susanyzm

I'd like to improve my sleep quality. Any sleep routines that you recommend?

13 posts in this topic

I'm solidifying a sleep routine to ensure high quality sleep. I have a few things on the list, such as stretching, meditation, soothing music, journaling, etc. But I don't do them all and often I can't help carrying the phone to bed. What do you do to ensure a good night sleep?

Few tips:

- White noise from a fan can have a significant effect on helping you sleep

- Keep your room as dark as possible. Blue light from outside will help you wake up faster in the morning, so it is a good way to naturally regulate your sleep schedule. But, if your goal is to get into a deep sleep as fast as possible, you can close your curtains which will make the room darker and prevent any blue light from coming and waking you up in the morning. 

- It is better to have a cold room than a hot room, keep your room cool

- Avoid caffeine and stimulants

-Try to avoid blue light from computer screens, phones, and light bulbs. You can download blue light filters if you want.

-Don't exercise or do any intense physical activity close to bed time

55 minutes ago, susanyzm said:

I can't help carrying the phone to bed.

Probably should download a blue-light filtering app

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

I'm also needing to improve my sleep :\

Stay up way too late on the internet lol

Meditation and cold shower would be my guess. Meditation relaxes your mind and the cold shower takes care of your body physically. Although you need to gather some strength for the cold showers. Especially after a long and tiring day. It's definitely worth it though.

Cut out all electronics 90 minutes prior to bedtime. Light a candle, grab a journal or drawing books, brew a lavander or chamomile tea and spend the last waking hours drawing or journalling or planning the next day. You'll see an immediate difference in your sleep quality. Short meditation before bedtime will do a huge difference. 

If you have the option, you can also switch off your wifi at night, wear comfortable clothing and keep your room slightly cool if possible. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@susanyzm I used to have insomnia and what helped me sleep was learning how to relax. Create a relaxing setting for you and just engage in something that will make you feel tired or comfy. That’s really it. Also don’t worry about perfect sleep. Sleep will never be perfect, you can function on less sleep and make up for it. 

Thank you guy!

Drawing on your suggestions, I have listed the following actions:

1. Meditation

2. 90 min electronic device free time before bed;

3. Journal; 

4. Bedtime yoga;

5. Download blue-light filter app;

This will be the start of a good sleep routine. I'll try them out. Thank you again!

For me personally, it was enough to accustom myself to constant sleep in a certain time interval and to balance the diet so as not to burden the body before going to bed

My sleep is way better if I use a Mindfold mask and / or use blue light swanwick glasses for my laptop. Diet, lots of vegetables, no sugar.... should be helping also.

The blue-light filter app is pretty good. I stare at the screen too much. It protects my eyes.

Meditation music with soothing voice is very helpful. 

I bought a device to track my sleep. I'd like to know my deep sleep hour. 

Mindful relaxing throughout the day is also helpful.

WechatIMG3.jpeg

WechatIMG4.jpeg

All the stuff mentioned is great. I would add mouth taping, it made my sleep 10 times deeper and it also cured mouth breathing for me.

Floor sleeping also is incredible but it will take a few weeks for you to get used to it.

I shoot vids about health (https://bit.ly/395NEhj)

Physical activity has a good effect on me 2 hours before bed ... like running or cycling..I'm in bed before 9pm I wake up around 5 am like new. Of course throw out the alcohol and coffee after 6 pm.

To Keep in sync with your body's natural sleep-wake cycle:

• Fight after-dinner drowsiness.
  • Expose yourself to bright sunlight in the morning.
  • Spend more time outside during daylight.
  • Try to go to sleep and get up at the same time every day.
  • Avoid sleeping in—even on weekends.
  • Be smart about napping.