Vipassana

Connor Murphy's 40 day fast is ending!

19 posts in this topic

Deep respects to this guy man. Awake or not, props to this guy for letting his body builder identity go and do this fast for spirituality. Really challenges the stage orange paradigm. 

I just hope he knows about ego backlashes ?

Edited by Vipassana

@Vipassana What was the purpose of the fast? 

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

@Space raise his own consciousness & open the mind of his viewers to new possibilities. 

46 minutes ago, Vipassana said:

Deep respects to this guy man. Awake or not, props to this guy for letting his body builder identity go and do this fast for spirituality. Really challenges the stage orange paradigm. 

This I definitely wasn’t expecting him to complete. Props to him. However, the hard work is what proceeds. Hopefully it humbled him and purifies his online social notoriety.

Wow this is unbelievable! This is awesome how a person can change so fast.
So many of us are eating for pleasure(dopamine spikes) and it seems that he got pretty addicted to social media.(I'm not sure if he was like that before or not.)

Anyway a big inspiration. He transcended so many biological needs that I didn't thoughts it's even possible.

I knew he would make it, respect to Conor for being his true self.

So does he have any sitting mediation filmed over this 40 day period? 

It's pretty insane that he actually did it (assuming he didn't cheat, don't think so personally). I watched the videos of him transitioning to spirituality after his DMT trip and felt it was kinda rushed and that he wouldn't pull it off.

Also I'd like to point out just how fucked up and twisted it is that his stream has age-restrictions on it for simply peacefully fasting LOL?!?!

I would be willing to bet large sums of money that if some ethnically Asian Buddhist decided to live stream their own fast, YouTube wouldn't have balls to apply the same kind of rules to them :D

Shows you the confused confliction within their world view. Apparently it's too dangerous to show white people how they could venture into the spiritual domain via fasting, but everyone else can do it because it's historically apart of their culture lol?

hrhrhtewgfegege

40 day fast is crazy and probably somewhat dangerous.  

I did 8 days on a retreat once and had to stop because I started to become ill.

Sorry to be negative.  Good for him, that takes serious discipline.

Edited by Heart of Space

Connor Murphy :

"I actually gained a good seven pounds of like pure fat beforehand for two weeks
I ate like 7,000 plus calories a day just to make sure that I had enough fat."

@Nak Khid Well he live streamed the whole thing and meditated everyday 

He uploaded a clip similar to mine lmao 

@Vipassana  If you google "40 day fast" there are a many people who have done in, some people longer 55 days etc 

I dont' see what is particularly spiritual about this one with Connor Murphy other than he says it was. 

He was acting like he was a enlightened a short while ago and here he is excited he did 3 hours on a particular day and this loungey position is not even proper.  Comparatively you did a whole three weeks sitting in the proper position each day 3 hours straight (right?) 

Edited by Nak Khid

@Nak Khid yessir I did & i'm sure he had his own concepts & intention to do it for spiritual reasons although I think the point for fasting for spirituality should be to detach from food temporarily & soak in the wisdom that you're not your body, nor you are the hunger but as he mentioned, he spent the whole time thinking and planning about his food which does make him seem like a complete noob and also, he pretty much lost all credibility when he was going insane a few months ago. He might have felt the need to do this to redeem himself in the public view. Nevertheless, he did accomplish the whole 40 days which is pretty significant, especially considering his survival as the old Connor dependent on his massive physique. But its still not over because 'any fool can fast but it takes a wise man to break a fast properly' 

4 hours ago, Vipassana said:

@Nak KhidNevertheless, he did accomplish the whole 40 days which is pretty significant, especially considering his survival as the old Connor dependent on his massive physique. But its still not over because 'any fool can fast but it takes a wise man to break a fast properly' 

I do think it is impressive. What he said is that after 7 days  the rest felt pretty much no struggle.   I did a fast once about a week and that is what happened to me after about 4 or 5 days I felt like I could keep going. 
But you do get very weak, I didn't like the feeling after a while but had adapted to it   

Back before the says of the internet if someone mentioned a 40 day fast I might have a hard time even believing it. Now you type in 40 days fast in youtube and you see quite a few people have done it. There's one with an obese guy who did it for weight loss 55 days.  
Then it becomes not as impressive when you see some of these people who have done it, some not fat. 
cold showers are another physical thing to do, it's always a shock at the beginning but them the body heats up and tranquilizes 

Starting in June 1965, Scottish man Angus Barbieri  fasted for 382 days. He lived on tea, coffee, soda water and vitamins, living at home in Tayport, Scotland, and frequently visiting Maryfield Hospital for medical evaluation. He lost 276 pounds (125 kg) and set a record for the length of a fast.

For 382 days ending on 11 July 1966, he consumed only vitamins, electrolytes, and zero-calorie beverages such as tea, coffee, and sparkling water, although he occasionally consumed small amounts of milk and/or sugar with the beverages, especially during the final weeks of the fast. He quit working at his father's fish and chip shop, which closed down during the fast. Barbieri's starting weight was recorded at 456 pounds (207 kg) and he stopped fasting when he reached his goal weight of 180 pounds (82 kg). He only defecated once every 37 to 48 days.

His 382-day fast sets a world record. Yet, he was not aware that he had fully developed 
Sustained-upregulated-autophagy ( SUA ) in his body, and regular restrictive eating was necessary for his body condition.  He had obviously developed atypical anorexia nervosa after the long fasting.  This was reflected by the fact that, five years later after the fasting he had only regained 16 pounds (7.3 kg) . which is quite unusual, indicating that he could not resume normal eating after the fast and had eaten irregularly and fasting occasionally. If he ate normally after the long fasting he would have regained his weight back in these five years. After his weight loss, he moved to Warwick and had two sons. Barbieri died in September 1990 aged 51

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.diabetes.co.uk%2Fblog%2F2018%2F02%2Fstory-angus-barbieri-went-382-days-without-eating%2F&psig=AOvVaw2HOuqfFWIUUd-wXL9Ci_la&ust=1595662334658000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAIQjRxqFwoTCJiur8ev5eoCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD

(Before and after photo) 

Autophagy

Edited by Nak Khid

18 hours ago, Vipassana said:

/Cam 4

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

7 hours ago, Keyhole said:

Wow that's amazing I'm really happy for him, he accomplished something really incredible, especially after what he was going through a few months ago. 

I hope everything works out for him and that he has a good spiritual path without too much suffering.

Good luck Connor.

Spiritual practice is the attempt of the ultimate to pretend it's gaining the ultimate,  but its the ultimate before even the practice starts #pathlesspath

I don't think the fast brings him any closer, but what do I know.  I think the fasting comes from those days when they equated the spiritual attainment with denying the body. 

Edited by Dodo

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

This is a quote from the Law of One that explains how fasting can be used I think its fitting in this topic : 

41.21 Questioner: You mentioned in the last session that fasting was a method of removing unwanted thought-forms. Can you expand on this process and explain a little more about how this works?

Ra: I am Ra. This, as all healing techniques, must be used by a conscious being; that is, a being conscious that the ridding of excess and unwanted material from the body complex is the analogy to the ridding of mind or spirit of excess or unwanted material. Thus the one discipline or denial of the unwanted portion as an appropriate part of the self is taken through the tree of mind down through the trunk to subconscious levels where the connection is made and thus the body, mind, and spirit, then in unison, express denial of the excess or unwanted spiritual or mental material as part of the entity.

All then falls away and the entity, while understanding, if you will, and appreciating the nature of the rejected material as part of the greater self, nevertheless, through the action of the will purifies and refines the mind/body/spirit complex, bringing into manifestation the desired mind complex or spirit complex attitude.

On 24.7.2020 at 3:42 PM, wavydude said:

This is a quote from the Law of One that explains how fasting can be used I think its fitting in this topic : 

41.21 Questioner: You mentioned in the last session that fasting was a method of removing unwanted thought-forms. Can you expand on this process and explain a little more about how this works?

Ra: I am Ra. This, as all healing techniques, must be used by a conscious being; that is, a being conscious that the ridding of excess and unwanted material from the body complex is the analogy to the ridding of mind or spirit of excess or unwanted material. Thus the one discipline or denial of the unwanted portion as an appropriate part of the self is taken through the tree of mind down through the trunk to subconscious levels where the connection is made and thus the body, mind, and spirit, then in unison, express denial of the excess or unwanted spiritual or mental material as part of the entity.

All then falls away and the entity, while understanding, if you will, and appreciating the nature of the rejected material as part of the greater self, nevertheless, through the action of the will purifies and refines the mind/body/spirit complex, bringing into manifestation the desired mind complex or spirit complex attitude.

awesome

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.