Someone here

Is there a world out there? - Resolved.

85 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Ofcourse these are words. To write anything it gotta be concepts. Duh lol. But you gotta stop looking at the finger and raise your head up to the moon. All I can do is point. 

Ofcourse I'm still suffering generally speaking. If I'm experiencing a tooth ache I will be in pain. Awakening doesn't turn you into a super human. It just makes you see everything as it is.

I was just suggesting that instead of worrying about whether or not the world is real, you might experience less suffering by walking the path that leads to less suffering.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

1 hour ago, justfortoday said:

@Someone here If you'll indulge me for a second...

Is there depth to the visual field? In other words, when I "look" at a scene, is there just nothingness behind the colors and perceptions I am seeing? Or is three-dimensionality actually real?

If I look at a tree, is there something behind the tree? Or am I just looking at a flat rendering/projection emanating from myself?

That is the part that gives me pause. 

Everything is exactly as it is.   If reality was a flat picture appearing as a three dimensional space..how could you walk through it?  Can you walk through an appearance of a three dimensional movie world on a flat TV screen?.??. 

I'm not sure why is this so important to you btw lol 

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

8 minutes ago, Moksha said:

I was just suggesting that instead of worrying about whether or not the world is real, you might experience less suffering by walking the path that leads to less suffering.

The path that leads to less suffering is the path that leads to truth. :)

-Osho

4 hours ago, Moksha said:

I think that the point isn't if the world is real or not, it's the same, only a concept. The point is that for the mind , have the idea that the world isn't real, that is like a dream where you are the dreamer and same time the object of the dream , is the way to relax the ego and blur the limits between you and the other things

Yeah when this is truly seen it can be that terrifying holy crap moment...?

There's nothing to grasp ahold of when meaning purpose and value concepts shatter...?

Of course it's always been the case so nothing really happend...?

The real/unreal empty/full unconditional freedom for no one ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

15 hours ago, Someone here said:

The path that leads to less suffering is the path that leads to truth. :)

Yes, at least the only truth that can be known and the only truth with the power to transform the quality of our existence :) 

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

10 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

I think that the point isn't if the world is real or not, it's the same, only a concept. The point is that for the mind , have the idea that the world isn't real, that is like a dream where you are the dreamer and same time the object of the dream , is the way to relax the ego and blur the limits between you and the other things

Even the idea that the world isn't real is still a concept. Dreams and dreamers are concepts. These are pointers, but they aren't the realization itself. Awareness is ultimately a leap of faith. It is letting go of the conditioned mind, even letting go of the pointers, and directly experiencing Source in the Present moment. That primal experience is the beginning of healing, love, and Self-realization.

25 minutes ago, Moksha said:

Even the idea that the world isn't real is still a concept. Dreams and dreamers are concepts. These are pointers, but they aren't the realization itself. Awareness is ultimately a leap of faith. It is letting go of the conditioned mind, even letting go of the pointers, and directly experiencing Source in the Present moment. That primal experience is the beginning of healing, love, and Self-realization.

Exactly, those concepts are useful to relax the mind, to get it open and make the realization possible. The concept by itself is nothing, the realization is go further nof the mind, is let it go and surrender.  is an act of the heart not of the mind, but those concepts , if the mind accept them , could make it possible

13 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Exactly, those concepts are useful to relax the mind, to get it open and make the realization possible. The concept by itself is nothing, the realization is go further nof the mind, is let it go and surrender.  is an act of the heart not of the mind, but those concepts , if the mind accept them , could make it possible

I agree 100% :)

This is why Truth can never be described as much as we all want to.  It can never be described.  This forum will always fall.short and should never be mistaken for being able to give you Truth.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

6 hours ago, Mu_ said:

oh my god, I never thought I'd hear you say these words, lol.  Did my multiple paragraphs or others finally open something up in which you see the difference now?

LOL the difference is sooo subtle tho. 

Solipsism means you are alone. 

Nonduality means YOU are all-one. :P

-Osho

4 minutes ago, Someone here said:

LOL the difference is sooo subtle tho. 

Solipsism means you are alone. 

Nonduality means YOU are all-one. :P

You can get even deeper than that.  There is no difference between anything.  The ego and God are One.  When you hit that the mind will go insane because it cannot grasp Truth which is Being.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

5 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

There is no difference between anything.  

Yes there is no difference between anything.

So why you think there is a difference between you being alone and together? ;)

-Osho

Just now, Someone here said:

Yes there is no difference between anything.

So why you think there is a difference between you being alone and together? ;)

Well when God wakes up separation is shattered.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

12 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Well when God wakes up separation is shattered.

Exactly.

Which means  you still have to shatter the separation between separation and unity. Between awakening and delusion. Between being alone and together. :)

-Osho

30 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Exactly.

Which means  you still have to shatter the separation between separation and unity. Between awakening and delusion. Between being alone and together. :)

Alone is still an accurate description of the realization of Oneness because God can feel.  That is the part that can't be described.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Inliytened1 bottom line... I'm not alone as an individual.  Because I don't exist as an individual. I exist as everything and everyone.. And am alone as that. 

-Osho

3 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@Inliytened1 bottom line... I'm not alone as an individual.  Because I don't exist as an individual. I exist as everything and everyone.. And am alone as that. 

Bingo.  It comes full circle.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Yeah yeah, but that still does not explain how the world works when you're not perceiving it.

You may say that there's no world when you're not perceiving it, but you'd have no evidence for that claim. Just because you can't perceive something doesn't mean it doesn't actually exist. It only means that you are simply not perceiving it.

This "only the present moment" paradigm is faulty and cannot hold water. All these nice theories and explanations fly out of the window when you are out there in the world doing things, or for example, when you run your PC or phone to post something here. These theories only make sense when you're alone mentally masturbating.

Of course when I say you, I actually mean me. So don't get offended if my style sounds a little bit harsh or very direct. I'm just expressing my self.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey