TrustTheProcess

How New Zealand Tackled COVID

25 posts in this topic

But MA FREEDOM!!!

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

52 minutes ago, louhad said:

stage green leadership right here. Kiwis should be proud. 

Stopping China will not be so easy I guess.

Yeah everything is pretty much back to normal here apart from international travel :)

If all travel is grounded and everyone (except utility workers, medics and first responders) gets a 1 months stockpile of food and stays in their home (or quarantine trailer/other makeshift accommodation for the homeless) for an entire month, it would get rid of the virus. Like a great purge. Not a chance in the summer, but during colder weather and shorter days, with higher susceptibility to illness and people more prone to being inside anyways, I'm sure some countries will try this strategy. 

On a related note, the reason it's gotten out of control here in California is because people are gathering together outside, at restaurants, in yards, and having even more get-togethers inside homes. Makes sense though, I'm a loner myself but normal people go nuts isolated, and were like fuck this shit, let's enjoy summer, hang out and hook up. Yet the government is citing a few cherrypicked examples of business who didn't follow the rules to justify shutting it down again. Masks and spacing were required everywhere inside or in crowded places already, so that wasn't the problem, it's the private house parties that spread it.

But muh freedoms. This isn't the UK or where police can go door to door to make sure you're not having anyone over for tea and crumpets.

6 minutes ago, XYZ said:

If all travel is grounded and everyone (except utility workers, medics and first responders) gets a 1 months stockpile of food and stays in their home (or quarantine trailer/other makeshift accommodation for the homeless) for an entire month, it would get rid of the virus.

Getting rid of this virus is thankfully nowhere as difficult. Do inform yourself about how civilized people have solved problems. The trouble with pathogens against which people aren't vaccinated is that they keep importing them from less fortunate places.

11 minutes ago, XYZ said:

Masks and spacing were required everywhere inside or in crowded places already, so that wasn't the problem, it's the private house parties that spread it.

Masks and spacing do not stop this virus unfortunately. In some situations, masks and spacing lower its ability to spread enough that it drops under the epidemic threshold but you can't take that for granted. Likewise house parties needn't be prevented if you can stop enough people form moving around and gathering for other reasons. The problem is never going to be with a few specific things but with the big picture.

4 minutes ago, commie said:

Masks and spacing do not stop this virus unfortunately.

Stop spreading bullshit here.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Ban me if you've got a problem with facts.

30 minutes ago, Loving Radiance said:

@Epikur  Please elaborate.

NZ is a small island. So it's easy to handle the virus.

When bigger problems come like China they will not be able to solve it that easy.

1 hour ago, commie said:

Getting rid of this virus is thankfully nowhere as difficult. Do inform yourself about how civilized people have solved problems. The trouble with pathogens against which people aren't vaccinated is that they keep importing them from less fortunate places.

Masks and spacing do not stop this virus unfortunately. In some situations, masks and spacing lower its ability to spread enough that it drops under the epidemic threshold but you can't take that for granted. Likewise house parties needn't be prevented if you can stop enough people form moving around and gathering for other reasons. The problem is never going to be with a few specific things but with the big picture.

Bro, from what i've seen, it is mainly your country (US) who has this belief that masks are useless and the virus is a hoax.

And see the statistics for yourself, your country so far has the biggest number of cases, deaths and economic loss.

This is what your beliefs costed you, mate. I'd think twice before listening to some hoax propagander who says virus doesn't exist and masks are useless

16 minutes ago, Hello from Russia said:

your country (US)

What do you hope insults are going to achieve?

16 minutes ago, Hello from Russia said:

masks are useless

I would suggest remedial reading comprehension classes if I didn't think you had an entirely different problem.

@commie "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain. 9_9

Jacinda is my woman crush:x

9 hours ago, commie said:

5ebab1fbdad63.image.png

8 hours ago, Hello from Russia said:

Bro, from what i've seen, it is mainly your country (US) who has this belief that masks are useless and the virus is a hoax.

And see the statistics for yourself, your country so far has the biggest number of cases, deaths and economic loss.

This is what your beliefs costed you, mate. I'd think twice before listening to some hoax propagander who says virus doesn't exist and masks are useless

but...'MURICA

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it" -Rumi

@Epikur Who taught you to be so scared of Chinese humans?  Have you studied their history? And if so, what's there that makes you so sure of their intentions?

Edited by roar

I wonder if the US was always going to have problems controlling a virus like this -- relative to other countries -- because of how large we are and how many international airport hubs we have. Not that the administration's response has been anything less than inept, of course. But I do figure this was going to be pretty bad for us no matter what.

4 hours ago, roar said:

@Epikur Who taught you to be so scared of Chinese humans?  Have you studied their history? And if so, what's there that makes you so sure of their intentions?

Yes I did. Start with Tibet and Taiwan.

9 hours ago, Epikur said:

Yes I did. Start with Tibet and Taiwan

That's a bit shortsighted.  Tibet and Taiwan is more like the endpoint, rather than the start.  Maybe you should move the timeline a little further back?  You do know what the taiwanese people are?  500 years ago China was the richest, most civilized nation on earth.  What happened to them?  Maybe if you learnt some history, you'd get a better perspective.

Edited by roar

On 18.7.2020 at 4:02 PM, roar said:

That's a bit shortsighted.  Tibet and Taiwan is more like the endpoint, rather than the start.  Maybe you should move the timeline a little further back?  You do know what the taiwanese people are?  500 years ago China was the richest, most civilized nation on earth.  What happened to them?  Maybe if you learnt some history, you'd get a better perspective.

Maybe you should not make so many assumptions. I know their history so what?  The point nowadays is they want to grab some land which may not belong to them. So what to do about it?