say that awareness is a space that things can exist in, implies separation or a distinction. But there is no space and no things, no middlemen required. There is only awareness which does not even exist.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

There is no such thing as non-existence. Only existence.

Infinity exists. Here. It. Is.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

There's still a hidden "others" there..

Being the only one would mean that there is no such thing as connection. Because connection implies others.

Connection is subjective, although I feel more like being the "ether" that connects all things than "oneness", but maybe it's just semantics since English is not my first language.

12 hours ago, Gesundheit said:

I would agree, but in my view, this is still dualistic. To say that awareness is a space that things can exist in, implies separation or a distinction. But there is no space and no things, no middlemen required. There is only awareness which does not even exist.

Existence and Non-Existence are dualistic. Objects and Space are dualistic. Manifestation and Nonmanifestation are dualistic. Immanent God and Transcendent God are dualistic. Everything and Nothing are dualistic.

Buddha said of arriving at Parinibbana (the final state of Nirvana) that none of the following apply: you exist, you do not exist, you both exist and do not exist, you neither exist nor don’t exist.

Nirvana is a state beyond existence and non-existence. It is even beyond the combination and absence of existence and non-existence. Nirvana is Ultimate Reality; the permanent state that is beyond everything and nothing. It is beyond the formed and the formless. It is the eternal state of pure essence.

This is why Ultimate Reality is an incomprehensible mystery. It is Nondualistic, which makes no sense to the human mind. It can only be known spiritually, not conceptually.

These things cannot be seen with your physical eyes; therefore I give you spiritual vison to perceive my majestic power. (Bhagavad Gita 11:8)

But beyond this formless state there is another, unmanifested reality, which is eternal and is not dissolved when the cosmos is destroyed. (Bhagavad Gita 8:20)

Lord of the gods, you are the abode of the universe. Changeless, you are what is and what is not, and beyond the duality of existence and nonexistence.  (Bhagavad Gita 11:37-38)

Edited by Moksha

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

4 minutes ago, Moksha said:

Existence and Non-Existence are dualistic. Objects and Space are dualistic. Manifestation and Nonmanifestation are dualistic. Immanent God and Transcendent God are dualistic. Everything and Nothing are dualistic.

Buddha said of arriving at Parinibbana (the final state of Nirvana) that none of the following apply: you exist, you do not exist, you both exist and do not exist, you neither exist nor don’t exist.

Nirvana is a state beyond existence and non-existence. It is even beyond the combination and absence of existence and non-existence. Nirvana is Ultimate Reality; the permanent state that is beyond everything and nothing. It is beyond the formed and the formless. It is the eternal state of pure essence.

This is why Ultimate Reality is an incomprehensible mystery. It is Nondualistic, which makes no sense to the human mind. It can only be known spiritually, not conceptually.

Absolutely ??

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

As far as I know Infinity doesn't exist, it's just another concept. Just as limitations are conceptial. When spiritual people say infinity I think it's more accurate to say that they mean an absence of limitations. That's what nothingness(another concept) is, seeing through the falseness of limitations. 

Because when someone says infinity. People imagine that everything they could possibly imagine is possible, but this is another limitation. Or that it's a line of numbers that goes on forever, that's another limitation. Any imagination or concept is limited. Thus infinity is more accurately an absence of, rather than a presence of or a manifestation of. When people get a glimpse of infinity they don't actually get a glimpse of infinity, they get a glimpse of their true selves without limit. Therefore there isn't anything to understand about infinity, because "infinity" is already everywhere - or nowhere. You are just focussing on your limitations.

Maybe I'm playing a semantics game but alas. That's what all communication is anyway. 

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

@vizual Infinity literally means "without limit". It is the state of being outside the limits of time and space. Most of the spiritual texts I've read prefer the pointer "eternal". It is possible to experience eternity even at this moment. In fact, this moment is eternity. For the human experience, eternity doesn't mean living forever. It means experiencing the timeless dimension of Now.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.