Jo96

There is no deeper layer to reality or enlightenment

54 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Jo96 said:

I came to this realization today thinking about infinity. I think there’s a logical fallacy that can occur that somehow something being deeper or more nuanced or smaller is somehow more true. This is in fact true but it’s also false. To me that’s like zooming into your hand and saying that the cells are more important than the hand or zooming out and saying the body is more meaningful than the hand. By nature of making the judgment you are perceiving higher and lower stated or consciousness. In reality all that is just is. 

I could probably take a million 5meo doses and while I have no doubt I would learn a lot about reality that doesn’t mean that it’s anymore true than what is for me right now. All that is is. 

that’s all. Just thought I’d share. 

bro, how else are ya gonna be the new hip swami sadhguru bramahama 

3 hours ago, Ponder said:

@VeganAwake

While technically true, advice such as this can be very misleading. In the vast majority of cases, the ability to “drop seeking” only comes after a period of vigorous and dedicated seeking — such that “spontaneous” enlightenment is a borderline oxymoron. 

How many people do you know who have had enlightenment dawn on them out of the blue, without any prior spiritual practice? My guess is zero. And that’s not an accident. For one reason or another, an almost monomaniacal desire for awakening, along with the ensuing practice that this prompts, is essential if one is to escape the clutches of maya — except in a spattering of exceedingly anomalous cases. 

The issue isn’t that people are seeking too much, it’s that they are seeking far too little. 

I wasn't giving advice, I was making a statement.

Any advice given to the separate sense of "self" such as stop seeking or seek harder only perpetuates its illusory existence, and keeps Maya or the Illusion intact.

I agree it does seem that a curiosity/inquiry/desire/suffering plays a key role.

It was obviously the suffering aspect for Eckhart Tolle for example.

"And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened." -- Luke 11:9-13

Jesus said, "Let him who seeks continue seeking until he finds. When he finds, he will become troubled. When he becomes troubled, he will be astonished, and he will rule over the All." -- Gospel of Thomas

Here it was recognized the one seeking wasn't real. That seeking energy collapsed and it was simultaneously recognized the seeker never actually existed... it was simply a misidentification. ❤

Edited by VeganAwake

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

25 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

I wasn't giving advice, I was making a statement.

Any advice given to the separate sense of "self" such as stop seeking or seek harder only perpetuates its illusory existence, and keeps Maya or the Illusion intact.

I agree it does seem that a curiosity/inquiry/desire/suffering plays a key role.

It was obviously the suffering aspect for Eckhart Tolle for example.

"And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened." -- Luke 11:9-13

Jesus said, "Let him who seeks continue seeking until he finds. When he finds, he will become troubled. When he becomes troubled, he will be astonished, and he will rule over the All." -- Gospel of Thomas

Here it was recognized the one seeking wasn't real. That seeking energy collapsed and it was simultaneously recognized the seeker never actually existed... it was simply a misidentification. ❤

The seeker and the seeking is one and the same, it is the illusory reality that seeking/the seeker lives in that creates a distinction between the two, the seeker and the sought. 

The incredible thing is that it is never actually revealed, the personal energy just falls away with no conclusion, nothing to recognize.

No one knows that it is unknowable, it just is. Every attempt to get it is just an energy arising saying that it needs something, it's not actually real, it doesn't actually matter at all, only to the one looking. 

Can't talk about it, it just is too everything to even come close to with words.

Edited by traveler

1 hour ago, traveler said:

The seeker and the seeking is one and the same, it is the illusory reality that seeking/the seeker lives in that creates a distinction between the two, the seeker and the sought. 

The incredible thing is that it is never actually revealed, the personal energy just falls away with no conclusion, nothing to recognize.

No one knows that it is unknowable, it just is. Every attempt to get it is just an energy arising saying that it needs something, it's not actually real, it doesn't actually matter at all, only to the one looking. 

Can't talk about it, it just is too everything to even come close to with words.

That's a good explanation ? agreed..❤

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

19 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Jo96 

There are layers to reality so deep that they would leave you sucking your thumb in a fetal position on the floor.

I've literally done just that on a medium dose of shrooms while naked in the bathroom with the lights off while also getting pounded by the intensity of the experience. I second this statement. 

Good times. 

1 hour ago, Depersonilized said:

I've literally done just that on a medium dose of shrooms while naked in the bathroom with the lights off while also getting pounded by the intensity of the experience. I second this statement. 

Good times. 

And because it was intense it is somehow more true than something else? 
Because you were in the fetal position this was then more of a true reality ? 

13 hours ago, Nahm said:

Sorry, never mind. 

When you actually do, it’s quite funny. Best of luck with your path.

Lots of people who have kids awaken btw, and you have more than enough time in a day to take care of everything you need to in life, and to create the life you really want, and to awaken. Consider not believing your thoughts to the contrary. 

How can there be awakening if all is one? It’s funny to whom? You ? Your collection of occurrences ? 

“The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home.

The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude... I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our attitudes.”

- Charles Swindoll

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

4 minutes ago, Nahm said:

“The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home.

The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude... I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our attitudes.”

- Charles Swindoll

Why did you decide to post this ? 

20 minutes ago, Jo96 said:

How can there be awakening if all is one? It’s funny to whom? You ? Your collection of occurrences ? 

One awakens. Funny doesn’t need a who. That’s why it’s so funny. 

14 minutes ago, Jo96 said:

Why did you decide to post this ? 

It came to mind after reading your op again, all the things you’ve tried, and your outlook on time, life, and needing isolation or a cleared plate to wake up. Attitude stands between recognizing coming to a logical dualistic conclusion is not realization. Attitude is the difference between I’m screwed, and I’m thrilled. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

On 8/14/2020 at 6:57 PM, Jo96 said:

I came to this realization today thinking about infinity. I think there’s a logical fallacy that can occur that somehow something being deeper or more nuanced or smaller is somehow more true. This is in fact true but it’s also false. To me that’s like zooming into your hand and saying that the cells are more important than the hand or zooming out and saying the body is more meaningful than the hand. By nature of making the judgment you are perceiving higher and lower stated or consciousness. In reality all that is just is. 

I could probably take a million 5meo doses and while I have no doubt I would learn a lot about reality that doesn’t mean that it’s anymore true than what is for me right now. All that is is. 

that’s all. Just thought I’d share. 

This is a profound insight honestly, and ties together the whole package so to say.  But if you don't have any other of those insights, theres nothing to tie together so to say, lol.  Its funny, there is so much more, but at the same time your never lacking even in not realizing such, nor will be lacking if they so to say are not seen, while at the same time if they were to become awake so to say, this insight you are sharing is EVEN MORE PROFOUND, while at the same time its all going to be equal in the realization that its ALL ".....".  This insight is a real ego check for some, particularly if you feel like you've reached super high places in comparison to others and some how feel special or like you've earned some badge because you put so much effort into it and as a result you hold this badge like its 1st place or that somehow effort makes one stand out or it makes one more important.

51 minutes ago, Mu_ said:

1st place or that somehow effort makes one stand out or it makes one more important.

You do stand out, and you are more important, there's just no one you're more important than. The ego is simply twisting th importance of God to serve its agenda, but you are important.

Yes and it's funny because a lot of times the apparent individuals put these gurus or Masters up on the pedestal themselves and ? their feet.

Shoot why not act like you achieved more than other individuals, they put you up on a pedestal and pay you the big bucks ?

4 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

there's just no one you're more important than. 

?

55 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

You do stand out, and you are more important, there's just no one you're more important than. The ego is simply twisting th importance of God to serve its agenda, but you are important.

I like your positive sentiment and I'm pretty sure its useful to some who read this (I've often said the same thing myself), but between you and I, what exactly is this supposed "you" in the standing out and whats it standing out above or below?

57 minutes ago, Mu_ said:

I like your positive sentiment and I'm pretty sure its useful to some who read this (I've often said the same thing myself), but between you and I, what exactly is this supposed "you" in the standing out and whats it standing out above or below?

infinity of course

7 hours ago, Mu_ said:

between you and I

Tsk tsk... It's "you and me"...

Sometimes it's "you and I", but not in this case.

You can know the difference by making the shorthand explicit. For example:

"You and I need to talk." ...is shorthand for: "You need to talk and I need to talk." -> clearly "me need to talk" wouldn't work here, so "you and I" is correct.

Another example:

"This land was made for you and me" ...is shorthand for: "This land was made for you, and this land was made for me." -> clearly "was made for I" wouldn't work here, so "you and me" is correct.

Another way of getting there is to see whether the "I/me" is connected to a verb or to a preposition. If it's a verb like "I need" in the above example, then it should be "I", precisely because it's a verb. If it's a preposition like "for me" in the above example, then it should be "me", precisely because it's a preposition.

"Between" is a preposition, so "between you and me" is correct.

It just so happens that "you" serves both purposes, e.g. "you need" vs. "I need", and "for you" vs. "for me". So they look like the same "you" but they actually aren't, hence the confusion.

-_--_--_-

Edited by Johnny5

Have you tried salvia? From what I heard it could really change your mind at this point...

@Leo Gura  I feel this would of been good advice for me 3 years ago. But it is too late now and I have gone to far. Life is meaningless. 

Edited by Justine

33 minutes ago, Justine said:

@Leo Gura  I feel this would of been good advice for me 3 years ago. But it is too late now and I have gone to far. Life is meaningless. 

Life was still meaningless even before the 'you' went too far.

There is no need for meaning. It just IS!!

Why ask why?

Just bask in the meaninglessness of it all is freedom is salvation is enlightenment. ❤