peachboy

How many colors can God create?

14 posts in this topic

I was thinking about the nature of color and how strange it is.

In my mind I was trying to imagine a color that I had never seen before, but no matter how hard I tried, the color I imagined was always something familiar.

Clearly it's an impossible task from the perspective of the finite mind. But what are the limitations of color from the perspective of God?

Can the mind of God imagine any color into existence? Is there an ultimate number of colors or can there be an infinite number of colors?

@peachboy All the colors that you have seen before, were made up by God.

Not only colors but everything around you is totally original.

Colors are an infinite wheel and people perceive them differently. 

Also no one can agree on a wheel that actually represents them or what the primary colors are which if you get into art becomes apparent when you start mixing colors.

Very cool video on color theory,

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

There could be infinite amount of colors, experiences, anything!

That's what infinity means :D!

hrhrhtewgfegege

Yes your mind can only imagine something you can already see in the real world.. Because mental images themselves are made of your visual memory.

Btw if all the sudden you saw a new color that no one have ever seen before that would be identical to seeing a ghost.. It would be one of the most scary experiences you can have.   So be careful what you wish for xD

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

People have claimed to see entirely new colors on substances such as N,N,DMT. Not sure if I believe that so much, but one can experiment. 

28 minutes ago, The Lucid Dreamer said:

People have claimed to see entirely new colors on substances such as N,N,DMT. Not sure if I believe that so much, but one can experiment. 

Interesting . Any resources?  Would like to hear their description of new colors lol 

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Just now, Someone here said:

Would like to hear their description of new colors lol 

Me too haha.. Guess this would turn out to be a bit challenging..

21 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Interesting . Any resources?  Would like to hear their description of new colors lol 

Haha, I mean I only know that several people have claimed this just from readings hundreds of DMT experience reports over the years on forums and such.  Not sure how you could describe any color that we know of from scratch let alone a whole new color. :P

I don’t know, probably an infinite amount that we can’t even imagine right now…

There’s videos on YouTube of people trying to describe colors to a blind person. But you can explain and explain endlessly, but only the experience of actually seeing a color can do it justice! No amount of word description will get closer to what “red” is than actually shutting up and LOOKING at the color red with your own eyes. Obviously haha

I mean if everything you know is already completely original, then what makes you think it stops there...

This isn't 100% related, but when I saw you talk about colors and God, it made me think of the Jewish & Kabbalistic teaching of Ein Sof & the 10 sefirot.

• "Sefirot, meaning emanations, are the 10 attributes/emanations in Kabbalah, through which Ein Sof (The Infinite) reveals Himself and continuously creates both the physical realm and the chain of higher metaphysical realms"
  • Ein Sof is like water running through ten different colors.  Though the colors are different, the translucent water is still the same. 

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins