Florian

What is fighting?

20 posts in this topic

What is fighting? 

What is going on at the core when two boxers fight in the ring, two wolves fight for leadership, a rhino fights with an elephant or any other fight?

Do all fights have something familliar? What makes the winner and the loser? What role does survival play in this? Is there more to it then survival? How does it work? What other forms of fighting are there?

@Florian Survival mechanism, you get angry or scared and try to kill or injure what alarmed you because they are a potential threat. Boxing may be different in the sense that you are not only protecting your physical body but also a virtual identity of being good at boxing. It is just some sort of ego trying to survive basically.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

On 6/18/2020 at 6:21 PM, Osaid said:

@Florian Survival mechanism, you get angry or scared and try to kill or injure what alarmed you because they are a potential threat. Boxing may be different in the sense that you are not only protecting your physical body but also a virtual identity of being good at boxing. It is just some sort of ego trying to survive basically.

Heh, this happened the first time I played a boxing video game in VR. When the boxer approached and jabbed me for the first time, I literally flung my head back in intense fear. Now I just see it as a joke and mercilessly punch his lifeless body on the ground after I’d just knocked him out. And nobody stops me. 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

I feel like the universe is grooming me to ground myself, then learn how to fight, then go training intensely with Peter Ralston and then becoming mma champion and then redirecting all religious dogmatic people towards higher consciousness ressources:

eckart tolle

adyashanti

mooji

jordan peterson

Sahdguru

Leo gura

peter Ralston 

brendan Lea

Am I becoming insane or that’s it ? I’ve already been 4times in psych ward. I’m certainly a little bit insane but I have reach very unrealistic states of consciousness through psychedelics and have a real taste for violence eventhough I hate it and want a peaceful world 

1 minute ago, thierry said:

Am I becoming insane or that’s it ?

You do seem insane to me. You are interpreting things around you in a very idealistic and fantastical way. Your ideas about spirituality and saving people stand out to me. I think it is worth questioning more deeply what you want to do with yourself. How are other people going to take your approach? Has someone else tried your approach before you?

7 minutes ago, thierry said:

I’m certainly a little bit insane but I have reach very unrealistic states of consciousness through psychedelics and have a real taste for violence eventhough I hate it and want a peaceful world 

I like the intention of making a peaceful world. Instead of trying to become an MMA fighter, wouldn't being nice to the cashier at the store be more realistic and practical in making a difference?

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

13 minutes ago, Osaid said:

You do seem insane to me. You are interpreting things around you in a very idealistic and fantastical way. Your ideas about spirituality and saving people stand out to me. I think it is worth questioning more deeply what you want to do with yourself. How are other people going to take your approach? Has someone else tried your approach before you?

I like the intention of making a peaceful world. Instead of trying to become an MMA fighter, wouldn't being nice to the cashier at the store be more realistic and practical in making a difference?

I do not think I can be a cashier at the store. Since I am a child I always wanted to become the highest possible embodiment of Love. That’s all I really want. Dying knowing I OutLoved 8Billions people. 
sounds maybe narcissistic. Maybe I am narcissistic in a way.

18 minutes ago, thierry said:

I do not think I can be a cashier at the store.

You don't have to be one, but you can be nice to one. If you make people happy, then they will make other people happy, which creates peace.

18 minutes ago, thierry said:

sounds maybe narcissistic. Maybe I am narcissistic in a way.

Embodying love is good, but then how can you practically do that? Thinking about how loving you are is not love, it is just thinking. What can you do about it?

I think peace can be simple. If you are in a pleasant mood, you will automatically interact with the things around you in a pleasant way. This can involve being nice to a cashier, or helping an injured kitten on a road. There is no need to think about how loving you are when you are being loving.

Edited by Osaid

1 minute ago, Osaid said:

You don't have to be one, but you can be nice to one. If you make people happy, then they will make other people happy, which creates peace.

Embodying love is good, but then how can you practically do that? Thinking about how loving you are is not love, it is just thinking. What can you do about it?

I think peace can be simple. If you are in a pleasant mood, you will automatically interact with the things around you in a pleasant way. This can involve being nice to a cashier, or helping an injured kitten on a road. There is no need to think about how loving you are, when you are being loving.

First thank for all the good tips. I love all of it except it misses one thing for me which is going down the rabbit hole. I want a very rich story. I Love all that you said and of course it will be part of my journey to embody all of it but I want more.

Okay I can feel I’m reaching insanity rn. sorry to have polluted this post with my delirium. Will calm down and come back later.

On 6/18/2020 at 5:38 PM, Florian said:

What is fighting? 

What is going on at the core when two boxers fight in the ring, two wolves fight for leadership, a rhino fights with an elephant or any other fight?

Do all fights have something familliar? What makes the winner and the loser? What role does survival play in this? Is there more to it then survival? How does it work? What other forms of fighting are there?

I'm not fighter, they are born, killer instinct is something everyone is born with but Fighters have it more intensely and its always on in a way. I've studied Martial Arts for long time now (Wing Chun) concentrating mostly on one system and the variations that exist within it, but I'm a researcher so have watched and read about all sorts of fighters. You have Your Bruce Lee's, he just loved it, he fought allot of street fights and challenge matches, maybe it was an adrenline rush for him, but he loved it plain and simple, but he rather be a movie star than prize fighter..Ali, not sure he loved to fight, but was a natural, unbelieveable skills both defensively and offensively, but in the end he did if for Money I think...Royce Grace had some 400+ fights, I think he did it for family honor and to prove his fathers methods (GJJ) worked against all comers..Tyson for sure did it for fame and money, but he had great natural talent, he looked like a mean ahole, but he was scared as hell walking into the ring on all the occassions..

So fighting is on many levels, Survival like ppl have said, for Glory (think Rocky 3), for self respect (think Rocky 1), for redemption (think Rocky 2), in a small way its a spiritual challenge, it brings you too physical exhaustion, and mental fatigue and limits taking pain and dealing with losing and pride issues, for sure not the weak of mind or body...

Edited by Ishanga

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

Fighting is a consequence of conflict. Conflict happens as a result of finitude. When opposing parties want different things with the same thing but that thing is too finite to fulfill both parties desires, conflicts ensues.

Resources are an obvious example. In the Savanna, competition among predators is fierce due to there being so many of them at the same time which has lead to an emphasis on the ability for animals to brawl each other as opposed to simply catching prey. Many predators have evolved to quickly gulp down their prey (often while it is still alive) to minimize the risk of having their kill stolen. The cheetah is an example of a predator that is losing out in this competition because it is too small to fight back against kill stealers. Even vulture bully cheetahs. In contrast, the male lions primary task is to bully and kill the competition. They will seek out the young of competitor species in order to kill them. Lions are very successful species compared to cheetahs. A clear example of survival and conflict going hand in hand. If catching prey was easy and opportunities to eat where less finite, survival would be less fierce and there would be less violence among the animals comparatively.

@Florian

On 2020-06-18 at 10:38 PM, Florian said:

What is fighting? 

The true nature of fighting is based on many developmental factors like Spiral Dynamics stages of development, cognitive and moral development, personality types/traits, 9 stages of ego development, shadow work and shadow aspects of one's psyche, other lines of development in an individual's life to societal domains, ideological beliefs indoctrinated and gaslighted by culture, society, the information ecology we consume via social media, internet, videos, radio, news papers, clips/shorts/edits from Tik Tok culture nowadays, tv programs, and many more points of information leveraged by big companies, and self biases and preferences of what and which type of fighting or martial arts you do. For example, compare the following videos about fighting :

to

to

to

On 19.1.2024 at 11:27 PM, MuadDib said:

Transmutation of suffering.

Does it end well? I don't want to have to watch the movie now. :(

Difficult to say, that goes to the core of creation at the most meta level I guess. I dont have awakenings regarding this but some thoughts. 

I think the meta thing is that love wins. Meaning higher forms of love win. 

Meaning parts of consciousness that have embodied more parts of reality (love) generally have the upper hand. 

That doesnt mean that a developed person can't be killed by a serial killer of course. But the developed person tends to be around people who are also well developed and together they built a strong society that far succeeds (wins the fight) against the social circle of what serial killers or other less developed people would built. So in general higher forms of love win. 

If you watched Avatar the last Airbender I really like the scene where Iron teaches Zuko how to redirect Lightning. Iroh found that technique by learning techniques from other tribes outside the fire nation. By embodying other parts of reality (love) he overpowered smaller parts of reality. (like narrow minded fire benders)

Edited by Jannes

@thierry at least you are aware enogth to recognise the need to calm down. Chill a bit with the coffee, it gives jitters bro

8 hours ago, Jannes said:

Does it end well? I don't want to have to watch the movie now. :(

It ends