Arcangelo

Kenosha shooting

109 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Guys, just to remind you, keep in mind that our objective here is not to get stuck in political content but to do Conscious Politics, which means going meta and observing how your own mind plays out its biases with political content and how it gets attached to its own positions and all the defense mechanisms it uses to justify them.

The real game here is to not get stuck at the level of content and opinions, but to realize that it's all games your mind is playing in order to feel superior.

In the big picture, it doesn't matter who kills whom. What matters is how your mind thinks about such things and how aware it is of its own biases and attachments.

When you start taking sides and getting defensive, that's when you've lost the game.

There's really no right or wrong in such cases, it's all a matter of difference in perspectives and being able to hold multiple perspectives at once.

Thanks Leo for grounding us. I definitely got triggered and argued just to prove that the other person is wrong. 

12 hours ago, Arcangelo said:

Type BLM harassment in the youtube search box. This shit is beyond crazy. 

A good example of seeking confirmation bias. If you typed “Blm for social justice and equality”, that would push a mind outside it’s contracted bias - yet there would also be the discomfort of dissonance which the mind will resist. 

@Forestluv   No man, he gave a list of the negatives of the BLM and he forgot harassment. That's all.

@Arcangelo

12 minutes ago, Arcangelo said:

@Forestluv   No man, he gave a list of the negatives of the BLM and he forgot harassment. That's all.

There have been harassments? From BLM?

^ I am 90%-95% sure you are joking. You put a smile on my face. :)

@Arcangelo

34 minutes ago, Arcangelo said:

^ I am 90%-95% sure you are joking. You put a smile on my face. :)

Dude, share those videos showing BLM harassment. It'll probably be valuable.

Of course whenever and wherever a large mob of people arises, some degree of devilry will be done. This is a law of human nature.

But also, when the political system is such that democracy isn't working well because one person one vote is corrupted, then mobs have no choice but to break out.

So the ultimate cause of these mobs is a lack of government responsiveness. If we had better leadership with more compassion, responsiveness, and vision, these mobs wouldn't be necessary and would self-dispurse.

Trump and the Republicans are fueling these mobs by twiddling their thumbs while they look the other way on many popular issues.

Republicans are refusing to take responsibility for these mobs. Instead they demonize them as that is far more convenient.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

But also, when the political system is such that democracy isn't working well because one person one vote is corrupted, then mobs have no choice but to break out.

Are there various forms of one-person-one-vote being corrupted? I can think of:

1. The electoral college is biased toward rural voters. Trump lost the popular vote by a significant margin.

2. Voter suppression. Polling locations closed in poor urban areas. Undercutting the USPS.

3. Lobbyists and corporations inject massive amounts of campaign funding to skew elections toward plutocratic power

4. No ranked choice voting

Danny you are the coolest. How's Christy doing BTW?

9 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

Are there various forms of one-person-one-vote being corrupted? I can think of:

1. The electoral college is biased toward rural voters. Trump lost the popular vote by a significant margin.

2. Voter suppression. Polling locations closed in poor urban areas. Undercutting the USPS.

3. Lobbyists and corporations inject massive amounts of campaign funding to skew elections toward plutocratic power

4. No ranked choice voting

All that and more!

Gerrymandering is a big deal.

But mostly the corporate lobbying and money in politics which is all straight up corruption.

@Arcangelo

9 minutes ago, Arcangelo said:

Danny you are the coolest. How's Christy doing BTW?

Thanks you! we're doing great. She thinks this entire situation is crazy.

When you say harassment, do you mean rioting and property damage? I'd like to see a video of what you meant. I'm dipping out now, so have a good day!

Edited by Danioover9000

No I mean people with megaphones shouting in peoples ears when they are eating at a restaurant. Some people call it assault. Their tolerance is incredible, I would snatch the megaphone from their hands and probably get killed. But that's just me. But most likely I would go inside the restaurant and tell the guys to pack my food and go home and eat it there so I don't get killed. Depends on how I am feeling that day. Tell Christy I say hi.

Arc

Egn3ed-SWs-AAv-Kg-Z.jpg

video surfaced of this kid punching a girl from behind on a different day. 

comparison of right wing coverage when it comes to this stuff... don't forget how "Trayvon Martin was high on Marijuana" was a headline and reported on widely by conservatives as well. 

Edited by Lyubov

What struck me the most was that those antifa guys attacked the kid with skate boards or whatever they could find to smash at him or throw at him. The dude just killed two people just minutes before. What did people expect he would do? I guess it is the mob mentality that blinded them. Personally I wouldn't engage or chase an armed dude, if I had no other choice, go for the kill and not hit him over the head with a skateboard.

It’s very painful to see so many business owners that have lost their lifetime businesses because of the looters. All these business owners are decent and hardworking people that have nothing to do with Racism or Dems or Reps but somehow they have ended up paying the highest price. It’s hard to understand why so much hatred toward so many innocent people.

2 hours ago, BLACKHOLE said:

It’s very painful to see so many business owners that have lost their lifetime businesses because of the looters. All these business owners are decent and hardworking people that have nothing to do with Racism or Dems or Reps but somehow they have ended up paying the highest price. It’s hard to understand why so much hatred toward so many innocent people.

yeah I agree with you... it's sad... do you understand why they are looting and angry though? 

I once saved a homeless dog outside my apartment.

Does that mean I get to shoot black people now?

All these protests and looting and riots are taking many people out of their comfort zone. 

I come from a mostly red/blue society were the victim was blamed because he made a Big deal out of a situation. People will tell him to stop and just stay quiet. 

Some people will prefer things to stay the same rather than suffer through the growing pains. 

Edited by Jennjenn

8 hours ago, StarStruck said:

What struck me the most was that those antifa guys attacked the kid with skate boards

One person hit him with a skateboard. That person was also shot and killed.

8 hours ago, StarStruck said:

The dude just killed two people just minutes before. What did people expect he would do?

They thought he could possibly cause more violence and kill more people later on while he was loose. Do you really think that the only outcome of letting him go was that he willingly brings himself to justice later and vows not to threaten protesters with a reckless vigilante attitude anymore. They were willing to take that fatal risk.

Imagine yourself in the minds of the protesters who chased him, especially in the moment. They genuinely believed that this kid could easily cause more violence to their group and must be stopped at all costs. It's so easy to do civility politics when your movement wasn't just threatened by a kid with a gun.

These weren't everyday average people on the street who felt threatened, these were angry protesters fighting for what they believe in. Of course, they were going to chase him down.

12 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Of course whenever and wherever a large mob of people arises, some degree of devilry will be done. This is a law of human nature.

So the ultimate cause of these mobs is a lack of government responsiveness. If we had better leadership with more compassion, responsiveness, and vision, these mobs wouldn't be necessary and would self-dispurse.

Trump and the Republicans are fueling these mobs by twiddling their thumbs while they look the other way on many popular issues.

Republicans are refusing to take responsibility for these mobs. Instead they demonize them as that is far more convenient.

Let's imagine that these mobs were "mercenaries" funded by the opposition to defeat the actual government. 

Imagine also that Trump was a compassionate responsible, being of light and love. Could he stop the riots by being a beautiful human being?