Gladius

Trump is smarter than you think

57 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, Jodistrict said:

Trump’s key to success was being able to convince bankers to loan him money.  He had to master the art of appearing successful and talking like a winner (as would be perceived by a banker).  That is why he brags about being the king of debt.   He used the same persona to win the election, i.e. “I’m a rich billionaire who has everything and now wants to serve you the people with no ulterior motive”.  Trump’s talent was being able to project an illusion of success.  Of course, as recently revealed in past tax returns, Trump may actually be broke.  

What I find interesting is that the Democrats project their hatred onto Trump but they never ask themselves where they fell down in order to be defeated by someone they have no respect for.  After all, they had the demographic advantage and should have easily won the election.  Trump was able to perceive a discontent that they totally missed and take advantage of it.  Their lack of ability to introspect is as noteworthy as Trump’s ability to deceive.  The more they blame it on Trump, the less likely they will learn from their mistakes and correct their behavior.     

Hillary

Rodham

Clinton

The debates and election would’ve been easy if Bernie got the nomination, but the nomination was the big hurdle for him.

Also, if Trump sold off all his assets and paid off all his debts, he might still have over a billion. But he’d have no leverage.

I was thinking about it just today. There are “good” qualities or strengths to him, he is President for a reason.

Trump is a really intuitive communicator and highly motivated. Trump is really good at tapping into people’s fears and desires. He can communicate better than many democratic politicians, who may be saying the right things but aren’t able to reach the audience in the way Trump can. He’s highly motivated for his age. Most 70+ years olds stay home and relax. His motivation is perhaps his biggest strength, say whatever you want, the man doesn’t give up. He has many qualities which would have made him popular in his youth. 

Hitler: good communicator, highly motivated, really good at tapping into people's fears and desires. The man doesn't give up.

What could go wrong?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

13 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Hitler: good communicator, highly motivated, really good at tapping into people's fears and desires. The man doesn't give up.

What could go wrong?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Haha

It’s a strength nonetheless. Hitler was probably more strategic as well.

Trump motivates me man. I want some of his abilities to use them for good :P. If he can do it so can I. Lol

5 minutes ago, Akemrelax said:

Trump motivates me man.

You make me wanna vomit a bit in my mouth. But hey, do you, pal.

@Leo Gura with all the money Trump over the years he can't be stupid. 

Low conscious, selfish and immoral, yes. 

Stupid? I don't think so.

1 hour ago, herghly said:

@Leo Gura with all the money Trump over the years he can't be stupid. 

Low conscious, selfish and immoral, yes. 

Stupid? I don't think so.

If he was truly smart, all of his businesses would not have failed.

He started out with more money than he now has. Trump started out with an inheritance of $400 million! Adjusted for inflation, that's more than he's currently worth.

@Gladius Trump uses conversational hypnotic language patterns found in nlp that allows him to create emotional triggers in his audience and influence them. He is like watching a tv commercial. you you have a taste for McDonald and you play a McDonalds cheeseburger commercial it can be easy to be influenced by its marketing strategy and before you know it your eating something that is destroying your body. 

7 hours ago, Jodistrict said:

Trump’s key to success was being able to convince bankers to loan him money.  He had to master the art of appearing successful and talking like a winner (as would be perceived by a banker).  That is why he brags about being the king of debt.   He used the same persona to win the election, i.e. “I’m a rich billionaire who has everything and now wants to serve you the people with no ulterior motive”.  Trump’s talent was being able to project an illusion of success.  Of course, as recently revealed in past tax returns, Trump may actually be broke.  

What I find interesting is that the Democrats project their hatred onto Trump but they never ask themselves where they fell down in order to be defeated by someone they have no respect for.  After all, they had the demographic advantage and should have easily won the election.  Trump was able to perceive a discontent that they totally missed and take advantage of it.  Their lack of ability to introspect is as noteworthy as Trump’s ability to deceive.  The more they blame it on Trump, the less likely they will learn from their mistakes and correct their behavior.     

@Jodistrict Thanks, that's a great reply. It's actually the point I wanted to make and could not express. It's all about taking responsibility, right @Leo Gura ?

7 hours ago, Jodistrict said:

What I find interesting is that the Democrats project their hatred onto Trump but they never ask themselves where they fell down in order to be defeated by someone they have no respect for.  After all, they had the demographic advantage and should have easily won the election.  Trump was able to perceive a discontent that they totally missed and take advantage of it.

Democrats self-reflect far more than Republicans.

The only reason Democrats lose is because they have a huge demographic disadvantage with the electoral college and senate system.

Trump exploited peoples' fears and ignorance. Plain and simple. The peoples' true discontent is with the late-stage capitalism system, but they don't understand that, so they are easily exploited by right-wing demagogues.

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The only reason Democrats lose is because they have a huge demographic disadvantage with the electoral college and senate system.

There are legitimate criticisms of Democrat culture. Though the system is rigged (as Trump ironically pointed out), the biggest single reason for losses is the lack of unity amongst the majority.

The gun lobby, the 'anti-choice' Evangelicals, the Incel types as well as groups with legitimate grievances like neglected, jobless rural communities all work together like a well-organised militia. In a word, they are UNITED.

Contrast this with the identity politics nonsense of the left where, for example, a huge deal is made of the gender, sexual orientation and skin tone of the candidate rather than actual policies. This is one of many examples of the overly emotional shitshow of bitching and in-fighting of the Democrats that allows Republicans to simply walk up and take victory.

Trump has one skill that I have to give him credit for. He knows how to talk. 

He creates emotional triggers in the people, by the way he speaks. This is just a type of manipulation he has learned over the years. This does not require any smartness. This is a very common feature that comes directly from narcissism. 

Trump is the king of narcissism. And narcissists know how to bank on your emotions. They are flamboyant, they come across as caring and charming and put a spell on you. 

I have dated a narcissist. Same like Trump, although not as worse. He used to flex his muscles, that type. He would make me feel wanted. Trump makes  people feel wanted. Most people want to feel wanted. Trump gives them that. He gives them a sense of validation, like a Messiah ready to be there for them. This is the same technique that Famous Cult leaders have used. They have made people feel wanted and belonged. 

It's basically preying on people's emotional needs. When someone makes you feel wanted, you can't reject that person. This is a classic manipulation technique that works excellent for players in dating. The Art of the Deal is give a fraction of what is needed and hold back everything else. Just throw a piece of the pie but not the whole pie. 

Trump whets people's needs by flamboyant statements like "I'll build a wall",  "I will bring those jobs" and "we'll have the best medical care" 

Notices how he switches from "I" to "we" within his speeches. This is a maneuver. He quickly makes people feel close to him as if they already belong to him. This creates a sense of unity from "I" to "we".. But he only says this, yet he fails to offer it. Because he has thrown an illusory piece of the pie into the crowds, yet he hasn't really offered anything substantial. A trick of the narcissistic pony. It's almost like signing on a blank page, meanwhile you assume that he is signing an important deal. 

He easily manipulates the crowd with his narcissistic flamboyance. Now most people who buy into this are dumb and not smart enough. Because smart people will ask for real change and not simply giant words and triggers. This want to see things, not just hear things. 

What Trump does is using the phenomenon of mass hysteria. This is commonly used in advertising and can be good and deadly at the same time. This technique involves creating a hype around a specific product or movie to such an extent that people believe it to be true. You think that it's a great great movie because everyone says so, without having watched the movie. This creates mass hysteria. People go to theaters in large numbers, only to be totally disappointed because the movie was nothing like the hype. This easily turns into a huge debacle, no worries for the movie maker because he got his money and profits. 

A narcissistic lover love bombs you constantly. Trump love bombs people on an insane level to win them over. He creates a huge fake hype about his presidency and people believe it. But when he actually becomes President, he delivers nothing. No wall. 

Notice the hand movements. He always spreads them apart. This is an important hand gesture. 

4hi1nk.jpg

This hand gesture signals abundance. It means something huge, big or successful. This is NLP. An automatic way of programming the mind of the listener to feel like something big is on the way. Creating a feeling of abundance. Like everything is going to be really great and abundant. 

Now notice Trump's speech points. He keeps repeating the same thing a lot of times. This is a subliminal technique of inserting his memo into the minds of the people. This forces people to pay attention and it stays in their minds. People hear it so often that they begin to believe it 

When you have very gullible voters, such techniques are very useful in manipulating and creating massive illusions in the minds of the people. 

It's a narcissistic fraud. Creating a terrific impression. But the actions are hollow. 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Obama won the electoral college twice, so in itself it is not a big barrier.   I saw an interview with Chomsky where he thought the problem was the democratic party’s focus on identity politics which alienated large groups of people, and that the democrats should refocus on the class system and the gross inequality of wealth.

Vincit omnia Veritas.

45 minutes ago, Jodistrict said:

Obama won the electoral college twice, so in itself it is not a big barrier. 

Obama is the most politically skilled democratic politician in the modern era.

Arnold Schwarzenegger could easily bench press 300 pounds. That doesn't mean it's not a barrier.

And should we accept any barrier at all? Democrats need to win the popular vote by over 2% to have a decent chance at winning. Why should Republicans start off with a 2 pt lead. If a baseball team started off with a 2 run lead, would we say "Oh, that's not a big barrier" or would we say "Why does one team start off with a 2 run lead? That doesn't seem fair".

1 hour ago, Forestluv said:

Obama is the most politically skilled democratic politician in the modern era.

Arnold Schwarzenegger could easily bench press 300 pounds. That doesn't mean it's not a barrier.

And should we accept any barrier at all? Democrats need to win the popular vote by over 2% to have a decent chance at winning. Why should Republicans start off with a 2 pt lead. If a baseball team started off with a 2 run lead, would we say "Oh, that's not a big barrier" or would we say "Why does one team start off with a 2 run lead? That doesn't seem fair".

The electoral college is a consensus system where the entire country, including urban and rural, comes to a consensus on one candidate.  The rural areas are given a voice.  There is nothing sacred about the popular vote.  And in a month, Biden looks like he will win the electoral college, although I am not predicting anything.  

Vincit omnia Veritas.

2 hours ago, Jodistrict said:

The electoral college is a consensus system where the entire country, including urban and rural, comes to a consensus on one candidate. 

A consensus is a shared perspective of a majority. For example, the scientific consensus is that humans are accelerating Climate Change. This is a 'consensus' scientific view because the majority of scientists hold this view. 

The electoral college is not necessarily a consensus. For example, in 2016 Trump was not the consensus choice for Americans since he won a minority of the American votes.

The term 'consensus' can also be used as a 'general' agreement. Yet even with this looser definition, Trump would still fall short of consensus since he won a minority of votes and Clinton won a plurality of votes.

The electoral college is not structured for consensus. The winner of the electoral college can be either a consensus winner or a non-consensus winner. 

2 hours ago, Jodistrict said:

There is nothing sacred about the popular vote.  

It depends on context. In the context of democracy, the popular vote is sacred. In the context of non-democracy the popular vote is not sacred. 

4 hours ago, Jodistrict said:

The rural areas are given a voice.

No one is talking about taking away their voice.

But they should not have a disproportionate voice as they do now.

It is absurd that somehow rural areas are special and need more of a voice. Every person gets one vote. Just because your village is in the middle of nowhere does not entitle you to more voice. Your village matters less than NYC because it has 1000 times fewer people. It's not villages who vote, but people.

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

No one is talking about taking away their voice.

Be they should not have a disproportinate voice as they do now.

It is absurd that somehow rural areas are special and need more of a voice. Every person gets one vote. Just because your village is in the middle of nowhere does not entitle you to more voice. Your village matters less than NYC because it has 1000 times fewer people. It's not villages who vote, but people.

Btw, why does Trump's approval rating keep ticking up, even though every day more and more are despising him for his terrible mismanagement of COVID, the economy, racism, etc.?