Lindsay

Time Travel is now plausible

15 posts in this topic

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sciencealert.com/a-physicist-has-come-up-with-the-maths-to-make-time-travel-plausible/amp

I’m not sure what forum to post this to. My mind was just blown to bits. I’m currently reading Homo Dues by yuval hariri so my mind was already in the cloud of science fiction becoming reality. The universe is getting wildly frightening to me. The possibilities are truly endless. But according to Hariri, humans don’t have true free will. He thinks our brains compute biochemical algorithms. Evolving complexity.

makes me think Consciousness is fluid and everywhere. Consciousness is like the spirit that possesses or passes through the evolving complexity of our human bodies. Memories, stories, narratives, identity Are stored in the structure of the brain and consciousness flows through and experiences/perceives the data (thoughts, emotions, feelings) And flows out to other objects. Think of where you go when under anesthesia. You’re just gone. No dream. No sense of time. Just out and then awake hours later. Maybe the anesthesia just blocks information to be stored. Consciousness might pass through and feel everything but nothing is recorded in the brain. And consciousness doesn’t inhabit the body for a life time. It flows in and out of everything. The consciousness that flowed through you just now probably already passed through the chair ur sitting in. 

I can’t explain my understanding. I’m not doing this justice. 

What happens if i go back in time and kill my grandfather?

?

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Rilles you follow along a new timeline where your grandfather is dead, whereas you are a just time traveller. Your grandfather was not murdered in your original line

?‍♂️

Edited by seeking_brilliance

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

No matter what happens, you're always Now. What is happening Now is all an illusion. So doesn't matter what is being imagined Now, is all just images. So if you (God) imagine time travel, you'll still be imaging it Now. If you time traveled to the Past, you'd still be Now. 

Just now, Jed Vassallo said:

No matter what happens, you're always Now. What is happening Now is all an illusion. So doesn't matter what is being imagined Now, is all just images. So if you (God) imagine time travel, you'll still be imaging it Now. If you time traveled to the Past, you'd still be Now. 

Apply this kind of thinking when someone will torture you, or you will die of some nasty disease. Good luck!

Just now, Member said:

Apply this kind of thinking when someone will torture you, or you will die of some nasty disease. Good luck!

If one truly understands that there is no death, only transcendence. A few moments of suffering don't matter in the face of bliss for eternity. Suffering is part of the experience of the game, essentially so. 

16 minutes ago, Jed Vassallo said:

If one truly understands that there is no death, only transcendence. A few moments of suffering don't matter in the face of bliss for eternity. Suffering is part of the experience of the game, essentially so. 

Maybe you will reincarnate into a frog hit by a car for eternity to learn your lesson = avoid the car, be a smart frog.

Edited by Member

1 minute ago, Member said:

Maybe you will reincarnate into a frog for eternity to learn your lessons.

Doesn't make any sense. 

2 minutes ago, Member said:

If you think that you're here by accident, then you won't transcend anything. You will stay an ugly frog hit by a car for eternity.

Bliss... yeah sure.

Ok buddy, whatever.

Imagine that one day, they do travel back in time, but they find out that everything they knew was wrong :)

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

I’m going to start imaging teleportation too, I’d much rather have that than time travel IMO haha