Elshaddai

Moving walls while meditating

20 posts in this topic

After my psychdelic trip I decided to meditate more consistently.

As I am meditating I notice something that is to me shocking and unbelievable: The wall in front of me at starts to change and morph, as if i'm still tripping!

Now i'm sure some people will think i've completely lost my mind, and maybe I have, but what i'm saying is true i've medtitated twice and the walls start doing their own thing. Kinda freaks me out actually.

I will definitely meditate again and look more into this phenomena.

Am I alone in this? Has this happened to anyone before?

@LovingYou You mean if took one  normal dose of LSD and it needed 5 years until you felt it was out of your system?

How did you feel this chemical in your body during these years?

Very interestig, I also feel sometimes like my head is on a little LSD sometimes during sober day (I take every 2 month).

Just now, OBEler said:

@LovingYou You mean if took one  normal dose of LSD and it needed 5 years until you felt it was out of your system?

How did you feel this chemical in your body during these years?

Very interestig, I also feel sometimes like my head is on a little LSD sometimes during sober day (I take every 2 month).

I took 3 tabs and it took me roughly 5 years to stop feeling the flashback-trips. They would usually pop up during meditation, which is what leads me to suspect that meditating kind of... smooths out the kinks that LSD leaves in the system. When those kinks get smoothed out, the LSD is freed and then passes through the system. Kind of like popping an LSD zit. :P

That's been my experience :)) 

this happens to me when i stare at something for a long time

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

Yeah, happens to me quite frequently.  Definitely a few years ago when I was doing an hour or so a day.  Now I get it pretty instantly when I sit down and do a regular 10-20 minute meditation where I look at the wall (or w/e) in front of me and, instead of focusing on one object with concentration and precision, I try to use peripheral vision and a "wider lens" so to speak.  During this I also try to imagine that I don't exist.  

Leo said, if I remember correctly, that he knows he's meditating correctly if this is happening (the moving walls n such).

Edited by Matt23

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

This is fairly normal during zazen which is sitting and doing nothing while facing a wall. Pretty interesting stuff. 

5 hours ago, LovingYou said:

The human body  take a long time to process psychedelics out of the system. Since meditation triggers similar pathways, little pockets of residual psychedelic chemicals are being freed up and sent through your system, which gives you a short mini-trip experience. I don't know exactly how long it takes for your body to finish processing those chemicals completely, but for me it took many years. Roughly 5 years I would say with LSD, assuming you don't take more during those 5 years :)) 

This is just my opinion btw, I'm not a doctor or a biochemist.

This is absolute bollocks, it 100% does not take that long to process psychedelics out of the system. There are not residual psychedelic chemicals stored in pockets in your body. Plainly speaking, that's just not how the body, or drugs, work.

In a metaphorical way there is some truth to this though - a psychedelic trip, like any intense experience, can have a lasting psychological impact, which will vary radically from one person to the next, from one experience to the next.

Just like some people might never get over their first lost love, or need many years to heal, some people will be impacted for life by a profound psychedelic experience. Personally, I'm currently still processing (in a good way) some peak experiences from 2013, 2016, and even earlier. I'll probably always be reminded of the subtle beauty of nature and the reality we find ourselves in every time I see a fern unfurling in the spring, because of an acid trip from 1999.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

6 hours ago, Elshaddai said:

As I am meditating I notice something that is to me shocking and unbelievable: The wall in front of me at starts to change and morph, as if i'm still tripping!

Now i'm sure some people will think i've completely lost my mind, and maybe I have, but what i'm saying is true i've medtitated twice and the walls start doing their own thing. Kinda freaks me out actually.

This is a normal visual effect, that most people normally ignore. Sometimes psychedelics expose visual quirks that we normally edit out of our awareness, and then once you notice them, due to a psychedelic experience opening you up to how you actually perceive the world, you'll continue to notice it afterwards.

It's to do with "persistence of vision", and holding your eyes still in a meditation setting.

I had the same thing happen with a slight astigmatism in my eyes that causes the spectrum of light sources like streetlights at night to become broken up a bit in a cross pattern. It took a mushroom trip before I noticed it, now I always see it because it's always there and I had just been ignoring it my whole life.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

6 hours ago, LovingYou said:

The human body  take a long time to process psychedelics out of the system. Since meditation triggers similar pathways, little pockets of residual psychedelic chemicals are being freed up and sent through your system, which gives you a short mini-trip experience. I don't know exactly how long it takes for your body to finish processing those chemicals completely, but for me it took many years. Roughly 5 years I would say with LSD, assuming you don't take more during those 5 years :)) 

This is just my opinion btw, I'm not a doctor or a biochemist.

This doesn't sound right. The half life of these substances is short. It's like the myth that LSD causes flashbacks because it stays in your system. If it has any permanent effects, it's probably because it's rewiring your brain/body, not because it's staying in your system.

Visual distortion, things morphing is normal when staring at something for a longer time. 

I've always had that. 

Everyday when I meditate I see contrast going up, down, things morphing a bit, other visual distortions. 

I started meditating way before my first psychedelic trip so it has nothing to do with psychedelics. Maybe you just became sensitive to it after the trip?

Oh and btw: Flashbacks go into the category of trauma psychology. If there is a extremely intense experience (can be positive or negative) that isn't fully processed, it can be triggered and the mind recreates that experience just as it was. The mind remembers such experiences in a different way. Read about the recovery stories of victims of heavy abuse, this will give insight about how the mind works and deals with extreme situations. 

Sounds to me like you're seeing beyond the illusion of solid matter.

Something like what this video talks about.

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

On 16.7.2020 at 1:23 AM, Consilience said:

This is fairly normal during zazen which is sitting and doing nothing while facing a wall. Pretty interesting stuff. 

This is exactly what I did to cause it.

So from reading everything you guys wrote I see this completly normal and common so it's somewhat of a relief like the walls are moving, no big deal:P

On 7/15/2020 at 10:45 PM, Elshaddai said:

I usually meditate while lying down and in a dark room. My experience has been that after a point I can feel my "spirit" body beating against the physical body like heartbeats. The more I stay with it, I can feel the whole room beating in and out of me. The first time it happened, I thought I found some super power, now it's normal. Also, it keeps the mind away. We have our ways :)

Edited by VincentArogya
grammar

12 minutes ago, Elshaddai said:

8 minutes ago, VincentArogya said:

I usually meditate while lying down and in a dark room. My experience has been that after a point I can feel my "spirit" body beating against the physical body like heartbeats. The more I stay with it, I can feel the whole room beating in and out of me. The first time it happened, I thought I found some super power, now it's normal. Also, it keeps the mind away. We have our ways :)

I feel some kind of body distortion very often. I think our normal sensory perceptions are getting shut down.

3 minutes ago, An young being said:

I feel some kind of body distortion very often. I think our normal sensory perceptions are getting shut down.

Probe into it and don't think that you're just going off your rockers. Never know what you might stumble upon.

8 minutes ago, VincentArogya said:

Probe into it and don't think that you're just going off your rockers. Never know what you might stumble upon.

Yeah, but it was a good experience to develop interest and create a strong habit of meditation.

it's that time when singers says ;) :P:

Wanna break out
Think I've had enough
The walls are caving in
And my thick skin is feeling kinda thin 

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

On 20.7.2020 at 5:03 PM, VincentArogya said:

That's a very strange way to meditate i'll try it out! Do you just lie in bed or on the floor in a dark room?

On 7/15/2020 at 4:45 PM, tesla said:

This doesn't sound right. The half life of these substances is short. It's like the myth that LSD causes flashbacks because it stays in your system. If it has any permanent effects, it's probably because it's rewiring your brain/body, not because it's staying in your system.

In deep meditation, sometimes you will create visual mental constructs with the help of the pineal gland's endogenous DMT and its function as the mind's eye.

Those flashbacks sound like you were affected by a bad trip or a part of you is refusing to go deeper into meditation.

On 22.7.2020 at 10:20 AM, XeRnOg said:

Those flashbacks sound like you were affected by a bad trip or a part of you is refusing to go deeper into meditation.

Very interesting that you say that, because I think my trips were very positive experiences without any negativity at all!