Nak Khid

would you rather be creative or wise?

19 posts in this topic

would you rather be highly creative and only slightly wise 

or be very wise but not not particularly creative? 

wise :)

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.”

― Albert Einstein ?

2 hours ago, Nak Khid said:

would you rather be highly creative and only slightly wise 

or be very wise but not not particularly creative? 

Id rather be highly creative and highly wise. Why would I choose to be anything less than the best I can be. God can be limited by just a thought. 

Is all that we see or seem

But a dream within a dream?

- Edgar Allen Poe 

Wisdom entails spontaneous creativity. A wise man is creative enough to deal with scenarios. The question is what is your definition of creativity? Is it relative creativity like art, dance, or other physical skills or internal creativity, which is channelizing and transmutating?

5 minutes ago, VincentArogya said:

Wisdom entails spontaneous creativity. A wise man is creative enough to deal with scenarios. The question is what is your definition of creativity? Is it relative creativity like art, dance, or other physical skills or internal creativity, which is channelizing and transmutating?

I mean creativity in the arts or sciences, new theories, inventions etc  

not a wise person assessing a new situation  and applying  what might be age old timeless wisdom about it

14 minutes ago, Nak Khid said:

I mean creativity in the arts or sciences, new theories, inventions etc  

not a wise person assessing a new situation  and applying  what might be age old timeless wisdom about it

I feel that if you have the necessary knowledge, tools, time, and drive, then by all means venture into all fields. But, also know that an illiterate wise man is just as much creative by doing nothing.

Some Monks make art but is often prohibited. If they make art it is often within religious or spiritual tradition guidelines not a personal expression of theirs. 

Creative pursuits are considered by them as another type of distraction an attachment 

And with creative people, some of them have been quite unbalanced with psychological problems. Yet they can produce fantastic art.

Some people may have both talents,  but most with such talents are more weighted to one or the other 

Edited by Nak Khid

I don't understand the question; the more wisdom I gain the more creative I am! They're very interrelated for me.

10 minutes ago, Ry4n said:

I don't understand the question; the more wisdom I gain the more creative I am! They're very interrelated for me.

Think of the wisest people you have ever heard or read the writings of 

Then think of the most creative artistic things you have seen or heard or innovative ideas talked about 

Wisdom is not about new things like creativity.  It's about understanding timeless, ancient truths.

This is not about what you talents are. It's about if either wisdom or creativity could be magically enhanced in you
but you could only choose one what would it be? 

I don't want to be this or that.

"I should've been a statistic, but decided to go against all odds instead. What if?" - David Goggins.