Leo Gura

Resources For INTP's

169 posts in this topic

I’m an ENFP, and I think Leo is one as well. (Don’t type yourself and others purely on the stereotypical descriptions of the type floating around, but learn to recognize the cognitive functions in play)

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

On 21/06/2020 at 11:00 PM, Yog said:

As an INTJ, I approve this meme.

I would never bring you coffee.

You're delusional ???

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

[retracted post] this would be great for an INTP Examples Mega-Thread 

Edited by Leo Gura
Retracted post

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

The mbti sucks, don't find this assessment elpful at all...

Edited by Megan Alecia

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

MBTI is just a test based on cognitive functions.

You can learn more about personality types using Socionics model. There is a lot of interesting things like intertype relationships.  Types remain the same, except you have to switch j/p for introverts.

https://www.sociotype.com/socionics/

https://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/content.php/21-type-descriptions

Here you can get some information in video format

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwDMHnX27nKBmmbD1V_7gwQ

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9pn85pLj-mRfr6x6aOtOjw

Edited by Username

14 hours ago, Shin said:

I would never bring you coffee.

You're delusional ???

You are mistaken !
We will brew it together!

Just now, Yog said:

You are mistaken !
We will brew it together!

Together ?

There is no together with an Intj.

There is social distancing debate ?

God is love

And God in them

15 hours ago, Shin said:

The only reason Walter wanted Gale to quit is because he recognized his brilliance and could foresee the fact that he was going to get replaced (Ni), which is why he wanted Jesse back ^_^

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

4 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

The only reason Walter wanted Gale to quit is because he recognized his brilliance and could foresee the fact that he was going to get replaced (Ni), which is why he wanted Jesse back ^_^

Walter was the Intj ?

Cause he made lots of dumb decisions ?

So much arrogance and ego ???

God is love

And God in them

1 hour ago, Shin said:

Walter was the Intj ?

Cause he made lots of dumb decisions ?

So much arrogance and ego ???

Are you saying INTJ's are enlightened? :D

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

43 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Are you saying INTJ's are enlightened? :D

I would have said, above everyone and bend the knee.

But a spiritual ego suits us well too.

?

God is love

And God in them

As an INTP.. this is a mess.  

Oh.. and, since I'm here.  Is there a correlation between INTP and Yellow?

It's like INTP is the natural evolution of the INTJ.  But I'm sure absolutely no one else sees this connection..

(Yeah, plenty of exception e.g. Andrew Yang, but even then, being driven for anything is almost always gonna be immature)

You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

@nitramadas I'd say possibly.

MBTI is a system we unjustifiably superimpose on reality. And so I think the way to judge what you're asking is to observe other people who are INTPs, rather than deduce it from pure theory. 

From my experience, I think being INTP gives you a better chance of being yellow. But it's not a guarantee. I've seen many INTP get trapped in orange, and in their autism they vehemently deny spirituality, and all femininity otherwise. 

But that said. I think "Ti" as a cognitive function makes one more likely to transcend orange and reach yellow. Compared to Te users who will triple and quadruple down on their autism as absolute metaphysical truth. (Te users aren't Ne users, and Ne users are the most open minded of any group. On average ofc) 

I can say this about myself. I jumped from orange to yellow very quickly, skipping green or having a green shadow. Because I've always been very philosophical and open minded. And then later, and now, I have to go back and look at green. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

@nitramadas INTJs are very different from INTP. They share no cognitive functions. 

3 minutes ago, lmfao said:

@nitramadas I'd say possibly.

MBTI is a system we unjustifiably superimpose on reality. And so I think the way to judge what you're asking is to observe other people who are INTPs, rather than deduce it from pure theory. 

From my experience, I think being INTP gives you a better chance of being yellow. But it's not a guarantee. I've seen many INTP get trapped in orange, and in their autism they vehemently deny spirituality, and all femininity otherwise. 

But that said. I think "Ti" as a cognitive function makes one more likely to transcend orange and reach yellow. Compared to Te users who will triple and quadruple down on their autism as absolute metaphysical truth. (Te users aren't Ne users, and Ne users are the most open minded of any group) 

I can say this about myself. I jumped from orange to yellow very quickly, skipping green or having a green shadow. Because I've always been very philosophical and open minded. And then later, and now, I have to go back and look at green. 

w-what?! You're telling me.. you're a Yellow INTP?  Ayyyyyy!  

Yeah, pretty much my thoughts.  Though I don't know many INTPs, and considering INTP is the more open-minded and curious INTJ I think it's worth investigating this "pure theory" : )  It happens to align closer to Yellow values than INTJ (or probably every other type too).

I wonder if you really skipped Green or if it's just expressed differently in INTPs.  A Green INTP is still gonna be introverted and theoretical.

Uh yeah, pure theory still important. Was just making the quick side point that it's often more important to observe the external effects and patterns that arise from a system rather than trying to infer what they should be in a theoretical ideal. Just a side point to be weighted in. 

Don't ask me about spiral dynamics green bro I have no clue. I'm all for removal of prejudice embedded into society, how fields of knowledge can be indistinguishable from power (rather than endeavours in truth for the sake of truth) , self acceptance and all that feminine healing stuff, but politics has put me off from it all. 

Edited by lmfao

24 minutes ago, lmfao said:

@nitramadas INTJs are very different from INTP. They share no cognitive functions. 

Uhh, this is where it gets complicated.  I see types and functions as different models.  If someone is clearly introverted, they are an Ixxx, functions are not taken into account.  Like it or not, this is how the model tends to be used and is how it should be used, as you can't say someone is introverted, but actually, they're extraverted "because of some technicality you'll have to look up".  

Besides that, they are both INTx.  That says a lot.  The reason I get along with INTJs is because of their INTx nature.  The example I used earlier, Andrew Yang, he's introverted, intuitive and thinking.. THAT is the important bit.  That his thinking is extraverted doesn't bother me much, it still means he's a "thinking man".

Edited by nitramadas

@nitramadas Okay so this is coming down to the significance of what "XXXX" represents. There are two answers but it's probably something gray. But I strongly default to one of the answers than the other. 

Some people view XXXX as representing your position on 4 scales of measurement. 4 dimensions, like scales from 0 to 100 for the dichotomies (I vs E, S vs N,.. Etc).

I think this is very problematic if you look at the history of MBTI and cognitive functions, and I see this as people's attempt to fuse Big Five Traits into MBTI, when they aren't the same thing. 

I tend to view XXXX as nothing but a code for what function stack you have. There are a set of rules by which you read XXXX to determine the function stack. (and those set of rules and the resulting function stack don't negate the validity of seeing XXXX as scales, since xxTx will always have a thinking function near the top) 

I see it as the more comprehensive and consistent way of phrasing it, not being completely mutually exclusive to phrasing it as 4 dimensions for the sake of understanding things easier. But not being the same either. 

----

The 16 personalities website is an abomination to me. They openly say on their webpage that everything they're measuring is Big Five Traits, and that they use MBTI language to tell you what your Big Five Results are. (hence they added that extra turbulent vs assertive axis for neuroticism which is nowhere in mbti) 

The Big Five Traits model is all about measuring your position on 5 dimensions. I keep it separate from MBTI albeit there is overlap and correlations between your result in one model and your result in the other. But they are correlations and not perfect ones either. 

---

I don't think or care much about MBTI more anymore, this is like a reservoir of data I just have. It's not an important model I operate from or think about anymore. 

Edited by lmfao

25 minutes ago, lmfao said:

@nitramadas Okay so this is coming down to the significance of what "XXXX" represents. There are two answers but it's probably something gray. But I strongly default to one of the answers than the other. 

Some people view XXXX as representing your position on 4 scales of measurement. 4 dimensions, like scales from 0 to 100 for the dichotomies (I vs E, S vs N,.. Etc).

I think this is very problematic if you look at the history of MBTI and cognitive functions, and I see this as people's attempt to fuse Big Five Traits into MBTI, when they aren't the same thing. 

I tend to view XXXX as nothing but a code for what function stack you have. There are a set of rules by which you read XXXX to determine the function stack. (and those set of rules and the resulting function stack don't negate the validity of seeing XXXX as scales, since xxTx will always have a thinking function near the top) 

I see it as the more comprehensive and consistent way of phrasing it, not being completely mutually exclusive to phrasing it as 4 dimensions for the sake of understanding things easier. But not being the same either. 

----

The 16 personalities website is an abomination to me. They openly say on their webpage that everything they're measuring is Big Five Traits, and that they use MBTI language to tell you what your Big Five Results are. (hence they added that extra turbulent vs assertive axis for neuroticism which is nowhere in mbti) 

The Big Five Traits model is all about measuring your position on 5 dimensions. I keep it separate from MBTI albeit there is overlap and correlations between your result in one model and your result in the other. But they are correlations and not perfect ones either. 

---

I don't think or care much about MBTI more anymore, this is like a reservoir of data I just have. It's not an important model I operate from or think about anymore. 

So if you have 5 second to type someone, you decide to try to work out their 8 functions?  lol.

The MBTI model + SD stage + TriType are the central points of reference I use for people.  Controversial?  Sure, among INTx, but being the intuitive type, I've developed strong "feelings" for each MBTI & stage.  I'm pretty damn accurate at understanding people with this.  (e.g.  A week ago some random guy wrote like 2 generic sentences, I told him his MBTI and stage, "100%" he says.  Typing is fun.)  TriType then helps me narrow it down very finely.  

From what little I've seen, you may be slightly more likely to be a "healthy Orange", though you're a little atypical and not as easy to type as most people.  (Mandatory: Could be wrong..)