SpYITB

Do you guys really understand infinity?

50 posts in this topic

I have tripped on half a dozen edibles in the span of an hour, nothing more than that. I have not experienced absolute infinity, and if that is what reality is, I will gladly live the lie for a few more decades. My question to you all however is, do you really understand what infinity is? First of all, there are an infinite number of magnitudes of infinity in mathematics(the lowest is the integers, second lowest is all real numbers, etc etc.) Furthermore, the size of the infinity that measures HOW MANY MAGNITUDES OF INFINITY there are is itself THE HIGHEST POSSIBLE INFINITY. All of this which Leo has said more or less I guess... 

However, mere mortals cannot really grasp the concept of infinity, Users of 5-Meo claim they have experienced absolute infinity, uncountable dimensions, blah blah blah. And I'm sure they believe themselves to be telling the truth, but let me link you guys to a very large number. 1- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graham's_number

2-  https://waitbutwhy.com/2014/11/1000000-grahams-number.html 

Read these articles throughly, make sure you really understand the magnitude of this number, keeping in mind that absolute infinity is an infinite magnitude of orders larger than this number, and then come back and tell me, have you really experienced absolute infinity, or just sensations and states of consciousness that your puny little limited consciousness cannot handle.

Infinity is not a number.

It's EVERYTHING. THIS.

You are Infinity.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Then you are really just using semantics at this point. Infinity is just a meaningless word, it might well be "dkhdjhfj"

I understand your point, I know infinity is not a number, numbers don't exist in reality, they are entirely conceptual, and you use it as a word to convey a sense of magnitude of the state of consciousness that you have experienced. My question is, does the "sensation" of magnitude that Graham's number convey dwarf what you have experienced on your trips, or vice versa?

Edited by SpYITB

@SpYITB Yes, of course words are limited.

However, that doesn't mean that all words serve the same function equally.

"Infinity" at the very least vaguely points to imaginations of limitlessness for most people, whereas your proposed "dkhdjhfj" does not.

That's the key here: limitlessness. It exists. It is here. Leo speaks of this.

It's Love.

And how does your concept of infinity compare to the number I introduced to you?

Can only be understood in direct experience. No one can explain it to you. 

1 hour ago, SpYITB said:

And how does your concept of infinity compare to the number I introduced to you?

If you were serious about infinity you wouldn't talk about it, you would contemplate it until you become directly conscious of what it is :3

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

2 hours ago, SpYITB said:

Then you are really just using semantics at this point. Infinity is just a meaningless word, it might well be "dkhdjhfj"

When you finally become conscious of Infinity, you will scream out, "OH MY FUCKING GOD! OF COURSE IT'S INFINITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I understand your point, I know infinity is not a number, numbers don't exist in reality, they are entirely conceptual, and you use it as a word to convey a sense of magnitude of the state of consciousness that you have experienced.

You don't understand my point.

My question is, does the "sensation" of magnitude that Graham's number convey dwarf what you have experienced on your trips, or vice versa?

Infinity dwarfs anything you can possibly think or imagine.

It's Infinite! ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

what the word infinity points to, has nothing to do with the semantic meaning of infinity. 

Why are you coming on here claiming things which you have no experience of? When u experience it you will know. Until then keep grinding, your numbers won't help you at all at grasping this.

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

53 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

what the word infinity points to, has nothing to do with the semantic meaning of infinity. 

A wise man once told me that to awaken is like becoming lucid in a dream, except the degree of shock and wonder is infinitely greater.

I  cry like a little bitch whenever a lucid dream is a bit too intense.

God is love

And God in them

@SpYITB Other people here have said what needs to be said, but i'll chip in just because God Infinity realised itself here around 4 months ago. So 'I can talk from experience'.

First of all, ACTUAL Infinity has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with mathematics or numbers. Just throw this idea out. Numbers are a tiny tiny tiny facet of Infinity but will ultimately dissolve into Infinity at the highest states of consciousness. All symbols, numbers, languages, equations, models etc ALL collapse totally into Infinity and are seen to be completely meaningless. No mathematics or science will ever ever ever get you to Infinity - literally impossible.

Regarding the question about whether I understand what infinity is - 100% YES!! A total realisation of ACTUAL Infinity, or Infinity ITSELF, is radically unmistakable. It's the most intense radical state of consciousness possible. Utterly beyond anything imaginable. You do not end the trip thinking "Hmm I wonder if that was Infinity, maybe a little bit Infinite". No! It's ACTUAL Infinity realising itself! There's absolutely not a shred of self or ego who 'experiences Infinity'. Infinity cannot be experienced in any way possible. It is not an experience, sensation, feeling, thought, intuition, perception, insight, or anything BUT ITSELF. There is a total collapse of ALL dualities, leaving nothing but Infinity Being itself.

Infinity is also = Eternity. So when Infinity realises itself, or when Infinity realises itself as YOU, you also realise you are Eternal and have been forever and will be forever. Honestly the realisation of Actual Eternity was equally if not more shocking than the Infinite 'aspect'.

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

8 minutes ago, Shin said:

A wise man once told me that to awaken is like becoming lucid in a dream, except the degree of shock and wonder is infinitely greater.

I  cry like a little bitch whenever a lucid dream is a bit too intense.

Dream once told me that Enlightenment where you become lucid is not end. 

Edited by TruthHurts

Ok fine, I accept what you guys are saying. Important question though, does God experience infinite loneliness, or is loneliness just a human construct? 

5 minutes ago, TruthHurts said:

Dream once told me that Enlightenment where you become lucid is not end. 

Didn't say the contrary, how could I know anyway ? xD

It was just to emphasize the fact that you can't use your mind to get what enlightenment is, as you can with many other things usually.

Either you're woke and understand, or not, and that's it ;)

God is love

And God in them

This is what you realize. It’s existentially. Always was there, always will be. Infinite cycle. No time. 

FC9A99BC-C4E6-4DAE-B0B8-6C95578AA8B1.png

@SpYITB well on my trips and so forth i felt loneliness but it might as well just been my ego backlashing and getting scared from it 

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

@Sam, so your saying our consciousness will experience a finite number of lives an infinite number of times, as opposed to an infinite number of lives once? or what?