Harmony342

Reincarnation Thread

46 posts in this topic

Just now, Member said:

This no-self is complete bullcrap. 

Will grant ya all your wishes if you could tell me what the fuck is "you" exactly. 

also answer the previous question.. If you are one.. What is this "yourself" that "you" are deluding?  These are two. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Just now, Someone here said:

Will grant ya all your wishes if you could tell me what the fuck is "you" exactly. 

also answer the previous question.. If you are one.. What is this "yourself" that "you" are deluding?  These are two. 

Everything, no-self is nothing.

My self is everything just the same as every cell in your body makes you.

How do you think Reality exists without a Self, plzzz tell me !

@Member you really can't see the dualism or the two-ness in saying "me" and "my   self"... My self??  Like my car.. Whatever you add to you is not you by defintion. Whatever you think you are is not what you are because it's a just a thought... Is it so hard to get this?  

4 minutes ago, Member said:

How do you think Reality exists without a Self, plzzz tell me

5 minutes of self-inquiry and see how!!!

-Osho

Just now, Someone here said:

@Member you really can't see the dualism or the two-ness in saying "me" and "my   self"... My self??  Like my car.. Whatever you add to you is not you by defintion. Whatever you think you are is not what you are because it's a just a thought... Is it so hard to get this?  

5 minutes of self-inquiry and see how!!!

Oh so there's no you but only Reality is? You trust the outside more than the inside? No self is a dead zombie. Have fun!

@Member you still don't get it and you will never actually get it.. No-self is not a belief That "you" hold or drop because it makes sense to "you" or not...... Really sit down and inquire into your identity.. You say "you are the only certain thing that exists".. That's very important.. Now try to find out what is this most important thing ever actually is... It's just an idea,! 

You can't do anything about this.. When the "you" idea is not there.. There is no "you".. Unless there is a new "you" idea that arises 

This is epic if it clicks. 

-Osho

1 minute ago, Someone here said:

@Member you still don't get it and you will never actually get it.. No-self is not a belief That "you" hold or drop because it makes sense to "you" or not...... Really sit down and inquire into your identity.. You say "you are the only certain thing that exists".. That's very important.. Now try to find out what is this most important thing ever actually is... It's just an idea,! 

You can't do anything about this.. When the "you" idea is not there.. There is no "you".. Unless there is a new "you" idea that arises 

This is epic if it clicks. 

You = Reality = Everything

@allislove

1 hour ago, allislove said:

@Harmony342

Imagine, you have a dream and a character in the dream asks: "Do I reincarnate after death?"
First of all, we should explain to the character that there is no death, but how?

I’ve had a thought about this. No insight here just a thought. If other beings are like dream characters from a dream, and I have to go through every incarnation of these characters in so called real life, then wouldn’t it be accurate to assume that at some point on some different level type thing that you would also have to be and have the POV of each and every dream character you’ve ever dreamt up in every single dream whilst a sleep you’ve ever had? Sounds stupid in one sense but almost like it would have to be inevitable in another. Which would be absolutely ludicrous to say the least as we’ve all dreamt up no doubt millions of dream characters in our time. I’ve never heard anyone suggest this it’s just popped in my mind. That would be fucking nuts

3 minutes ago, Harmony342 said:

So how does this body move that's typing these keys? Something seems to be controlling it... so confused

And what is controlling the controller?  ( And multiply it by infinity) 

-Osho

35 minutes ago, Harmony342 said:

@Someone here  So is there free will? Genuinely curious about trying to figure this stuff out

Look around.. Do you see any "free will" there? 

-Osho

Speaking about reincarnation.. He doesn't make perfect sense tho but I find It interesting nevertheless. 

-Osho

You won't confirm reincarnation even if you have a direct experience of the absolute. 

You have to become concious of the subtler levels of relative reality (astral and mental planes in Hermetic terminology) in order to percieve these sort of things.

There are specific techniques, but your conciousness has to already be in a certain level or they won't work

Whatever you hear other people say or talk about, the first assumption you should always make is that they're aiming to steal your money off of it. If you fail to prove that it's about stealing your money, then it's either about controlling you which equals stealing your power, or it's a defence mechanism or some complexity playing out. In my case, it's a complexity, but don't trust me on that.

Ask yourself, how is my behaviour supposed to change if I believe that reincarnation exists? How will this belief limit me?

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

@Dazgwny sounds too complicated to me, but hey, who knows :D 

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

4 hours ago, Harmony342 said:

Does anyone know definitively if you do reincarnate after death or is this a bit of a leap of faith? Surely no one can truly know whether you really do reincarnate? If you do, do you have past lives? Do you reincarnate as every living thing? Even inanimate things? Where do you draw the lines between what you incarnate as? I'm just confused about how it could work if it is true. Thanks :) 

Please read it till the end of the page:  Also, don't skip the videos, they are important.

Please read Yoga Vashista, it'll clear many of your doubts.

https://estudantedavedanta.net/The-Supreme-Yoga-Swami-Venkatesananda.pdf

Do you reincarnate as every living thing?

No, Please read this post:

Reincarnation Research:

50 Years of research: 

https://med.virginia.edu/perceptual-studies/our-research/children-who-report-memories-of-previous-lives/fifty-years-of-research/

You can find links for academic publications on this page below:

https://med.virginia.edu/perceptual-studies/publications/

Jame Leininger's Case Report from Official NIH government website:

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27079216/

Full PDF of Paper above: https://med.virginia.edu/perceptual-studies/wp-content/uploads/sites/360/2017/04/REI42-Tucker-James-LeiningerPIIS1550830716000331.pdf

Edited by PopoyeSailor

3 hours ago, Someone here said:

Speaking about reincarnation.. He doesn't make perfect sense tho but I find It interesting nevertheless. 

He's the founder of ISKCON, He belongs to Gaudiya Vaishnava Sampradaya(spiritual lineage) which follows a Bhakthi(Devotional) Path which worships "Lord Sri Krishna" as they say, "The Supreme Personality of Godhead". They follow dualism. They don't like permanent death of individuality attained from Sayujya Mukthi(Non-Dual Merging).

According to Bhakthi Literature, which is supported  by many enlightened sages and saints of the ancient past:

When enlightenment happens to Bhaktins like them, they attain either 1 or mixed of 4 other types of Mukthi(liberation) called Sarupya, Salokya, Samipya and Sarsti. The fifth type Sayujya is rejected even if offered by their respective deities.

Clarification on Video:

When he said "Just like changing body in this life", he means, from infant-hood, to youth to adulthood to old age. Also because of the fact, the cells we are born with are not the same throughout our life. They keep replacing.

When he says soul being eternal, he actually means exactly that. For Bhaktins like him, due to their intense belief in the existence of the God / Goddess they worship and eternality of individual soul, they do get to keep their individuation and also because of the beliefs of eternal abodes of spiritual realms of their gods, they do get to enjoy heavenly delights in such heavenly realms eternally after attaining such a liberation. Sometimes when there is a desire or need to incarnate in lower material realms, they do intentionally incarnate. But, because they are under the protection of the deity they worship, their existence seems to be always secure at all times wherever they are.

I think there may be another possibility: If you don't want to be under anybody. But, yet have the intention to keep learning more & more knowledge forever and keep the individuation going on forever, enjoying new experiences(Spiritual/Material/Heavenly/Earthly) forever, you have to have mastery over your karma, ego, energies, siddhis, etc.

There is so much there is to know. Since you are all exploring non-duality here, reading Yoga Vashista will clear many of your doubts. Please read it: https://estudantedavedanta.net/The-Supreme-Yoga-Swami-Venkatesananda.pdf 

For duality, there are other resources.

Edited by PopoyeSailor