Itsokimok

Fear of being born again

33 posts in this topic

@Nahm Thank you, Nahm for this. I tend to feel high highs and low lows. I would go through periods where life feels like a burden and I even want it get it over and done with but fear that I'll be born again into something worse. Then I would go through an equally long period where I notice big growths and insights and feelings of love, joy and reverence for all of life. I become super inspired. I don't have bipolar, just a fair bit of trauma. Rumi, damn, I always end up crying when I read his stuff. It's so moving

@PopoyeSailor That dream-like state of seeing things based on your waking state life freaks me out too. Sounds like Bardo in Buddhism where you have either pleasant or unpleasant hallucinations for some time after your body dies. I'm sure I'll see a lot of my fears materialize in those hallucinations I bet. I have quite a few fears and even phobias. Something I haven't quite articulated yet is that I feel existence is scary and all consuming because imposes itself on sentient beings. It's fascinating and terrifying how you have to go through all this. All this shit in your waking life, then you go through some possibly terrifying hallucinations and get reborn to go through a similar cycle unless you're enlightened. 

16 hours ago, Osaid said:
20 hours ago, blankisomeone said:

So who should I believe? lol fuck off guys haha, y'all confuse me :P

My first reaction is to call BS on both of you...

Yeah lol

This is the part where you gotta find the answer for yourself

Yeah man this why I have trust issues?

2 hours ago, Itsokimok said:

Rumi, damn, I always end up crying when I read his stuff. It's so moving

Lol. Me too. Sometimes I can’t even.  You’re doing great. As much as possible, notice that isn’t happening / stick to direct experience. We aren’t even designed or equipped for anything more really. This basically requires a recognition that what is actual is the perspective. It might be about a future...but notice it is not the future...it is a perspective that appeared, now. That recognition, perhaps over and over...will not only change the relationship between that thought / perspective and feeling (by putting feeling & direct experience first)...but you are solidly on the path of self realization. It only takes a glimpse of who you really are, and you’ll see that it all makes perfect sense. Again, work towards that glimpse, not towards resolving thinking which doesn’t even resonate with you. If you’re to master one thing, make it letting go of what feels out of alignment for you. Become an Olympic level letting goer. One day the profundity of the depth & empowerment of letting a single thought go will strike you like a lightening bolt of love. Wishing you all the best! ?? 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

18 hours ago, Itsokimok said:

@PopoyeSailor That dream-like state of seeing things based on your waking state life freaks me out too. Sounds like Bardo in Buddhism where you have either pleasant or unpleasant hallucinations for some time after your body dies. I'm sure I'll see a lot of my fears materialize in those hallucinations I bet. I have quite a few fears and even phobias. Something I haven't quite articulated yet is that I feel existence is scary and all consuming because imposes itself on sentient beings. It's fascinating and terrifying how you have to go through all this. All this shit in your waking life, then you go through some possibly terrifying hallucinations and get reborn to go through a similar cycle unless you're enlightened. 

Right now you are in a state whose nature is that which you are describing. Because the shit is now hitting the fan and you are in some part of that room. But, there are others who are right smack in the middle of such rooms. The rooms will fade out in due course of time and transform into palaces for all of them one day or another, or in one reality or another. You can be so sure of that, because if there is one thing that doesn't change, that is "change" itself. No state is permanent either in this world or the next. Change is the fundamental nature of reality. Even intense suffering after reaching a certain period will feel like normality, and if it reaches a certain threshold has the potential to bring enlightenment(Best e.g is Eckhart Tolle). 

For a person who is in suffering, every thought he has, every activity he does, there might be some tinge of that suffering present in all of them. He cannot help himself but see the suffering in the world because he himself is in suffering, so he resonates well with 'other's suffering' / 'suffering in general'. Similarly for someone who is enjoying life free from suffering tends to see joy in everything that he does or everything he thinks about. His resonance is with joy, so he tends to connect well with joy and sees the whole world as full of joy and happiness.

"Just as state of mind, such is outlook on the world".

Just as much suffering there is in reality, there is as much joy as well. Right now you may be experiencing one side of it more than the other. But, the other side will also come with much intensity one day and will last as much as this side has lasted. Patience is the key.

Also, you might ask why not only joy, why should there be suffering? I have already answered it here please read:

All this questioning and answering will make one feel comfortable only intellectually. When shit hits the fan, everyone will run for the door, including me, you and even the enlightened. How people process it afterwards is a different thing.

Knowledge, although does not take away the physical suffering, has the tendency to lessen the mental suffering. If mental condition is better, even the physical suffering doesn't sting as much. Even though wisdom doesn't take away the suffering completely, it can help you in some capacity to cope with it atleast.

Edited by PopoyeSailor

6 hours ago, PopoyeSailor said:

Right now you are in a state whose nature is that which you are describing. Because the shit is now hitting the fan and you are in some part of that room. But, there are others who are right smack in the middle of such rooms. The rooms will fade out in due course of time and transform into palaces for all of them one day or another, or in one reality or another. You can be so sure of that, because if there is one thing that doesn't change, that is "change" itself. No state is permanent either in this world or the next. Change is the fundamental nature of reality. Even intense suffering after reaching a certain period will feel like normality, and if it reaches a certain threshold has the potential to bring enlightenment(Best e.g is Eckhart Tolle). 

That's really interesting man! 

On 09/08/2020 at 11:05 AM, Itsokimok said:

I'm scared of non-duality.

Gosh well lets hope its not already happening. 

@Itsokimok if you never learn that you born, can you die? 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

On 12. 8. 2020 at 10:32 PM, blankisomeone said:

So who should I believe? lol fuck off guys haha, y'all confuse me :P

My first reaction is to call BS on both of you...

That is the sane thing to do. 

There's no reason why you should worry about the content of someone else's spiritual insights.

Your fear stems from turning Leo's work into belief. 

You may have that insight yourself when you're ready. Until then, do your best to live your human life well. 

You're already doing that every night.

Not so scary isn't it (unless when it is ?) ? 

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@blankisomeone lmaoo I’m with you on this one.

I guess it’s what ever you imagine and wish for that will make you happy? That’s pretty cheerful!! it’s it.

Don't resist the pain. Accept it. If you can accept it, it will go away. If you need help with this, I recommend the Sedona Method.

Also notice how you bias your future on your own thinking right now. You could reincarnate as a cow. But isn't it also likely to reincarnate as a tree, as a stone or let's say as a table? Everything is consciousness. Maybe a rock on mars. Or a rock on a planet a million light-years away from earth? Or maybe, other places and times only exist in your head and aren't actually real?

However you think about, it's just a story.

You can make this story one way or the other. Positive and negative are both illusions. So knock yourself out.

The only thing that matters is now. You choose ❤️

On 13/08/2020 at 8:54 PM, justfortoday said:

Your next life will be another chapter in the growth of you, the eternal mind.

There is no next. It is beyond time or the concept of a sequence.

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”