ajai

Is there anything beyond Consciousness ?

21 posts in this topic

Is there anything beyond Consciousness?

Given, Human Species have cognitive capacities/abilities, is there any possibility that there are limits to which we can stretch our imagination.

Yes as per theory ( since I have never tried) Psychedelics help to upgrade our abilities to understand but since they are inside our System (Human Body) , are there limits to our awareness of what there "actually" is ?

Regards

All limits are imagined by consciousness.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

2 minutes ago, ajai said:

@Carl-Richard @soos_mite_ah

Okay thank-you, but I'm still pondering about what you guyz alluded and sort of confused ! ?

First recognize that the so-called external world is actually inside your own head. This establishes the fact that everything is consciousness. Now, you're asking whether something can exist outside of consciousness, and that requires that we unpack the idea of non-duality. 

Imagine the universe and see if you can imagine there being an edge to the universe, a limit that keeps it from extending for forever. If the universe has an edge, is the edge a part of the universe? More importantly, if the universe is supposedly limited, it has to be limited by something else than itself, and that is what the edge is for.

But then think about this very carefully: for something to be limited, there must be something else that limits it. The edge limits the universe, and therefore the universe is limited. But what limits the edge? Surely, something else must also limit the edge, or else that edge is just limitless. Hmm... isn't this a problem? Well, can't we just add another edge outside that edge? Well, not really, because that edge must also have another edge limiting it and so on etc..

Now we've run into the problem of infinite regression, and that is actually not a "problem" but instead an inherent quality of the universe. The universe is actually unlimited, infinite, and necessarily so, because if the universe is everything that can exist, then what can limit it other than itself? Now if consciousness is everything that exists, what can limit consciousness other than itself? And what can consciousness be other than unlimited, infinite, absolute, primary, prior to anything and everything?

That is the truth of nonduality. Every limit, every distinction, every "two" is necessarily "one". Now, if everything is made out of consciousness, what is that edge of the universe made out of? The edge is an imaginary limit:

1 hour ago, Carl-Richard said:

All limits are imagined by consciousness.

Tada! :D 

8 minutes ago, ajai said:

@Carl-Richard 

Whoa!

Astounding, very well articulated.

Cheers !!!

FeminineEveryGraysquirrel-max-1mb.gif

Imagine for a moment everything that could ever possibly exist, even in theory.

Imagine even everything that can't be imagined.

Is there anything beyond that?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 minute ago, SpiritualKitten said:

Yes: the very thing through which you are observing that everything. 

And then one would argue that this too is consciousness, but does this "everything" show evidence that it is gazing back at "you" ?

CrvjWUSWYAAxpBM.jpg

11 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Imagine for a moment everything that could ever possibly exist, even in theory.

Imagine even everything that can't be imagined.

Is there anything beyond that?

Umm...If I imagine "Everything" including the unimaginable, then as per my current understanding I reckon, NO there's nothing beyond that. :ph34r:

Yeah it is called 'Unconsciousness' after you die. It also exists when you are alive.

Edited by hyruga

3 hours ago, ajai said:

Umm...If I imagine "Everything" including the unimaginable, then as per my current understanding I reckon, NO there's nothing beyond that. :ph34r:

Infinity.  You are yourself.  There is no where to go.  When you become directly conscious of this that is enlightenment.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

How to remove this ⬆️

And also I'm having a tough time with tags (@user), how to remove it if I tag someone twice by mistake?

5 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

Infinity.  You are yourself.  There is no where to go.  When you become directly conscious of this that is enlightenment.

GOTCHA ! ⬆️??

Edited by ajai

That's why it's called Infinity. Although until you experience it by yourself that is just a word with little guidance value I guess 

Noam Chomsky- Consciousness and Beyond.

Nothing is beyond the unimaginable. Nothing is the ultimate limiter. Consciousness is nothing. Infinity is nothing. God is nothing. Truth is nothing. It’s all nothing. Edit: i can’t directly experience nothing so nothing is belief. Ta-da everything is belief! Even direct experience! In reality there is nothing but belief!

Edited by from chaos into self

On 8/22/2020 at 3:58 PM, ajai said:

Is there anything beyond Consciousness?

Given, Human Species have cognitive capacities/abilities.

Psychedelics help to upgrade our abilities to

Those points are and are in regard to consciousness. Consciousness appears as humans which have cognition, abilities, upgrades, etc, like a screen might appear as itself, to itself, of itself, as a movie. There is no thing or attribute in a movie which is beyond the screen - which is appearing as the movie. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Consciousness is the screen on which direct experience lies. Nothingness is the screen in which the universe lies. Are they one and the same thing? Or is there a duality to it all? Only belief can know.

Consciousness is infinite. 

Theoretically when something is infinite, there is nothing outside of it or beyond it 

So the answer is No. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today.