Jo96

There is no deeper layer to reality or enlightenment

54 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Justine said:

@Leo Gura  I feel this would of been good advice for me 3 years ago. But it is too late now and I have gone to far. Life is meaningless. 

Whats gone to far and feels its to late, what believes a thing called life is meaningless?  Sounds like just idea's to me.  Stop and look at how these are just ideas and how they effect you emotionally and how you relate in the moment, I bet they've created a pretty depressive outlook on whats happening and whats going or possible to happen.

15 hours ago, Nahm said:

“The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home.

The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude... I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our attitudes.”

- Charles Swindoll

Charles Swindoll was idolized in my house when I was a kid. Break free from all that and here we are again. Straaaaaange loop. xD 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@Jo96 I didn't say that, you said that. I agree with you, but I also agree with Leo. Yes, from the absolute perspective there are no deeper layers to reality, but at the same time....this shit gets really deep lol. 

35 minutes ago, Depersonilized said:

@Jo96 I didn't say that, you said that. I agree with you, but I also agree with Leo. Yes, from the absolute perspective there are no deeper layers to reality, but at the same time....this shit gets really deep lol. 

Absolute perspective ? ?

6 hours ago, Mu_ said:

Sure sure, but how is that infinity stands out from itself as you've stated?

I get it, you think I'm just playing word games.

The insight was, there's nothing wrong with feeling good about yourself. There's nothing wrong with feeling special, important, valuable or "standing out". Because the truth is you are special, important, valuable and stand out. Because that's what God is. 

The trick is, you don't have to reject those feelings to be God. The mistake is in projecting WHY those feelings are there. The ego gets those feelings and conjures up explanations for why its there, such as you are special because you're smarter than everyone else, or you're more spiritually advanced than everyone else.

Inspect and separate the feeling of being special, from the ego's explanation of what that feeling means, and then you get God. 

1 hour ago, electroBeam said:

The insight was, there's nothing wrong with feeling good about yourself. There's nothing wrong with feeling special, important, valuable or "standing out". Because the truth is you are special, important, valuable and stand out. Because that's what God is. 

The trick is, you don't have to reject those feelings to be God. The mistake is in projecting WHY those feelings are there. The ego gets those feelings and conjures up explanations for why its there, such as you are special because you're smarter than everyone else, or you're more spiritually advanced than everyone else.

Inspect and separate the feeling of being special, from the ego's explanation of what that feeling means, and then you get God. 

I would never, lol :)  But ya I get what your saying and I like it, its a healthy good perspective, it feels good, I said what I said to also point to something as well.  But thank you for the insight.

2 hours ago, Mu_ said:

I said what I said to also point to something as well.

+1 everything AND nothing. 

2 hours ago, Justine said:

@VeganAwake Thank you, I appreciate your words. 

? ? ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

On 8/16/2020 at 6:57 PM, electroBeam said:

I agree. Very insightful on the explanations / comparisons of the ego. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

"Wherever you go, there you are"

It's easy to underestimate your insight @Jo96

One life to live, bring it on!

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.