Someone here

Going insane!

128 posts in this topic

@Red-White-Light the point is it's all happening by itself. No one is doing anything. So stuff like "you" "need" "should" "because" are completely nonexistent. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

We're all mad here. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

11 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

We're all mad here. 

I know. 

7 minutes ago, Red-White-Light said:

@Someone here You’re God, you are the you.

It's not a "thing" tho. 

5 minutes ago, allislove said:

@Someone here okay, welcome to "Nothingness" honeymoon bro xD

Welcome baby lol 

-Osho

3 minutes ago, ajasatya said:

@Someone here Nobody is talking, but talking is happening regardless.

Yeah that's insane dude.  It's just a voice in the background with no one behind it.

-Osho

3 minutes ago, Red-White-Light said:

@Someone here You need to be able to juggle paradoxes.

Again "you" and "need"..no such things.  Look closely there is no "you".  There is no "need". Nothing "needs" to happen. What happens happens and that's that.  You never find something out there that "needs to happen". You only find something happening. 

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

1 minute ago, Loving Radiance said:

@Someone here  You aren't the awareness?

There aren't any me . 

-Osho

@Someone here Well, happy and sorry at the same time, I hope you will integrate soon, read this, maybe it will help, good luck :)

"Enlightenment is being aware, yes, but enlightenment is also much deeper than being aware.

Basically, "being aware" means finding consciousness, awareness, which also has been called "awareness which is aware of itself". When this awareness is found, it marks a permanent break of the identification with ego and the beginning of identification with this awareness itself. It feels like this awareness is "the real you". Some people feel like they don’t have any sense of identification at all at this point, which is somewhat premature. That's basically self-realization, but it is not yet enlightenment.

When this awareness is present effortlessly throughout all daily activities, that's what Adya calls the state of "abiding awareness" and what Ramana dubbed Sahaja Samadhi (effortless Samadhi).

But this awareness in itself is also a percept of the mind. It's the same as identifying with your Being, which is incomparably deeper than ego. At this point, there's still ego. The identification with it is broken, and it's broken for good, but it's not gone. But then the path to enlightenment begins.

This awareness, or the identification with it, to be exact, is what's needed for the rest of the ego to dissolve, that is, for the rest of suffering, restlessness, pain, tears and fears to arise and be accepted from this place, because this awareness doesn't differentiate, it accepts everything. Both Adya and Spira talk about it. Adya actually wrote a book about what happens after this awareness is found, it's called "The End of Your World". Spira speaks about it as "the light of consciousness" which illuminates the rest of conditioning.

When it becomes particularly deep, this awareness as the percept of the mind starts to dissolve. The identification moves to what's been described as "transcendental awareness", or awareness which isn't aware of itself. This is much deeper, one realizes his non-Being. By this point, most of the suffering is transcended and emotions almost don't arise. As Osho said, "once you find your Being, your Being starts to hurt you". Until you jump from Being into non-Being, that is. In the case of Ramana, it was described as his "second death". At that point, the ego truly surrenders. You have accepted death itself.

For what is being aware of awareness? Nothing. To realize you’re nothing is to accept death, from which comes the greatest freedom, the absolute freedom. Osho had a fun way of putting it, he once said: “In witnessing the witness, the ultimate ecstasy is created”. Awareness is the witness of the ego. When the ego is sufficiently small, you start to witness awareness itself, and only at that point you become truly nothing, dissolve into the void.

Later still, it is seen that Being and non-Being are one. That's The Absolute. Then even awareness which isn't aware of itself disappears from the mental landscape and you become completely ordinary again, just like you were before, no difference. Just serene and equanimous, but completely ordinary, not “enlightened”, not “aware”.

So, the process is basically realizing your Being, realizing your non-Being, and then realizing The Absolute. Or, in common language, you can say that first you think you're ego, then you realize you're Life itself, then you're realize you're also Death, and then you're realize that you're both and neither for life and death cannot exist without each other, and are just two sides of the same coin.

And thus, at the end of the process, awareness cannot be found. I know this sounds very weird, but I confirm it with my experience. Other people say the same thing. For example, Osho used to say that a completely enlightened person becomes completely unaware. He said, "if you wish, you can call it ignorance also". Ego is forgotten, awareness is forgotten, enlightenment is forgotten. One has relaxed totally. UG once said "the moment you're aware of your awareness, you're not aware". I think he was referring to the same thing. Finally, I think it was in the "Autobiography of a Jnani" where I read this gem: "A jnani cannot be said to be conscious. But neither he can be said to be unconscious". I know this sounds like a direct contradiction, but it’s not, really. It’s just framed this way deliberately, because only when you complete the journey, you will understand it.

The truth is, one doesn't need this spiritual language to describe what's going on. In reality, the moment you become "aware", you actually just become aware of your ego. That's all that is, really. You're always "aware" of your surroundings, that's unquestionable, otherwise you wouldn’t be able to function. But you're not aware of your mind. So when you find that awareness, that's the first time you become aware of your mind and the ego. And then the ego-mind starts to dissolve into it. And at the end of the process, this awareness cannot be found no longer, it served its purpose, simply because there's nothing more to be aware of. And the awareness of your surroundings (you see stuff and you know what you see) has always been there and it will always be there. So that's why a completely enlightened person cannot be said to be aware, and yet he is aware. He's just like he was before it all started, completely innocent in ignorance. Like small children are, like animals are - no baggage. A dreaming person is not aware of his mind and its deep unconscious patterns, one undergoing the transformation is aware of himself and is becoming more and more aware by uncovering and surrendering more of the mind’s conditioning, dissolving it into the light of awareness, whereas for an enlightened person, there’s nothing left to be aware of, his mind is empty, his ego is gone, and in this way, he is similar to an ignorant person and they are outwardly indistinguishable, and even he can no longer tell the difference between the two.

So, paradoxically, it starts with the present moment and it ends with the present moment. It’s just that at the beginning of the journey, the present moment includes self-referential thought, emotion and personality, and in the very end they are all absent, so there’s nothing but the deepest serenity and the pristine purity of the 5 senses. And all of the profound spiritual experiences (including oneness and no-doership), various awarenesses as percepts of the mind, various Samadhis and bodily sensations (kundalini) arise and fall on the way.

And that’s why focusing on the present moment and allowing all your internal experience is the most important thing in the whole journey. Be as you are. It will not necessarily unfold in such easily identifiable linear fashion, but the destination is still the same. Peace, contentment and equanimity."

Edited by Galyna

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

So interesting to read this thread, bc it is what I and @Nahm were trying to decompose today.

So, according to this article, are you @Nahm leading me into the realization of the "transcendental awareness"? 

Bc what is @Someone here experiences here is not shocking to me at all, I am constantly in an effortless Samadhi. 

@Nahm read this:

"When it becomes particularly deep, this awareness as the percept of the mind starts to dissolve. The identification moves to what's been described as "transcendental awareness", or awareness which isn't aware of itself. This is much deeper, one realizes his non-Being. By this point, most of the suffering is transcended and emotions almost don't arise."

It is exactly what you told me today and where we are heading.

Not in a million years, I thought we would go so far, this is freaking scary, especially this:

"For what is being aware of awareness? Nothing. To realize you’re nothing is to accept death, from which comes the greatest freedom, absolute freedom. "

You are talking absolute to me, this is way too advanced sometimes, but there is no way back, I will get it no matter what.

@Someone here Book a session with Nahm and do not change the channel, it is not the end, more surprises and gifts along the way, believe me, after our session today my mind hurts. 

Edited by Galyna

@Galyna no worries you don't exist in the way you think you are.. So there is no one there for me to be upset from.  The one who did that weird situation with me a month or so ago is not the one who is talking right now.. Will not be the one talking five minutes later. 

-Osho

@Someone here Congrats, that is how I live a long time ago, basically, you can not plan anything as you truly do not know, be open to uncertainty. 

Very happy to hear your story, way to go! But there is more to it.

Here is what comes next: there is only one thing which is Awareness and it is not aware of itself and on top of that is truly Nothing, so drop all the conceptual knowledge. You will be left with Emptiness. You will not have anything to cling to.

I wish us good luck, I am not there yet, but feels like I am very close.

@Galyna thanks. But I doubt that it's something you should wish to reach for lol. 

-Osho

@Someone here Did you read the text I posted here for you? Read the whole text as this can be your fact card or a map.

I am at this point now where I started to experience the big gaps in "my" mind or no thoughts. Once you will become completely aware how this thought machine works, it will subside, I promise.

You have freaked out bc you have just discovered that your ego is illusory and you are not in control. 

There are two steps up, call it this way.

"So, the process is basically 1.realizing your Being, 2.realizing your non-Being, and then 3.realizing The Absolute. "

You are at step 1, you have just realized your true nature.

Again, do not be pedantic coz I am using the language here, there are not levels, but to calm you down I have to communicate the concept somehow.

Good luck, Sommie,

I am happy for you.

28 minutes ago, Galyna said:

Book a session with Nahm and do not change the channel, it is not the end, more surprises and gifts along the way, believe me, after our session today my mind hurts

@Galyna I swear this guy will destroy what's left of my sense of reality lol.. Nahm should be illegal lol jk xD

-Osho