bejapuskas

Shamanism, healing

66 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

Recently I had some insights into shamanism and healing and I just fell in love with it, my sensitivity is through the roof right now, I am drawing, doing energy practice everyday, about to make a dream board centered around this topic and talking to people from this forum who might know more, so I thought it would also be great to start a thread.

If you guys have any experiences with any kind of retreats (psychedelic or non-psychedelic), books or other resources on this topic, book lists, groups, forums, contacts, maybe even have an experience with studying under a shaman or a healer, I would appreciate just any kind of advice. I really have this strong calling that I need to go down this rabbit hole and develop myself. Be as specific as possible.

PS: I already have the booklist and am reading the books about this Leo has recommended, so no need to send me there :) 

@Keyhole since when is Karin Dreijer a shaman? Haven't you heard of dressing up haha

Divest from the conceptual. Experience the actual.

I haven't watched the whole series yet (just the first 2 episodes), but John Vervaeke's "Awakening From The Meaning Crisis" series on YouTube touches on this in a pretty interesting and eye opening way (at least to me anyways).  He links history, cognitive science, civilizations, shamanism, etc..

Here's the first episode.

I think the second episode touches more on shamanism if I remember correctly.

Edited by Matt23

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

Probably 'The basis of White Magic' by Shunyamurti. This is not about shamanism per se but this might be more interesting and proper since it's available to everyone not called by the spirits (emphasis on pure devotion to God or the higher self and the Angels,  paranormal powers of consciousness etc.). 

Edited by kagaria

explain grammar to an alien ?

3 hours ago, Keyhole said:

If you were called then shamanism, the prerequisite, is that you would experience a mental illness or a disease that is for the most part untreatable, or a near-death experience.  You would go through a period of loss where you would lose most of your friends perhaps your financial assets, and left pretty much stranded with nothing, followed then by the spirit coming to you and initiating you through a long drawn-out process that no human being can take you through either in waking reality or dreams.

I'm still waiting for this spirit to show up, are they lazy or still deciding wherein I shall abide for eternity?

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

@Keyhole  I wonder if ego death and rebirth as a pure spirit are considered part of the shamanic practice? So is the path of devotion to god consciousness the same as the shamanic practice?

4 minutes ago, kagaria said:

@Keyhole  I wonder if ego death and rebirth as a pure spirit are considered part of the shamanic practice? So is the path of devotion to god consciousness the same as the shamanic practice?

Have you been reborn?

If so, what was it like?

There are two things rebirth could mean. It could be being "born again" with the divine love, like Christianity...

However, I did experience ego death and rebirth as part of the Shamanic journey. That's also what self-actualisation is, I think.

@Artsu I try to use words of Shunyamurti. (Haha) Apparently he has developed his own categorical apparatus but Idk. I think that the notion of the pure spirit comes from Christian mysticism.

Edited by kagaria

I used to go to an ayahuasca center here in a rural area of Brazil, and they practiced shamanism there.

I didn't like it, tbh. They were overfixated on "obsessive spirits". I was told there once that the master had a vision of me and that I had "10 obsessive spirits within me, and one of them looked angrily at the shaman." That really gave me a paranoia trip TBH. 

The master there would drink MASSIVE amounts of ayahuasca and would smoke lots of DMT, and she said she was "transmuting the bad spirits from the energy field", but honestly that woman was just... unhealthy IMO. She would twitch here body way too much, she was overly loud and obnoxious at time (she'd say she was incorporating an entity that was blunt), and she was always feeling sick due to the massive amounts of psychedelics in her system. 

I prefer something more subtle. The real indigenous people here are really amazing. There are some songs that make you feel like there are indeed demons coming out of you (at least while you're high on ayahuasca, lol). They're not my thing... but they're really good.

There are other very soft songs, which are my favorites. Some of them sound like lullabies. 

Soft, yet REALLY powerful. It's great for emotional release. Here's an example: 

So basically, shamanism is great as long as it is the authentic shamanism. There are a lot of rip-offs nowadays... 

Edited by kag101

one day this will all be memories

6 minutes ago, kag101 said:

There are a lot of rip-offs nowadays... 

Indeed.

41 minutes ago, kagaria said:

@Artsu I try to use words of Shunyamurti. (Haha) Apparently he has developed his own categorical apparatus but Idk. I think that the notion of the pure spirit comes from Christian mysticism.

I was hoping to hear of it in your own words.

That guy strikes me as evil. Gurus often do.

@Artsu whatever you imagine, I don't care

9 minutes ago, Artsu said:

That guy strikes me as evil. Gurus often do.

1 minute ago, kagaria said:

@Artsu whatever you imagine, I don't care

Not the sort of response I was thinking I would see from you...

Carry on then.

@Artsu I was talking about your prejudice of Shunyamurti . He is not a bad guru. Not even a person at all.

1 minute ago, kagaria said:

@Artsu I was talking about your prejudice of Shunyamurti . He is not a bad guru. Not even a person at all.

What do you mean "not even a person"?

Is it prejudice if I had no opinion of him before watching the video. It would be quick-judice, not pre-judice.

@Artsu okay. By 'not even a person' i mean pure consciousness. Read his online blog where he talks about salvation, breaking the bubble of the ego and achieving god consciousness. The ego (or the person) cannot achieve gnosis because it's too ineffable for the mind. 'So We must enter the heart'. Shunyamurti speaks directly from the source of divine love. As far as I can tell, there is less mental masturbation in his teachings which are available online for free. He also talks about how different religions or teachings refer to that higher self, be it Christ or Allah or the Dao etc.

Edited by kagaria

3 minutes ago, kagaria said:

@Artsu okay. By 'not even a person' i mean pure consciousness. Read his online blog where he talks about salvation, breaking the bubble of the ego and achieving god consciousness. The ego (or the person) cannot achieve gnosis because it's too ineffable for the mind. 'We must enter the heart's. Shunyamurti speaks directly from the source of divine love. As far as I can tell there is less mental masturbation in his teachings which are available online for free. He also discusses about how different religions or teachings refer to that higher self, be it Christ or Allah or the Dao etc.

Can you please elaborate on what you mean by him speaking from the source of divine love? The source of divine love is God. You think he is in touch with God?

My read said otherwise. I can try other videos, but it was a strong read.

Btw, Christ means something like the perfection of divine love in an individual. Jesus was the first Christ, and while there have been others, Earth has not seen a great deal of them. Perhaps a few thousand?

(I'm not sure how strict this forum is with off-topic posts, but this relates to the Shamanic journey in terms of choosing a guru/whatever, and the relation with divine love and so forth)

Edited by Artsu

@Artsu

Yes he was among the ones who were courageous enough to make the journey to God consciousness to the end. 
Divine love is when you understand that love = desire minus ego. He also emphasized the importance of the real work over empty theoretical reasoning. As the times of tribulation arise, it becomes even more urgent to get to the Real. To pop the ego and to unite with the supreme self.

13 minutes ago, Artsu said:

Btw, Christ means something like the perfection of divine love in an individual. Jesus was the first Christ, and while there have been others, Earth has not seen a great deal of them. Perhaps a few thousand?

Not sure about that.

Edited by kagaria