bejapuskas

Shamanism, healing

66 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, kagaria said:

@Artsu

Yes he was among the ones who were courageous enough to make the journey to God consciousness to the end. 
Divine love is when you understand that love = desire minus ego. He also emphasized the importance of the real work over empty theoretical reasoning. As the times of tribulation arise, it becomes even more urgent to get to the Real. To pop the ego and to unite with the supreme self.

Not sure about that.

I don't think I will change my view of him. My read is strong enough that I would rather just ignore him.

How do you know what divine love is already? I haven't put it into words yet, but I know I have it.

It perhaps relates to ego? But is a different rebirth from the ego-death+rebirth.

Do you have divine love? How do you know? Can you identify a time when you didn't have it, if so? I am legitimately interested in how it is/was for you.

@Artsu it's unconditional love of God and complete transcendence of thought. You have the power to do it. You must only have the will to to be free from the false. That will is located in the heart, and that is the true meaning of love.

explain grammar to an alien ?

1 minute ago, kagaria said:

@Artsu it's unconditional love of God and complete transcendence of thought. You have the power to do it. You must only have the will to to be free from the false. That will is located in the heart, and that is the true meaning of love.

What do you mean by transcendence of thought? I think this is soul-related, not heart. I don't know the specifics well enough.

I just know I have it, and it is what people need. It is the key, the main point. Most people probably will never get it.

I can't tell if you're talking sense, because I don't understand it well enough, but clearly you must have already had a conception of this. Where did you get this conception?

I mean, in speaking to you, I do think you have the divine love, it seems likely if not probable. But where are you getting this?

@Artsu

Just know you are the Self. Know you are Buddha, know you are Shiva, know you are Sat Chit Ananda, know you are the silent Presence that is eternal, and all will be revealed, and perfection will be attained. You are That. You don’t have to become that, you don’t have to stop becoming something else, there is only the Self, there are no other options, just accept reality.

explain grammar to an alien ?

4 minutes ago, kagaria said:

@Artsu

Just know you are the Self. Know you are Buddha, know you are Shiva, know you are Sat Chit Ananda, know you are the silent Presence that is eternal, and all will be revealed, and perfection will be attained. You are That. You don’t have to become that, you don’t have to stop becoming something else, there is only the Self, there are no other options, just accept reality.

This is diverging too much from what I can respond to.

I'll PM you some time soon if I want to continue this conversation.

@Keyhole  Thanks you for your advice, I will look into that. Don't worry, it is clear to me that „giving my power to others“ means misusing it.

6 hours ago, kagaria said:

Probably 'The basis of White Magic' by Shunyamurti. This is not about shamanism per se but this might be more interesting and proper since it's available to everyone not called by the spirits (emphasis on pure devotion to God or the higher self and the Angels,  paranormal powers of consciousness etc.). 

@kagaria Very well might be, thanks, will look into that.

@kag101  Yes I resonate with what you are saying kinda. I have family and friends in Brazil, might come over one day :) 

Is anyone here able to elaborate on the differences between a shaman, a tantrika, a curandero and a witch? 

@Keyhole  Thank you for such a lengthy summary, I found Mr Breezewood there, is it a good idea to dm him? Holger Kalweit's books seem to be in the local library here so I might read some of them. The booklist would be very helpful as well.

I watched some videos about Kali, since you talk about her all the time - I realized that Kali women have taught me so much and refined my self-understanding in very good ways. 

Also, reading through what you've written, I have this thought that I don't like to be limited by some circumstances, but maybe I just don't know what a shaman is. I value understanding and wisdom higher than any tradition or concepts or whatever and feel the need to expand my understanding. Perhaps this also attracts me because I've spent so much time exploring east Asia, so now my intellect naturally drives my attention towards other regions.

@bejapuskas  @Keyhole

Hey Bejapuskas and Keyhole,

preety here

Yea, I have heard about terms like shamanism and tantrika and curandero. 

Shamanism is very mysterious to me and I have always been so curious about it, it belongs to Native American cultures and I have always wanted to know more about Native American culture to know more about Shamanism so much so that I even started a new journal for that. 

I have read a little bit about Curandero and it seems to me that they are usually found in Latin American parts and these mostly act like shamans and they help to cure people with physical mental and emotional illnesses. 

Coming to tantrika. Actually it's a sexual practice in which a state of consciousness is achieved through sexual stimulation. I haven't yet tried this but I would love to try it with my partner. I'm still very uneducated on this. 

A good source for information on sexual sacredness or tantrika is this 

You might want to go through this website entirely to get a better idea of what tantrika entails 

http://tantrikalife.com/sacredsexuality.html

Actually I want to use tantrika as a witch so that's one reason why I started the journal "Wall"... It has some romantic references but it is my first step towards bringing tantrika into my life. It's just the beginning so I have sort of not gone into the depths of sexual exploration also because I didn't want to put in a lot of sexual details since I thought that too much sexual stuff would be a bit excessive for a forum like this. But I'm in the process of exploring sexual stimulation in the form of tantrika through that journal. 

Coming to witchcraft. Yes I'm a witch. I practice witchcraft.. I am a solitary witch and witchcraft has many categories and variations. So among them, I belong to Gardnerian Witchcraft which was started by Gerald Gardner, a British wizard. I guess they are called wizard if it's male or warlock. 

In my witchcraft practice it's more about connecting to nature. The elements of earth fire, water, air and ether. 

And I use an athame where I write spells and sometimes burn the spell paper to make my wishes come true.. 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Keyhole  Yeh thanks for informing me, I appreciate that, it can sometimes get annoying with people who have high standards.

@Preety_India  Thank you for your insight, Could you please talk more about the different types of witches? What do you think about the statement tantra is not just about sex? 

@Keyhole@bejapuskas  you are welcome. 

@bejapuskas I will give a small summary on my religious background and then proceed to explain the different types of witches.

I'm born a Hindu with some Catholic influence as a child. My father had faith in Christianity and he used to take me to church.. My school was in the church itself and the school principal was the Father of the church I used to go to. I used to pray to Christ as a child. 

When I grew up, I still retained both my Hindu and Christian roots. At some point because of a statement of Pope Francis in September 2018,I tried to look away from Christianity because I was disappointed in Pope Francis but my boyfriend Joseph who was an American Catholic encouraged me to not leave Christianity because of the Pope. So I  wandered around a bit and got into Wicca during this period. Wicca gave me a base to sustain without Christianity for some time but then I had the hunger to return to Christ. I knew my depart would be temporary. I was looking for true Christianity and not the Joel Osteen type of Christianity, that is prosperity gospel. I gave up Prosperity Gospel because it didn't serve my purpose. At the same time Martin Luther the German monk changed my view on traditional Catholicism and I decided to adopt the Lutheran style or Protestantism, my knowledge of Christianity is still not full, and I needed a strong background to return back to Christianity, that's when by accident I came across Justin Peters ministry and I became a member and then I began to follow John F. MacArthur while I was in America in early 2019. 

By May 2019, I started using Justin Peters teachings and successfully mounted myself back into Christianity, this time with a firm foundation and no false teachers or money hungry pastors. 

At the same time I realized that Wicca could be in conflict with Christianity so I stayed away from divination practices in Wicca, although currently I think it's okay to do divination and I might pursue divination in the future. 

The good news for me is that the attitude of Americans is changing towards Wicca and very recently the Nevada state okayed the Wiccan symbol on the grave of veteran Sgt. Patrick D. Stewart, he was a follower of the Wiccan religion. 

This article gives me hope for the future of Wiccans in America. At least the American government approved our sacred symbol 

https://www.nysun.com/national/feds-okay-pentagrams-for-veterans-graves/53114/

Witches across America are rejoicing after the Veterans Administration agreed to permit service members to have their graves at military cemeteries marked with a Wiccan symbol known as a pentacle or pentagram.

OK now I finished my background on my religious struggle.. Coming to types of witches. 

These are the main types of witches 

Kitchen witch 

Hedge witch 

Cosmic witch 

Green witch 

Garden witch 

Sea witch 

Elemental witch 

Solitary witch 

Divination witch 

Gardnerian witch 

Alexandrian witch 

Dianic witch 

Forest witch

Elven witch

Dragon Wicca.

Swan Wicca ( I'm the creator/founder of this Wicca, this is my own and personal, not that others follow) 

Kitchen witch - kitchen witch is an informal term for a witch who emphasizes cooking, food, and meal times in her magical practice.

Cooking 

Home routines 

Homemade offerings 

Cleansings

Protection spells 

Hedge witch - the Home and the hearth. She will take care of the home and main interest will be healing her home. This is a house witch. 

Cosmic witch - 

Astrology 

Zodiac signs 

Horoscopes 

Uses Celestial energy. 

I work with astrology myself. Not professional. Just for myself as a hobby. I learn about it every day. 

Green witch - loves nature and the earth

Also called flora witch. 

Works with trees, herbs and flowers. Plants. 

Skilled herbalist and makes herbal remedies. 

Enjoys hiking /trail walking 

Loves animals and wildlife. You can see in my journals I write and post a lot about animals.. 

Enjoys gardening and wild crafting - I enjoy gardening a lot 

Environmentally friendly 

Atttune with Earth's natural cycles 

Has an apothecary full of herbs, roots and oils. 

Can have interest in fae fairies or elves. I have interest in elves. In one of my journals I have focused on different costumes and styles of elves. 

I have elven fantasies. It's a sign that I'm a forest witch. 

Sea witch - ocean, seas, lakes. My journal label Ocean Marina is about being a sea witch. It deals with working with vast water bodies and lunar magic and weather magic. 

I made a journal entry on collecting storm water for my moon magic spell. 

My tarot cards De La Luna deck that I created in my old journal deals with lunar magic. 

Elemental witch - The Elemental Witch, as the name implies, invokes elemental energies as an empowering force for magical goals. They use the Elemental Quartet namely Earth, Air, Water and Fire

I use all elements since I resonate with all elements. 

Under the Elemental Witch we have different categories representing different sentiments and ideas or qualities to which the witch can have an affinity or she could be  a general elemental witch like me. 

4a1yzm.jpg

Solitary witch - this simply means that the witch practices her craft and magic on her own. Some witches belong to a hierarchical group called coven. I don't belong to a coven. I do my stuff alone so I'm a solitary witch. 

Solitary witches make their potions and spells and can write their own book of shadows. 

My goal is to write my own book of shadows. A grimoire is a general book that most witches follow. Right now I don't have a grimoire. I just want my own book. 

Divination witch - they deal with divination or fortune telling.

Tarot cards

Palmistry

I Ching 

Tasseography 

This interferes with my Christianity as in the Bible there are references against divination. So I only do this on a minimal scale. 

I have a pendulum which I use. But generally I work with my several tarot decks that I created in my journals 

Gardnerian witch - I'm a Gardnerian witch. I follow the Horned God. 

Dianic witch - these are similar to Gardnerian, they are more feminine and only worship goddesses. 

Garden witch - same as green witch, but will work more in gardens rather than open spaces. 

Forest witch, elf witch - this is my own category. It's similar to green witch but there I combine fantasy art of Elves into this practice. 

Alexandrian witch - this was started in the 60s by Alex and Maxine Sanders and the Gods are different from Gardnerian traditions 

Elven witch - not popular, very few witches that I was in contact with used elves as inspiration. I use this some times. 

Dragon wicca. - dragon wicca is a very rare form of Wicca which I practice. I consider a dragon my twin guardian. I created the Character  Sairys and Porsairys using   Dragon Wicca. It's somewhere lost in my journals. 

Swan Wicca - this is own personal brand of Wicca I created in the month of September/October 2018. I call it Swan Wicca.. I wasn't very satisfied with the current forms of Wicca and they weren't enough for me so I created my own brand of rituals, spells and tarots. And I labeled it Swan Wicca. It's my sacred practice and I don't share it. 

If I write a book of shadows in the future, I will share Swan Wicca in it. 

All in all, I try to follow and incorporate every form of witch in my life. This is reflected in the various interests in my journals. All of which are witchcraft related. My whole life is about it since I adopted Wicca 

Edited by Preety_India

2 hours ago, bejapuskas said:

What do you think about the statement tantra is not just about sex? 

I'm sorry I don't know much about tantra. Except for the link and info on the internet. 

I'm myself trying to explore tantric sex. So maybe in the future I will know a little more. 

Also I will try to practice tantric sex with my boyfriend somewhere in the future if he is comfortable..then I will know how it exactly works 

I'm open to sexual experimentation with him. He is as well 

Edited by Preety_India

22 hours ago, Keyhole said:

If you were called then shamanism, the prerequisite, is that you would experience a mental illness or a disease that is for the most part untreatable, or a near-death experience.  You would go through a period of loss where you would lose most of your friends perhaps your financial assets, and left pretty much stranded with nothing, followed then by the spirit coming to you and initiating you through a long drawn-out process that no human being can take you through either in waking reality or dreams.

That's standard awakening. God puts him/herself through hell just so realising oneness is 1000x sweeter.

@Keyholebest description of being a shaman that i have read. I should print it out and show it to my psychiatrist.

I used to do rhythmic dancing to Eminem a lot.

33 minutes ago, Keyhole said:

@Artsu Is your psychiatrist trying to convince you that you have a mental condition?

Also I apologize if I'm not understanding the context of what you're saying but is your post a joke?  Sometimes it's hard to tell if someone is being humorous over text so I'm just asking to make sure.

I like some of Eminem's earlier stuff, but not so much the stuff that he's putting out now.  

What were some of your favorite songs of his?

My post was serious (playful but serious). I am forced to take antipsychotics. I have been telling my psychiatrist about shamanism. I think she is starting to get it but it's been a long process.

Eminems relapse album is the best for rhythmic dance. Some of his songs are intricately linked to my episodes. Untouchable for example, due to bizarre synchronicity surrounding it. I also like some d12 stuff like leave dat boy alone.

Revival is a great album, but his stuff after that is kinda boring.

Edited by Artsu

1 hour ago, Keyhole said:

you probably wouldn't know the difference because you ended up having one of those initiations.

I forgot to put in "sounds like a standard awakening" 

but anyway:

???????????????????????????