andreasj

Was Jesus real ?

31 posts in this topic

Hi friends.

Was there a person here on earth that was Jesus as in the bible ?

Was he for real ?

We in the western world has build our yea/date on his birthday.

That is crazy is he was a fictional idea IMO.

Just an example.....

He didnt do all that stuff that's written in the bible, did he ?

I've heard from various high sources, that I trust, stories of what he did and so on. So yea, it seems real and all the miracles too. Even better, a lot of channelers channel him (Yeshua). You can find out about that pretty easy if you Google for his channeled messages probably.

Edited by Waken

Why does it matter to you?

Dont look at me! Look inside!

It's sort of irrelevant; what we have is stories of Jesus. Certainly at least some of them are embellished or morphed over the years. Whether he was real or not, we have today an archetype that is in a way more real than a biographical entity. Same goes with the Buddha and so on. 

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

Hi friends. Thank You lovely people.I really appreciate you writing back. I don't know why it matters to me. Maybe it's because I'm listening to Leo´s "How you lie" episode and it's been  hitting me kinda hard & good :) I just how much shit my world is made of. I'm sure I am all of it. bullshit. thanks.  I lie to my self :) this I know. I just think it's kinda strange that we in the western world put so much emphasis on Jesus when nothing about him is proven. Also, I've talked to god and He answered me.Trust me or not, So, I'm just wondering about Jesus and his precedence - if real ? I love you. I really do. The only thing that is dividing us is maybe thousand of kilometers and a little keyboard/screen. 

Ps. I'm schizophrenic so bear with me :) Have a beer on me friends :)

He was real, but he was not God, and did not claim to be.

Much of what was written about it was fabricated, much was real.

He did perform miracles. I don't know which ones. He did have seemingly obscure sayings such as the first will be last and the last will be first. He spoke about the divine love.

He was the first with the divine love, and became complete in it, thus being the first Christ.

2 hours ago, Artsu said:

He did have seemingly obscure sayings such as the first will be last and the last will be first

He was speaking of  the  "I Am", the Alpha and Omega i.e.,
"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty…".

@andreasj
If you want to look into what I would call "real" Christianity" , and Jesus,look into the writings of the Christian mystics such as
Meister Eckhart
Nicholas of Cusa
St. John of the Cross
Gospel of St. Thomas
St.Francis of Asisi
There are many more, but these are a few of the more famous mystics.

thank you friends ! This gives me a lot to read up upon. Jesus Christ,do you have something for me hehe ? And not just the stupid rules and morals of the church   :) 

@andreasj Were you there 2,000 yrs ago to directly experience Jesus - see, touch, hear, smell, taste him? Everything else is irrelevant. There is your answer :) 

I don't think so. He seems like a plagiarism of Krishna from my POV .

I've never heard of a virgin giving birth. Oh wait, only once in the entire history of all creatures.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

59 minutes ago, Gesundheit said:

I've never heard of a virgin giving birth. Oh wait, only once in the entire history of all creatures.

It's a symbolic pointer. Symbolism is inseparable from reality, making the dualities between meaning and meaningless and real and unreal dissolve. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

1 minute ago, mandyjw said:

It's a symbolic pointer. Symbolism is inseparable from reality, making the dualities between meaning and meaningless and real and unreal dissolve. 

Sounds great, in theory.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

@Gesundheit I'm too dumb for theories. Can't grasp them. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

4 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

@Gesundheit I'm too dumb for theories. Can't grasp them. 

Exactly because they're not true.

@Gesundheit Contemplating the symbolism of the virgin birth is another way of asking "How can something come from nothing?" Which is a very big question with... no? answer? 

1 minute ago, mandyjw said:

@Gesundheit Contemplating the symbolism of the virgin birth is another way of asking "How can something come from nothing?" Which is a very big question with... no? answer? 

If you want to think about it this way but many people think of it more literally than symbolically. OP was asking if Jesus was real like literally. In my limited knowledge it's not possible for a human female to give birth on her own except for Mary.

Maybe there has been several Jesus´es but most of them were female and burned alive  for being "witches" ?

Seems strange there is only one "record" of Jesus in the entire history/timeline of our universe.

Why only once ? Alive for, what, 35 years ? Maybe he learned his lesson and decided that human was too fucked up to re-visit. 

Kind regards, a highly sophisticated monkey (me)