Lindsay

What do you think about Jordan Peterson’s political views?

75 posts in this topic

The standard JP debate:

JP: This is a house, lets first conclude that a the most common form of house is a cube. Than we can talk if its shallow, has windows, rooms ect.
Crit: But a cube can also be a toy, or a brick, or a computer shell, why are you saying that only houses can be cubes.
JP: Ok, I am not saying that, but we are talking about a house, can we agree that it is a cube and than go a bit deeper.
Crit: Oh so you are a cubophobic.

12 minutes ago, humanProcess said:

@Opo First watch the clip, or the extended version. nearly no other person gets so much scrutiny and still he debates on such a place. Or watch him around hostile left wing students because he thinks its not ok to put in law which language is alouid, were he just stays calm and explains himself. Not much people can do that.

Im embarrassed to say but I've watched the full interview 3 times. Last time was recent to see if i would perceive it differently. 

He does ok against children. But there is a reason he doesn't debate anyone serious. He can't think deeply about something. 

@Opo i was being to kind. Your first video is at a glance already full of nonsense Jordan could easily debunk.

He wasnt debating a child but one of the respected journalist, one of the best they had. all the nonsense that was circulating about Jordan was very quickly debunked. But of course when that gets debunked immediately loads more of that comes into life. Thats how the media works.

do you not see that media has a big agenda and everything that goes counter gets vilified?

Edited by humanProcess

6 minutes ago, humanProcess said:

@Opo i was being to kind. Your first video is at a glance already full of nonsense Jordan could easily debunk.

He wasnt debating a child but one of the respected journalist, one of the best they had. all the nonsense that was circulating about Jordan was very quickly debunked. But of course when that gets debunked immediately loads more of that comes into life. Thats how the media works.

do you not see that media has a big agenda and everything that goes counter gets vilified?

Guarantee that Jordan Peterson could never stand in a debate against a serious academic... maybe he can get away with an sjw journalist or a college freshman who just took soc 101... 

6 minutes ago, humanProcess said:

Can you debunk it then? 

If he could why did he run? 

Didn't know media talks about JP. 

I thought of him more as a yt celebrity. 

@Epikur From your article:

"This research originally claimed that within the study's sample, more gender equality in a country is linked with a lower proportion of women studying STEM fields. The study and its results received significant coverage in non-academic media outlets.[6][7][8][9] However, separate Harvard researchers were unable to recreate the data reported in the study, and in December 2019, a correction was issued to the original paper.[10][11][12] The correction outlined that the authors had created a previously undisclosed and unvalidated method to measure "propensity" of women and men to attain a higher degree in STEM, as opposed to the originally claimed measurement of "women’s share of STEM degrees".[11][10][13] However, even incorporating the newly disclosed method, the investigating researchers could not recreate all the results presented."

-From the first paragraph of your Wikipedia link

Also, I just want to say that I am a pre medical student in america and a majority of my peers are women. lol

26 minutes ago, louhad said:

@Opo Peterson is not popular because of how brilliant his points are. He is popular because he packages conservative world views in "intellectual" sounding language. It is like red meat for maga 15 year olds. Whether or not there are valid criticisms of him is irrelevant to 95% of his viewers. They process any criticisms of him as being sjw stuff. 

@louhad  I think he is so popular because he debunks a lot of things that you are so attached to. Thats why you can't even take him seriously. All you can do is attack his character. Its childish, but I didnt expect differently from you.

Edited by humanProcess

39 minutes ago, Opo said:

If he could why did he run?

Not going to investigate every false acquisation JP gets, that would be a full time job.

@louhad

Well you still have the "paradox". Which is maybe not a paradox.

Though their numbers are growing, only 27 percent of all students taking the AP Computer Science exam in the United States are female. The gender gap grows worse from there: Just 18 percent of American computer-science college degrees go to women. This is in the U.S., where many college men proudly describe themselves as “male feminists” and girls are taught they can be anything they want to be.

Meanwhile, in Algeria, 41 percent of college graduates in the fields of science, technology, engineering, and math—or STEM, as it’s known—are female. There, employment discrimination against women is rife, and women are often pressured to make amends with their abusive husbands.

According to a report that I covered a few years ago, Jordan, Qatar, and the United Arab Emirates were the only three countries in which boys were significantly less likely to feel comfortable working on math problems than girls were. In all of the other nations surveyed, girls were more likely to say they feel “helpless while performing a math problem.”

So what explains the tendency for nations that have traditionally less gender equality to have more women in science and technology than their gender-progressive counterparts do?

A scatter plot of countries based on their number of female STEM graduates and their Global Gender Gap Index (y-axis), a measure of opportunities for women (Psychological Science)

According to a new paper published in Psychological Science by the psychologists Gijsbert Stoet, of Leeds Beckett University, and David Geary, of the University of Missouri, it could have to do with the fact that women in countries with higher gender inequality are simply seeking the clearest possible path to financial freedom. And typically, that path leads through STEM professions.

Lol, I used to really believe that guy was a genius. Turns out he really isn't,

@humanProcess you look like you are worshipping JP, Just don't.

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

@Eren Eeager taking a person serious is not worship.

@louhad  ofcourse he can easily debate an serious academic, that academic would be to scared and probably say he doesnt want to give jp a platform.  He is himself an serious academic. no you can't take him serious, hope when you grow older you can try to understand what he says. When I was a young child I also thought people like JP were bad and then I grew older and learnt not to be obedient to everything the media wants me to believe.

Edited by humanProcess

@humanProcess .............. lol

rule of thumb: anyone who doesn't understand the difference between sex/gender, anyone who uses the term "cultural marxism", anyone who uses the term "western civilization"... is a pseudo-intellectual. He has some valid understandings of psychology on an individual scale... he needs to stay in his lane and not say stupid shit all the time on things he doesn't understand. He just doesn't get how society functions on a macro scale. 

Edited by louhad

9 minutes ago, humanProcess said:

@Eren Eeager taking a person serious is not worship.

@louhad  ofcourse he can easily debate an serious academic, that academic would be to scared and probably say he doesnt want to give jp a platform.  He is himself an serious academic. no you can't take him serious, hope when you grow older you can try to understand what he says. When I was a young child I also thought people like JP were bad and then I grew older and learnt not to be obedient to everything the media wants me to believe.

He is a serious academic in the field of psychology. That's it. Richard Wolff wanted to debate him and was given a platform at a university, but JP backed out.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

11 minutes ago, louhad said:

@humanProcess .............. lol

rule of thumb: anyone who doesn't understand the difference between sex/gender, anyone who uses the term "cultural marxism", anyone who uses the term "western civilization"... is a pseudo-intellectual. He has some valid understandings of psychology on an individual scale... he needs to stay in his lane and not say stupid shit all the time on things he doesn't understand. He just doesn't get how society functions on a macro scale. 

I think JP meant the danger of this I guess:

@Apparition of Jack

13 hours ago, Apparition of Jack said:

@Lindsay  Under every single post, there's a couple of buttons that say "@ User", "Quote", and "Bookmark".

The "@ User" button puts the user's name at the front of your post, like how I've put your name in this post. It notifies the person you've mentioned them.

The "Quote" button puts their post in a quote box that you can reply to, like this:

^ This is me replying to your quote.

And finally the "Bookmark" button lets you bookmark someone's post so that you can easily find it to read later.

Hope this helps!

Thank you! Yes this was so helpful ?

@Opo

1 hour ago, Opo said:

Hard thing to do with JP because he runs from debates. 

lmao I couldn’t agree more. I was hoping he would accept that debate because I’m a big fan of Richard Wolff as well. 

4 hours ago, humanProcess said:

@Lindsay This person goes straight against the mainstream and dares to ask questions about this. Beautiful how he dares to take another perspective. You need to be very strong for it. Listen for example this interview where they try to hurt his character nearly every sentence , evey try is a lie and try for character assassination and he survives. People don't want you to know his arguments!

I agree. I thought it was unprofessional when the channel 4 news talking head was nice to him before the cameras were on, and then morphed into a new persona while on camera. It’s disgusting how fake people are on tv. 

his the gist of what he had to say to Wolff. How much evidence do you need about marxism?