ArchangelG

Enlightenment Vs Life Purpose Contradiction

9 posts in this topic

For me a lot of the Lp course is about making commitments, and a big part of enlightenement is about releasing or becoming conscious of your subconscious commitments(self-agenda) in life. 

Anyone else experienced this conrtradiction and how do you reconcile that?

If you were completely enlightened you would be completely honest with yourself, and if you were completely honest with yourself, those commitments would be automatic. Your most authentic self WANTS, DEEPLY DESIRES, to pursue your Life Purpose. Become enlightened and honestly acknowledge that desire. The commitments build your short term discipline which in the end will transform into the insight that you wouldn't have wanted to spend your time doing anything else anyways. At least... that’s my pov. 

Edited by Consilience

1. You can do both, no contradiction. You can be an enlightened pianist or surgeon and;
  2. Enlightenment isn’t that; it’s about realizing (becoming conscious of) your true nature or the absolute nature of reality.

The Truth is already the truth no matter what you do or don’t do. How could anything you do change or influence the Truth?

Make a distinction between the relative and the absolute.

Edited by Arzola

19 hours ago, ArchangelG said:

enlightenement

I do not know what this is...not really (you spelt it wrong btw) lol. It feels like I'm getting distracted from what I think enlightenment is, and the thing that is distracting me is the reoccurring phenomenon of experiences in which I see [more and more] that everything around me is not what I think it is. If it were, it could not do what I see it do when I smoke dmt. When I forget the word "enlightenment" and look at the impossible things I see when I smoke, i think I get closer to what awakening is

Edited by Aaron p

19 hours ago, ArchangelG said:

For me a lot of the Lp course is about making commitments, and a big part of enlightenement is about releasing or becoming conscious of your subconscious commitments(self-agenda) in life. 

Anyone else experienced this conrtradiction and how do you reconcile that?

Conscious creating vs creating by default. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm This is it. What usually happens is we fall in love with a passion but then we get tricked by our ego into believing it only serves our self-esteem and feelings, or we keep doing it out of fear of not achieving our goals. Work toward enlightenment helps to be reminded what made creations so great in the first place and what it takes to maximize Love efficiently. 

@ArchangelG What is the LP of a river? We could say that it provides a home for aquatic plants and fish. It also provides water and food for trees and animals. It provides humans tranquil scenery for relaxation. It provides entertainment for people in rafts. That’s a lot of responsibility for the river. And at times, people dump waste in the river. Beavers build damns in the river. Sometimes there is a drought and the river is a low trickle. Other times there are storms and the river is raging. 

And through it all, the river flows. . . 

7 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

@ArchangelG What is the LP of a river? We could say that it provides a home for aquatic plants and fish. It also provides water and food for trees and animals. It provides humans tranquil scenery for relaxation. It provides entertainment for people in rafts. That’s a lot of responsibility for the river. And at times, people dump waste in the river. Beavers build damns in the river. Sometimes there is a drought and the river is a low trickle. Other times there are storms and the river is raging. 

And through it all, the river flows. . . 

Dude. This is one of the most profound things I have ever read. Thank you. ??

I think spirituality (pursuing enlightenment) require you to put effort, pursue a desire, and make commitments as well, just like a LP.

For example, if you do the letting go technique, on day one you let go of some things, the next day you let go of even more things, and so on. The letting go technique requires “effort”. I put effort in quotations because it’s a non-conventional idea of effort. Of course there’s conventional “effort” involved in taking the time out, consistency, etc. Truth or enlightenment will not come to you without pursuing it: without effort. 

It usually seems that you are being spiritual by lazing at home, but you are just surviving without even trying to let go of survival. If you choose to be lazy then you’re already dead in a way, because your life will be swept by the current of unconscious habits and society. If you’re not going to have any desires in life, not even the desire to understand reality, then what’s the point of living? You might as well die! Actually you’re already dead. It’s worse than death because you haven’t even let go of everything.

What other alternative do you have to living a passionate life? It’s a passionate life (alive) where you go where you want, a desire less mediocre life (living-dead zombie), or death (which will anyway happen).

Edited by Akemrelax