roopepa

Weird "brain zaps" while meditating/self-inquiring

15 posts in this topic

I often get electrical-shock-like jolts through my body, especially in head-area, while meditating/self-inquiring. 

These often happen while in deep inquiry and when I manage to "touch Being". It's really hard to explain. It feels like a connection to something deeper/metaphysical that lasts for under half a second. Does anyone else experience this? Is this normal? Any idea what it might be?

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

@roopepa are you doing meditation for a very long time? On an average, how long is it per session? 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

I’m suspicious of electricians who can’t explain electricity. Not sure they’re really ‘all there’. 

I feel like I have no idea what you're saying but at the same time I do.

On 9/24/2020 at 10:00 AM, roopepa said:

I often get electrical-shock-like jolts through my body, especially in head-area, while meditating/self-inquiring. 

These often happen while in deep inquiry and when I manage to "touch Being". It's really hard to explain. It feels like a connection to something deeper/metaphysical that lasts for under half a second. Does anyone else experience this? Is this normal? Any idea what it might be?

Yes.  I have actuallly had brain zaps spontaneously off and on throughout my life.   Kinda just dismissed them as a chemical imbalance because i have suffered from OCD in the past.   And when i exerienced awakening after meditation i felt them multiplied by 1000 but throughout my entire body.  I call it Being actually - as you also referred to it.

Brain zaps by themselves are like a strange tingling in the brain but when it was total awakening it was like a tingling, dissolving feeling across my whole body.   So its funny that you mentioned Being too.  Because that's what it is.  It's pure Being.  Cannot really be put into words when it becomes total.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

when I spend some time doing self-inquiry or learning about self-deceptions and noticing them in me, I get sleepy. So I go take a nap and then when I wake up I lose the desire of questioning further

@Inliytened1 wait, I get these electrical vibrations as well throughout my body every single time I meditate or do breathe work (which both are daily).. am I experiencing awakening/being? 

5 hours ago, Meditationdude said:

@Inliytened1 wait, I get these electrical vibrations as well throughout my body every single time I meditate or do breathe work (which both are daily).. am I experiencing awakening/being? 

Most likely It is getting in touch with Being.  Pure Being is what remains when consciousness becomes directly conscious of itself - Self/other collapses and you and the present moment are one.  Its God.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

If it is leaving lasting/permanent perceptual change it is a Cessation otherwise it is some form of Arising & Passing (research the terms on some Vipassana-oriented site).

On 9/24/2020 at 11:00 AM, roopepa said:

Ya I've felt similar stuff under similar conditions.  Its normal in my book, but if its not normal in yours, I'd imagined it would bring concern.  Nothing to worry about if you ask me.

@Mu_ I'm not very concerned. It actually feels pretty natural. I even enjoy it. Just curious what it might be.

@Mu_ By the way, I just checked out your youtube channel. Great stuff! Very mind-opening.

Have you been using MDMA lately? Because that drug's comedown effects can involve brain zaps. I've experienced them.
Also, are you sure that you're not just loosing consciousness / falling asleep and then just snapping back? That can also make you feel like a zap.