Lyubov

The New York Times has officially obtained Trump’s taxes

42 posts in this topic

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/09/27/us/donald-trump-taxes.html?action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage

Pretty big breaking news before the election....

LONG-CONCEALED RECORDS SHOW TRUMP’S CHRONIC LOSSES AND YEARS OF TAX AVOIDANCE

Records Obtained by The Times After Years of Secrecy

The Times has obtained tax-return data for President Trump extending over more than two decades. It tells a story fundamentally different from the one he’s sold to the public.

Mr. Trump’s finances are under stress, beset by hundreds of millions in debt coming due and an I.R.S. audit that could cost him over $100 million.

He paid $750 in federal income taxes in 2016, and nothing at all in 10 of the prior 15 years — largely because he lost so much money.

Donald J. Trump paid $750 in federal income taxes the year he won the presidency. In his first year in the White House, he paid another $750.

Not even remotely surprising....

his base literally thinks he's some brilliant business man because of a reality tv show. he inherited a trust fund and is basically a professional con man.

Edited by Lyubov

Of course. Which is why he's in Putin's pocket.

I expect him to be basically be broke.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Of course. Which is why he's in Putin's pocket.

I expect him to be basically be broke.

Explains why he was oddly doing business in Russia. They (and basically everyone with half a brain) know he is broke and offered him that tower deal in Moscow as leverage for favorable treatment. Basically he's taking a bribe to not go after authoritarian leadership in eastern europe. 

Edited by Lyubov

2 minutes ago, Lyubov said:

Explains why he was oddly doing business in Russia. They (and basically everyone with half a brain) know he is broke and offered him that tower deal in Moscow as leverage for favorable treatment.

Not to mention Russian money laundering through his shitty hotels. 

Hopefully this news gets spread extensively by the media and it hurts him bigly in the poles. 

Nothing is gonna hurt him in the polls. Peoples' minds are made up.

How many people must have suffered under such a con artist.

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

48 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Nothing is gonna hurt him in the polls. Peoples' minds are made up.

I think this could affect him a bit with moderates and centrist voters. Even though I think they are few and far between at this point. His base won't care. It could help Biden in the debates and give him a bit of a bump.

also...

xD

Edited by Lyubov

I wish Biden many many bumps till the election night. 

Young Turks did a really good analysis of the whole thing. Trump makes much more sense now. This was a big part of the whole story, so this is kinda a big deal. 

What's wrong with being -50 milions$ in losses when the guy has 2 billions in networth and constantly reinvests in his ventures? He doesn't need to make a short term income (And too much long term income for that matter too)

It looks like newyork times are strawman'ing here

P.S. I don't support Trump, I just notice people demonize him too much and turn every bit information they know about him as negative

Edited by Hello from Russia

22 minutes ago, Hello from Russia said:

What's wrong with being -50 milions$ in losses when the guy has 2 billions in networth and constantly reinvests in his ventures? He doesn't need to make a short term income (And too much long term income for that matter too)

It looks like newyork times are strawman'ing here

P.S. I don't support Trump, I just notice people demonize him too much and turn every bit information they know about him as negative

He lied to make it seem like he is a billionaire. If I remember correctly he said that his father's property is his. 

Here he lost a lawsuit where he couldn't prove he is worth more than 250 mil. 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/donald-trump-loses-libel-lawsuit-232923

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

16 minutes ago, Opo said:

He lied to make it seem like he is a billionaire. If I remember correctly he said that his father's property is his. 

Here he lost a lawsuit where he couldn't prove he is worth more than 250 mil. 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/donald-trump-loses-libel-lawsuit-232923

It isn't a lawsuit protocol, it is some anti-trump propaganda news that doesn't say very much and seems very biased

P.S. I'll say again, I'm not a trump supporter, but I feel you guys assume too much negative stuff that fits your mental webs. These news are specifically tailored in such a way to make you feel emotional, but it doesn't mean they are necessarily true

Edited by Hello from Russia

25 minutes ago, Hello from Russia said:

It isn't a lawsuit protocol

How so? 

25 minutes ago, Hello from Russia said:

it is some anti-trump propaganda news that doesn't say very much and seems very biased

What would you want them to say? 

Is this better? 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/that-time-trump-sued-over-the-size-of-hiswallet/2016/03/08/785dee3e-e4c2-11e5-b0fd-073d5930a7b7_story.html

Edited by Opo

59 minutes ago, Enlightenment said:

No surprises there. Of course Trump denies anything that makes him look bad.

4 hours ago, Hello from Russia said:

when the guy has 2 billions in networth

He doesn't have any such thing. He's broke and badly in debt. I probably have a higher net worth than he does.

Stop perpetuating his con for him.

This is how Trump makes money