Name

Unpopular Opinion: Reproduction is not an ilusion

54 posts in this topic

45 minutes ago, RedLine said:

You are communicating through language so you are aa wrong as that materialistic guy is.

Some concepts point to Absolute Truth better than others.

1 minute ago, Loving Radiance said:

@Carl-Richard I'd like to see that meme :))

I made this one some time ago but it's not a good one (not very instructive :P):

joke.jpg

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

6 minutes ago, Fran11 said:

Some concepts point to Absolute Truth better than others.

I agree.

Edited by RedLine

6 minutes ago, Chris365 said:

So you do assume there is a 'common' 'objective' reality.

no, I assume that there is common subjectivity.

can we drop the objective word?

it doesn't exist, there is nothing objective.

everything is subjective in a sense.

objective is used like unbiased.

But basically every POV is subjective.

7.8 billions of people vouching that the Eifel Tower is real isn't enough?
How is that if I don't see it then it's not real although everybody says that it's there.

23 minutes ago, Name said:

How is that if I don't see it then it's not real although everybody says that it's there.

Haha its just Being/God until God imagines it is something.  And yeah you are Consciousness and Consciousness is God.  So you are God. 

As am I.  :)

I am You.  You are me.  All differences are imaginary.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 hour ago, Name said:

You're basing your reality on a sample of primate sensory apparatuses that were limited by evolution to perceive fitness payoffs. Your whole experience of the world is shaped by the game of survival and reproduction. You didn't evolve to see the world "just as it is", but you evolved to see the world in a way that is beneficial for your survival.

Donald Hoffman's Multimodal user interface (MUI) theory states that "perceptual experiences do not match or approximate properties of the objective world, but instead provide a simplified, species-specific, user interface to that world."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_D._Hoffman

You're actually not able to perceive things that are not either beneficial or relevant for your survival. You're not perceiving a world; you're perceiving an user interface. If an alien came to earth, it's not a given that he would even be able to see the Eifel Tower.

Even so, distinctions made within that user interface are still relative and fictional. "Eifel Tower" is a culturally constructed concept. "You" and "me" is a concept. You need to be able to differentiate between conceptual constructs and raw experience. The moment you start making distinctions, you're now constructing concepts that only put labels on your experience. Raw experience is raw experience.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

8 hours ago, Name said:

I don't get it.

I told you, ego will never get it.

This conversation is useless.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Name You are the only being the existence. What you see right now is all that exists.

This is still something that you are imagining. The present moment doesn't tell you " this is all that there is" or "this is not all there is". Just as the concept of external objective reality is a fiction.. This solipsism is also a fiction. For the same reason.. Because you are constructing them both in your mind. 

If i close my eyes now.. Whether I assume the world disappears or doesn't disappear.. Both are my imagination.. If I imagine you are real..you are real.. If I imagine you aren't real.. You aren't.

Since it's all my imagination. Whatever I imagine it to be is partially right and ultimately false. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

9 minutes ago, Someone here said:

The present moment doesn't tell you " this is all that there is"

Actually it does. If you are conscious enough.

Here it is. Right before you.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura 

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Actually it does. If you are conscious enough.

Here it is. Right before you.

That would be me telling myself.. See since it's however the fuck I imagine it to be.. If you imagine it to be that way yeah it Is that way.. For you .  So what you are saying is true if you think it's true. "if" you are conscious enough.. What if I'm not conscious enough?... See It's conditional.. Relative to your state of consciousness. It's not true in the absolute. Just like what I'm saying here is also not true in the absolute. 

It's a duality Leo.  This right here right now is the only thing that exists VS there is is stuff beyond that coexisting.=duality.   If you take one side and argue against the other side.. You are still in duality.. You still think there is a difference between idealism and objectivism.. Between you existing alone and we both coexisting.. Between oneness and twoness.. There isn't.  

That's how I see it maybe it will be insightful to you.   Idk Maybe you understand it already this way but the way you put it sounds limiting to me. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Reproduction is relative and the way you view it depends on your POV. From the universal perspective leo is right, because you are not operating from a position of self. the way you view reality radically changes when you truly embody universal consciousness. 

Edited by DreamScape

Genesis 27:27-29

@NameYour sense of reality is deeply connected with your sense of self that you must maintain to stay alive. 

This conversation thus is useless unless you turn inward and become pure of your own ego. 

This dilemma cannot be solved from the level of consciousness you are currently at.

This is not an argument or anything up for discussion. The only question is when will you turn inward. 

18 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

That's your ego's idea of it, sure.

I have been lifting your arms your whole life.

I have been controlling your body since you were born.

I am looking through your eyes right now, silly.

- - - - - -

None of the above can make sense to you because you believe I am not you.

I am you typing this thread.

You won't get it without a profound, radical awakening.

Hahahaha! Now I know why zen masters laugh so hysterically!

Another unpopular opinion:

"Reproduction is the illusion if you have anal sex.

?