Dumuzzi

On Becoming a God

87 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Nahm said:

How so? How is duality in mind?

@Aaron p

Where is duality other than in thoughts?

Mind is dualistic, as it deals in separation and distinction. Consciousness is non-dual as it deals in unity and oneness.

2 hours ago, Aaron p said:

Becoming a literal God (being immortal etc) is something that requires incredible suffering, I just keep reminding myself of the gravity of actual awakening, all of life and human existence answered, all religions, all questions, death, answered...and man, the perpetual bliss, that's something I can't wait for 

5 minutes ago, Aaron p said:

I don't really know what duality is

What about the apparent dualities above. You becoming God, some thing that requires, I remind myself, some thing  I can’t wait for...

What’s that other than thought?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

5 minutes ago, Dumuzzi said:

Mind is dualistic, as it deals in separation and distinction. Consciousness is non-dual as it deals in unity and oneness.

What’s separation & distinction, other than thoughts? What’s unity & oneness, other than thoughts?

How does mind not equal consciousness, other than thoughts?

If you want to become God, you have to "unbecome" yourself.

You actually don't have to become anything if you want to be God. Cos this has always been the case. It will never not be the case. You are God.

Only, you don't see it, i.e. yourself, because you are so immersed in the dream, immersed in ego, worrying about your self-image, about your own survival, so engaged in selfish pursuits, and sooo many attachments, sooo many beliefs -- wrong or right doesn't matter -- sooo many fears, sooo many regrets, sooo many desires for becoming 'something', i.e. "God".

Let go. Let go of attachments. Let go of beliefs, let go of fears, let go of regrets, let go of desires. And start focusing on the Now as it is. Perfect as it is. Immerse yourself in the raw experience of the Now. Then maybe, just maybe, you will get a glimpse of your true self, i.e. God.

Edited by WaveInTheOcean

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

What about the apparent dualities above. You becoming God, some thing that requires, I remind myself, some thing  I can’t wait for...

What’s that other than thought?

@Nahm I guess when I say "I will become God" I'm referring to the experience in which I realise that nothing separates me and God (whatever "I" and "God" are, since I don't know what either of those things are)... I guess I'm pointing to the time when I realise that the differentiation of "me" and "god" is removed. I think I understand the phrase "no-differentiation" as opposed to "non-duality"

It's very confusing. I just keep a loose conceptual understanding of this all and keep doing the practices...I have faith in the practices, and in 5meoDMT

2 hours ago, abrakamowse said:

I noticed some people use the term mind with different meanings.

The lower mind they just call it just "mind" or "lower mind"  and consciousness or awareness they call it "Buddha Mind" or "Buddha Nature".

We have to know what mind whas @Dumuzzi referring too... maybe he was talking about the "Buddha Mind" = GOD

there is only one mind, which we all share

2 hours ago, Nahm said:

What’s separation & distinction, other than thoughts? What’s unity & oneness, other than thoughts?

How does mind not equal consciousness, other than thoughts?

you are trying to find a logical answer to that which is beyond logic. You will just twist yourself into ever more elaborate mental constructs trying to find a structure and meaning behind Oneness. You need to experience it and words suddenly become unnecessary, more of a hindrance, really.

But if you must create a logical framework using language, it looks something like this: 

Thoughts do not exist except as ripples in the ocean that is mind. They are illusory vibrations in source. You might think it is your mind and they are your thoughts, but by and large you are having the same thoughts as everybody else, they are pre-made for you by an outside force, probably an artificial intelligence.

Consciousness is completely different from thought, it is direct knowing and intuition, from source. It does not vibrate or move, it just "is" instantly and simultaneously. Unity and Oneness is thoughtless, because there is no movement, no ripples, no vibrations, it is a state of being. To put it simply, you just "are".

This is why quieting down the mind and extinguishing thought is such a crucial element in cultivation.

1 hour ago, WaveInTheOcean said:

If you want to become God, you have to "unbecome" yourself.

You actually don't have to become anything if you want to be God. Cos this has always been the case. It will never not be the case. You are God.

Only, you don't see it, i.e. yourself, because you are so immersed in the dream, immersed in ego, worrying about your self-image, about your own survival, so engaged in selfish pursuits, and sooo many attachments, sooo many beliefs -- wrong or right doesn't matter -- sooo many fears, sooo many regrets, sooo many desires for becoming 'something', i.e. "God".

Let go. Let go of attachments. Let go of beliefs, let go of fears, let go of regrets, let go of desires. And start focusing on the Now as it is. Perfect as it is. Immerse yourself in the raw experience of the Now. Then maybe, just maybe, you will get a glimpse of your true self, i.e. God.

To be clear, I am not talking about becoming the Monotheistic God here. Such a concept is entirely erroneous and exclusive to the three bastardised monotheistic religions, which are entirely mistaken in their idea of "God".

There is no such thing as God, only gods, which is another word for self-realised or ascended souls. They do have a collective consciousness and collective power, which you can become a part of, but there isn't an all-powerful being that controls everything and sees everybody's thoughts. You are right in that we have the capacity to become gods or "as the gods" to quote the Bible, but that is an entirely different thing than what you are talking about here.

1 hour ago, Dumuzzi said:

To be clear, I am not talking about becoming the Monotheistic God here. Such a concept is entirely erroneous and exclusive to the three bastardised monotheistic religions, which are entirely mistaken in their idea of "God".

What is the difference with "Brahman"? I am not talking about the dogmatic idea of the conventional religions of God like a guy sitting on a cloud punishing everyone that doesn't behave following their commandments.

There's not a clear definition of the word GOD because for everyone may have a different meaning and it has different meanings even between different religions. But my idea was that there's a power that is ONE, and  GOD is just a word we use to name that idea or concept, like Brahman, the Absolute, or the I AM... etc...

For me what it means that there is only one GOD, is like there's only ONE source of everything. Even if there's other gods they will appear in this source, so in fact is all ONE. And that ONE is my idea of GOD, but I like to call it Brahman too...

---------------------------------------------------

Note: I was googling after I posted this and I find out that there's two definitions of monotheistic, one more inclusive and another one more exclusive. I am talking about the inclusive idea of monotheism.

A distinction may be made between exclusive monotheism, and both inclusive monotheism and pluriform (panentheistic) monotheism which, while recognising various distinct gods, postulate some underlying unity

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

9 hours ago, Dumuzzi said:

So, I have now come to terms with my dual nature and as I grew to accept the Truth, it was like a dam broke and energy centres I barely knew existed went into overdrive in my body and I felt the most incredible surge of energy in me, which I can only compare to being hit by lightning. As that energy was surging through me, I felt incredibly powerful, like a God and realised that I have no limitations, I can do whatever I want, because the normal dualistic rules no longer applied.

@Dumuzzi , your reaction to the acceptance of your dual nature led to a very forceful experience. Perhaps in your case, because you had placed strong psychological barriers to suppress your less palatable side, the demolishing of these barriers was a big step forward for you. This may not be the case for others who kinda accept they are a bit of a chaotic mix of good and bad and are ok with it. So if there is a mental fusion or acceptance of one's dual nature waiting to occur, it won't represent such a big step in achieving Godhood. Would you agree?

you are trying to find a logical answer to that which is beyond logic. You will just twist yourself into ever more elaborate mental constructs trying to find a structure and meaning behind Oneness. You need to experience it and words suddenly become unnecessary, more of a hindrance, really.

The questions were about what you said previously & op.  Why do you think I’m trying to find something?   Why does structure and meaning come up?  How is it there is something behind Oneness? How could experience an it ?

But if you must create a logical framework using language, it looks something like this: 

Why does that idea come up?  Is that what you think is being said? 

Thoughts do not exist except as ripples in the ocean that is mind. They are illusory vibrations in source.

Wouldn’t illusory imply there are no vibrations? If there are vibrations, would they still be illusory?

You might think it is your mind and they are your thoughts, but by and large you are having the same thoughts as everybody else,

Why would I think that?    What is “everybody else”, other than the thought?

they are pre-made for you by an outside force, probably an artificial intelligence.

‘That’ is what was being pointed to. In what way is ‘it’ and “outside force”?   How is it artificial? 

Consciousness is completely different from thought, it is direct knowing and intuition, from source. It does not vibrate or move, it just "is" instantly and simultaneously. Unity and Oneness is thoughtless, because there is no movement, no ripples, no vibrations, it is a state of being. To put it simply, you just "are".

This is why quieting down the mind and extinguishing thought is such a crucial element in cultivation.

How is that different from the gods you mentioned? Are they illusory? Vibrational? Individuals? How you you fit into all this?

2 hours ago, Aaron p said:

I just keep a loose conceptual understanding of this all and keep doing the practices...I have faith in the practices, and in 5meoDMT

Dude that is perfect.   And the practices are no mind so once you are fully present there is no ego for anything to deceive You.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

There is no such thing as God, only gods, which is another word for self-realised or ascended souls. They do have a collective consciousness and collective power, which you can become a part of, but there isn't an all-powerful being that controls everything and sees everybody's thoughts

Who/what created these "ascended souls" ?

And how? And why? What purpose do they have, these gods of yours.

It's a sweet story at least, I dig it.

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

2 hours ago, Dumuzzi said:

There is no such thing as God, only gods, which is another word for self-realised or ascended souls. They do have a collective consciousness and collective power, which you can become a part of, but there isn't an all-powerful being that controls everything and sees everybody's thoughts. You are right in that we have the capacity to become gods or "as the gods" to quote the Bible, but that is an entirely different thing than what you are talking about here.

Great post.  When you awaken to total Oneness there can only be one God.  It is not one of religion which believes in one God.  It is just pure isness or Being or Infinity or Consciousness or Goodness or Love.  And yes it is the collapse of both good and evil, masculine and feminine - it is the collapse of all duality in fact.   But one must embrace those dualities before one can collapse them and become God.  

You can say it is each one of us realizing we are a God but that implies separation which is false.  It is just You.  Reality is Absolutely perspectival and thus God is Absolutely perspectival.  If there were simultaneously two Gods then that would mean there was something outside of God and that would limit her.  And then you would have to explain what is limiting those Gods.   But you can become directly conscious that God is One and God is infinite.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

6 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

Great post.  When you awaken to total Oneness there can only be one God.  It is not one of religion which believes in one God.  It is just pure isness or Being or Infinity or Consciousness or Goodness or Love.  And yes it is the collapse of both good and evil, masculine and feminine - it is the collapse of all duality in fact.   But one must embrace those dualities before one can collapse them and become God.  

You can say it is each one of us realizing we are a God but that implies separation which is false.  It is just You.  Reality is Absolutely perspectival and thus God is Absolutely perspectival.  If there were simultaneously two Gods then that would mean there was something outside of God and that would limit her.  And then you would have to explain what is limiting those Gods.   But you can become directly conscious that God is One and God is infinite.

Whats limiting those gods is each other. Two infinite objects relative to each other appear finite to each. If I was infinitely big and you were finite then you would be none existent compared to me. If however you were also infinitely big then I would appear finite to you and you also to me. There is no one god that we are just puppets of. We are just infinities who coexist and hence relative to each other we seem finite. In dreams however this is different because then we are experiencing as if we were one god so to speak, especially if its a lucid dream, however in the universe we share we are limits to each other even though we are infinite in some ways. The idea that there is one god is a nonsence, it implies its just one entity playing with itself and hence one infinity. A much richer picture is an infinity of infinities but this is inherantley more complicated. Its a straw man to say there's one god because then you have to explain suffering and such. All that's happening is that the infinite is dividing up into more infinities, i.e us.

Edited by bennett oppel

3 hours ago, bennett oppel said:

All that's happening is that the infinite is dividing up into more infinities, i.e us.

Which is equal to nothing and everything or the Unlimited.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Just now, Inliytened1 said:

Which is equal to nothing and everything or the Unlimited.

Its not equal to nothing, I don't know where you get that idea from. Its an unlimited quantity dividing itself into more unlimited quantities but these are all equal to each other hence no one god nonsense