Dumuzzi

On Becoming a God

87 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, bennett oppel said:

Its not equal to nothing, I don't know where you get that idea from. 

Take this unlimited quality.   It can have nothing outside of it which to limit it right?  That means it has nothing outside of it to ground it or reference itself from.  And so since it is everything it cancels itself out.  Infinity diving itself is still Infinity.  The parts withiin it are finite.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

18 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Take this unlimited quality.   It can have nothing outside of it which to limit it right?  That means it has nothing outside of it to ground it or reference itself from.  And so since it is everything it cancels itself out.  Infinity diving itself is still Infinity.  The parts withiin it are finite.

Not really. Take the number line 1 to infinity. Now I can put these numbers in a list. This is one infinity. However I can take the powers of say a prime number and create another infinite list. As there are an infinite number of prime numbers I can create an infinite number of infinite lists to use an analogy. Hence I can create an infinite number of equal infinities to the one I started with without any canceling out at all. Furthermore it is possible to image an infinite object and have something outside it. You do this simply by measuring say for example a meter as a point and this truncates the image into something finite. Furthermore you seem to be thinking of a zero balance, i.e something canceling out to zero. Its better to think of a 1 balance. A 1 balance works differently to a zero balance. Take the fractions 1/2 and 1/3. Now 1/2 is greater than 1/3 but if we turn these fractions upside down we get 2/1 and 3/1 and the heirachey reverses. Furthermore 1/2x2/1 and 1/3x3/1 both equal 1 hence a 1 balance. Zero balances just leave you with err well nothing so its better to think of 1 balances instead for determining the ground of being.

Edited by bennett oppel

@bennett oppel

No i am talking about Absolute Infinity and you are discussing the infinity of numbers which is one aspect of Absolute Infinity.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

2 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

@bennett oppel

No i am talking about Absolute Infinity and you are discussing the infinity of numbers which is one aspect of Absolute Infinity.

What I'm trying to demonstrate is a property of infinity which is that one infinity is equal to another infinity. Why is this, because they are both unlimited in scope. If I have an unlimited quantity I can make it equal to another unlimited quantity regardless of what that quantity is, i.e spirit or information or mass or whatever. Any infinity can be equal to absolute infinity because one infinity can contain everything that any infinity you can define in itself. If you getting confused with Cantorian madness i.e that some infinities are greater than others  then I'm sorry to say it but Cantor is wrong about this, you can disprove him with geometry. There is no absolute infinity that is greater than other infinity they are all the same size.

12 hours ago, astrokeen said:

@Dumuzzi , your reaction to the acceptance of your dual nature led to a very forceful experience. Perhaps in your case, because you had placed strong psychological barriers to suppress your less palatable side, the demolishing of these barriers was a big step forward for you. This may not be the case for others who kinda accept they are a bit of a chaotic mix of good and bad and are ok with it. So if there is a mental fusion or acceptance of one's dual nature waiting to occur, it won't represent such a big step in achieving Godhood. Would you agree?

It's not that simple, because we all have a side of us that we are uncomfortable with and try to suppress. For most people, it is the darkness in them, their evil, destructive, animalistic nature. 

I'm not advocating letting it loose, rather to come to terms with it, accept its existence and use and harness it when needed, as in Arjuna's case in the Bhagavad Gita, which I mentioned above.

Btw, that particular piece of spiritual writing refers to this very allegory, with Krishna representing the Higher, Divine Self, the god-nature of the individual and Arjuna representing the ego, the lower self. They need to work in unison, acting as one unit, in order for divine will to manifest, which in this case is a spiritual war.

13 hours ago, abrakamowse said:

What is the difference with "Brahman"? I am not talking about the dogmatic idea of the conventional religions of God like a guy sitting on a cloud punishing everyone that doesn't behave following their commandments.

There's not a clear definition of the word GOD because for everyone may have a different meaning and it has different meanings even between different religions. But my idea was that there's a power that is ONE, and  GOD is just a word we use to name that idea or concept, like Brahman, the Absolute, or the I AM... etc...

For me what it means that there is only one GOD, is like there's only ONE source of everything. Even if there's other gods they will appear in this source, so in fact is all ONE. And that ONE is my idea of GOD, but I like to call it Brahman too...

---------------------------------------------------

Note: I was googling after I posted this and I find out that there's two definitions of monotheistic, one more inclusive and another one more exclusive. I am talking about the inclusive idea of monotheism.

When I talk about becoming a god, I mean that as a higher being, a Deva so to speak.

I do not believe that the Monotheistic concept of one all-powerful being that controls everything is accurate. You can become a god, but you cannot become God, an important distinction.

Brahman is source, the absolute, it isn't a person, therefore not God in the monotheistic sense. 

I don't claim to understand Brahman, nobody does, we can only say what it isn't and God it isn't, that's for sure. 

13 hours ago, Nahm said:

The questions were about what you said previously & op.  Why do you think I’m trying to find something?   Why does structure and meaning come up?  How is it there is something behind Oneness? How could experience an it ?

Why does that idea come up?  Is that what you think is being said? 

Wouldn’t illusory imply there are no vibrations? If there are vibrations, would they still be illusory?

Why would I think that?    What is “everybody else”, other than the thought?

‘That’ is what was being pointed to. In what way is ‘it’ and “outside force”?   How is it artificial? 

How is that different from the gods you mentioned? Are they illusory? Vibrational? Individuals? How you you fit into all this?

I appreciate your questions, but they are far too numerous and vague to answer.

I don't want to get all mysterious and Zen, but the answers to your questions can all be found within. You are coming at this with your rational mind and it is deceiving you into thinking such questions and answers to them are important, to justify its own existence. They're not.

Thoughts are nothing. Mental constructs and rationality are nothing. Only energy exists, which emananates from source. Concentrate on that and you will find all your answers.

13 hours ago, bejapuskas said:

What is mind?

Mind is a ripple in source field energy.

12 hours ago, WaveInTheOcean said:

Who/what created these "ascended souls" ?

And how? And why? What purpose do they have, these gods of yours.

It's a sweet story at least, I dig it.

In some sense, they are us in the future and in the past.

They are what we once were and will become again.

To them, there is no time, that only exists from our own limited perspective.

The Higher Self connects all of your future, past and parallel selves.

From your limited perspective, you were once a god, but have "fallen" so to speak and you will be again, that is you will ascend at some point and return to Heaven, which is just a term for the realm of the gods and extradimensional continuum which does not obey the constraints of our artificial matrix, with its many dimensions and restrictions.

12 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

Great post.  When you awaken to total Oneness there can only be one God.  It is not one of religion which believes in one God.  It is just pure isness or Being or Infinity or Consciousness or Goodness or Love.  And yes it is the collapse of both good and evil, masculine and feminine - it is the collapse of all duality in fact.   But one must embrace those dualities before one can collapse them and become God.  

You can say it is each one of us realizing we are a God but that implies separation which is false.  It is just You.  Reality is Absolutely perspectival and thus God is Absolutely perspectival.  If there were simultaneously two Gods then that would mean there was something outside of God and that would limit her.  And then you would have to explain what is limiting those Gods.   But you can become directly conscious that God is One and God is infinite.

Not sure if you got my drift there...

I am actually saying that there is no God, in the traditional sense. There is only the Self, that is you, which can become a god and from an extradimensional perspective, already is, you just haven't gotten there yet on the timeline in your limited 3D existence.

@Nahm see when I talk about enlightenment, for me it's like talking about sex. Really, there are two ways to know what sex is...knowing with your brain (even though apparently brains don't exist haha) and knowing by actually having heated sex with a sexy slut ??? 

I know intuitively that I am knowing more and more what awakening is, experientially, but when I try to configure and verbally articulate what is happening to me...it feels like I'm working away from what enlightenment is. For me it's exactly like sex, the more you think about it the less it happens naturally. I know leo said that confusion is a sign of growth and that it's meant to feel like your going insane. So for now, instead of looking for God, I will look for myself and I'll look out for the signs of progress, confusion, sensation of insanity and reality falling apart

16 minutes ago, Aaron p said:

@Nahm see when I talk about enlightenment, for me it's like talking about sex. Really, there are two ways to know what sex is...knowing with your brain (even though apparently brains don't exist haha) and knowing by actually having heated sex with a sexy slut ??? 

I know intuitively that I am knowing more and more what awakening is, experientially, but when I try to configure and verbally articulate what is happening to me...it feels like I'm working away from what enlightenment is. For me it's exactly like sex, the more you think about it the less it happens naturally. I know leo said that confusion is a sign of growth and that it's meant to feel like your going insane. So for now, instead of looking for God, I will look for myself and I'll look out for the signs of progress, confusion, sensation of insanity and reality falling apart

Ok well when you talk about looking for yourself what your really talking about is looking for your ideal self. This is not the self you were born with but rather like a self you can construct as you would a character in your favorite computer game, that's the simple truth to that riddle. You have to create what your looking for. Next just assume that you are a god rather than trying to work out how to become one. You have a space which is your imagination over which you have an infinite amount of power and by understanding this you can start to understand what you want and how to get their. Best advice is to try and construct a basic universe in your imagination, try to imagine a few basic laws and such and go from their :) Be warned though going down this route is bound to lead to extreme insanity but alot of fun and insight.

2 hours ago, Dumuzzi said:

Not sure if you got my drift there...

I am actually saying that there is no God, in the traditional sense. There is only the Self, that is you, which can become a god and from an extradimensional perspective, already is, you just haven't gotten there yet on the timeline in your limited 3D existence.

10-4 gotchya.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

16 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Dumuzzi

No not at all, but thank you. Just asking questions about this thread you made. No worries if you’re not interested. :)

Love you. 

@Aaron p

Godspeed. 

Nahm, I'm happy to answer questions, but each topic is a complex issue in itself which requires considerable time to unravel. I don't do one-word or one-sentence answers like a lot of people here. 

This should also be a discussion, you state your opinion on a topic, then you can ask for a comment or ask questions. This is a discussion forum after all. I am not going to indulge your apparent intellectual need for Zen-like clever answers with zappy comebacks, which seems to be Leo's forte. 

If you are actually interested in a topic or experience, instead of just posting for the sake of keeping the conversation going, I am at your service. I also channel, if that's your thing, so if you have a particular question you would like to ask from a particular deity, I may be able to get you an answer, if the deity in question thinks it is worthy of an answer from them.

@Dumuzzi

Ya got a lot goin on there my man. Lot of projection, confusion, and accusation.  Again, just asking questions about what you stated (op) no worries. :)

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

3 hours ago, Dumuzzi said:

Mind is a ripple in source field energy.

Are you imagining mind?

36 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Dumuzzi

Ya got a lot goin on there my man. Lot of projection, confusion, and accusation.  Again, just asking questions about what you stated (op) no worries. :)

Nope, not at all. Sorry if I gave you that impression.

I am more than happy to interact with you. I will think about some answers to at least some of your questions, but it requires some thought and consideration on my side. I'll get back to you.

@Dumuzzi

The sentiment in the questions was an offering of sorts, a prompt perhaps, that you might inspect and see through the narratives.  If you’re interested in seeing the dualities at play (thought), you might contemplate them.... “becoming a God”, “all Gods having a light & dark side”, “Shiva being a manifestation”, “one can not exist without the other”, “ultimate evil”, a “Goddess of war & love” which “ work with”, that you have ‘comes to terms’ with “your dual nature”, and “grew to accept the Truth”, “like a God”, “my dualities”, “our dualistic nature”, “became nondual”,  that “we are weak as opposed to Gods”, “opposing natures...male-female, good-evil, solar-lunar”, “that happens in Truth”,  “both our sides working in unison”, “potential Gods”. “agreed prior to our incarnation in this”....”form”, “higher being”, “god-man”, “with the Gods” “One type of energy - a fusion of opposites” 

Or not, as well. All the same. ? 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

5 hours ago, Dumuzzi said:

When I talk about becoming a god, I mean that as a higher being, a Deva so to speak.

Yes, I understand that.

I do not believe that the Monotheistic concept of one all-powerful being that controls everything is accurate. You can become a god, but you cannot become God, an important distinction.

Ok. I am not trying to convince you about my beliefs, I like to know other POVs and I think your POV is interesting. I am always open to new interpretations. I wanted to share my idea of how everything is.

In what I understand you cannot become God, in that we agree. The difference is that I think that you can't become God because you already are God. This is something that I understood from the Advaita Vedanta doctrine, and from what Ramana Maharshi or Nisagardatta have said.

But it is also logical to me. Everything that you want to become is an identity, and God/Brahman/The Absolute has no identity, is the source. And you are that source. This is my belief, just wanted to share it with you but I am not trying to convince anyone about this.

Brahman is source, the absolute, it isn't a person, therefore not God in the monotheistic sense. 

I agree with that, I am not completely familiar with the monotheistic teachings or what they say, but I tend to think that they see God as a person or some kind of identity. I don't think Brahman is a person, we agree on that. But what I think is that we are that. We are not persons too, our identity is a false construct. We can advance in the spiritual path and become Gods or Devas as you say. But in the end we all will have to abandon our identities to realize that we are the Absolute, Existence itself, with no names or attributes.

We cannot become it, because we already are it. You cannot become what you are. It's impossible. What we have to do is to realize what we already are.

I don't claim to understand Brahman, nobody does, we can only say what it isn't and God it isn't, that's for sure. 

We also agree on that point. Brahman cannot be understood. Understanding is what moves away from it.

:)

Thanks for all the responses!!! Appreciated!

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16