Kalki Avatar

What guru and lineage has created the most enlightened students?

49 posts in this topic

It seems to what I know that the lineage of Sri sadguru siddharameshwar maharaj has created many enlightened students for such clarity in his teachings. 

Do you know any other? 

List of his students:

-Ranjit Maharaj

-Nisargadatta Maharaj

-Shri Muppin Kaadsiddheshwar 

-Sri Ganapatrao Maharaj Kannur

-Shri Vilasanand Maharaj

-Shri Ranachhodray Maharaj

-Ramesh Balsekar 

-Bentinho Massaro

Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. - Jeremiah 33:3

https://open.spotify.com/track/4V0rRwRqhFPxSJb40XmKA1?si=lNN5hNRPTxi6zNzzi9gFqw&utm_source=copy-link

Interesting topic. There is Mahavatar Babaji of course, however maybe he is too mysterious; we can only guess that the stories are true. A modern successful lineage is Ramaji and with his spiritual transmission, he has had few students because he only works 1on1 but so many of them succeed. Ramaji had his first awakening thanks to Ramesh Belsekar, so there is a connection to that lineage but the connection to Ramana Maharshi's lineage is stronger.

Then there is the Essenes group which I think have awakened many, however they are also mysterious and unknown.

Edited by Seraphim

It is supposedly said that Jesus got enlightened thanks to the Essenes, who knows. That it was a real spiritual community. Probably, also the greeks. That lineage I mentioned has inspired so many. I want to know if there are any other as successful from whom we can apply its wisdom right now. 

Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. - Jeremiah 33:3

https://open.spotify.com/track/4V0rRwRqhFPxSJb40XmKA1?si=lNN5hNRPTxi6zNzzi9gFqw&utm_source=copy-link

By, far, the spiritual teacher that has the most spiritual students under his belt is You.

Well when I inspect experience, I feel it and it's Love for real not joking. Sometimes is felt as God. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

1 hour ago, electroBeam said:

By, far, the spiritual teacher that has the most spiritual students under his belt is You.

Yeah I guess having such a large ❤️. 

@Nahm That's true. But we cannot skip the fact that the present understanding of reality that you may have by now is thanks to all the clear pointers those thoughts and names had given you before you even considered such posibility of exploration in your direct experience. 

Ok lets deny Love and get ban hammered. ?

But I really can't because it is si God damn felt and bamboozles me how I lived whole life and never been able to feel Reality in this way?! 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

Leo Gura

‘The water in which the mystic swims is the water in which a madman drowns. --Joseph Campbell

@Kalki Avatar  I really appreciate this post. Didn't know Bentinho Massaro was a student. I am a student of Bentinho Massaro and didn't realize he studied under Sri sadguru siddharameshwar maharaj. I resonate the most with Bentinho, Sri Sri Ravi Shankar and Dr. David Hawkins teachings on enlightenment due to their humility. 

300px-Siddharamphoto.JPG

Siddharameshwar maharaj died in 1936

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siddharameshwar

disciples:

Sri Ranjit Maharaj (1913–2000) was with Sri Siddharameshwar Maharaj for 12 years from the young age of 12 until the age of 24

Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj (1897–1981) was with him for a two and a half years, 1933-1936.[15]

Shri Muppin Kaadsiddheshwar (1905–2001) Maharaj met his Guru Shri Siddharameshwar Maharaj in 1935 and was with him for a period of about 1 year.

Sri Ganapatrao Maharaj Kannur (1909 - 2004) was with him for 13 years.

Shri Vilasanand Maharaj (1909 - 1993).

Shri Ranachhodray Maharaj, Baitkhol Karwar.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siddharameshwar

Bentinho Massaro like Sadguru had no teacher. 
Massaro makes no mention of one in his biography on his website. Below he  mentions Dzogchen, a tradition of teachings in Tibetan Buddhism. He has mentioned Nisargadatta (died 1981) who was a disciple of Siddharameshwar (died 1936)

https://www.bentinhomassaro.com/biography

He says this (excerpts)

"it wasn’t until the age of around 16, that Bentinho’s search for Enlightenment really started to pick up in both speed and intensity of the desire to seek and “find the Source of all of existence,” as he put it to himself at that time.

At the age of 18 he had his first memorable shift in consciousness. He experientially saw that the presence he had been looking for was always already here. Ever since this first and introductory ‘shift into enlightenment’ he has been riding the waves of an intensely awakened life....

After his initial awakening at 18, his sharings online started to shift from a more traditional yogic point of view, into a view more comparable to the teachings found in Dzogchen—which is based in the understanding that the natural State of Emptiness-Awareness-Bliss is always already at the root of each experience. Bentinho’s slogan at the time became ‘Always Already Present.’

IMG_4158+(1).JPG?format=500w

He began a relentless quest, exploring all kinds of teachers, philosophies, and methods, including studies in India. He stayed with each practice only long enough to digest what was useful to his goal. Eventually exhausted, he realized that all the spiritual “authorities” were no more enlightened than himself, and he made a radical decision: to seek only within his own being, following his own resonance and trusting his intuition without hesitation. There he discovered that the “ultimate answer” was to be found in the presence of Existence itself—in all its infinite potential.

“I sank into this indescribable freedom that knows no boundaries,” he says. “This enlightenment was the end of an unpleasant dream based in illusion and the beginning of my true life as an awakened consciousness.”

This background helps explain an extraordinary creation that Bentinho launched in late 2014—an online university for enlightenment that many (former!) seekers claim is the quickest available way to achieve actual, experiential Self-Realization.

Bentinho named it Trinfinity Academy to indicate the three categories of his teachings: Enlightenment, Empowerment, and Infinity.

https://www.bentinhomassaro.com/read/from-traditional-spirituality-to-a-truly-free-existence

(excerpts)

From Traditional Spirituality to a Truly Free Existence
Bentinho Massaro:

I teach two paths, self-realization, which is more along those lines, and self-actualization. 

What is much, much higher than anything you read in the books by Nisargadatta Maharaj, Ramana Maharshi and the Buddha and all of that nonsense (which is great stuff—again, I teach it too and there is value in it) is to listen to what makes you come alive. Because that comes from a place tailored specifically to the purpose you were created for in this life. And if you don’t pay attention to that, and if you override it with mental spirituality, you will die of cancer or something else, because you are not being useful anymore.

True spirituality is to not "know better," but rather to follow your heart, follow your heart, follow your heart, be humbled—over and over and over and over again. This will empty you out. This will truly empty you out, and simultaneously disperse you across the galaxy as Everything. It will make you so passionate and engaged with every little aspect of your life, that you will now truly fulfill the purpose that Spirit brought you here to fulfill.

If anything, I don’t feel I have to give you a specific answer or toolkit. I feel that all I want you to know is to follow that new intuitive impulse that you have been receiving—that intuitive voice from within that guided you to an event like this, that is moving away a little bit from the more traditional spectrum of spirituality you are used to. I would say, wholeheartedly follow that impulse with everything you have, and let nobody tell you differently. 

Above he mentions Nisargadatta Maharaj who was also mentioned in the OP

330px-Nisargadatta_Maharaj.jpg

Nisargadatta Mahara (1897 – 1981)was a Hindu guru of nondualism, belonging to the Inchagiri Sampradaya, a lineage of teachers from the Navnath Sampradaya and Lingayat Shaivism.

The publication in 1973 of I Am That, an English translation of his talks in Marathi by Maurice Frydman, brought him worldwide recognition and followers, especially from North America and Europe.

Siddharameshwar (mentioned at the top of this post was Nisargadatta's guru - below "my guru") 

Nisargadatta: 

My Guru ordered me to attend to the sense 'I am' and to give attention to nothing else. I just obeyed. I did not follow any particular course of breathing, or meditation, or study of scriptures. Whatever happened, I would turn away my attention from it and remain with the sense 'I am'. It may look too simple, even crude. My only reason for doing it was that my Guru told me so. Yet it worked!

Following his guru's instructions to concentrate on the feeling "I Am", he used all his spare time looking at himself in silence, and remained in that state for the coming years, practising meditation and singing devotional bhajans:

My Guru told me: "...Go back to that state of pure being, where the ‘I am’ is still in its purity before it got contaminated with ‘I am this’ or ‘I am that.’ Your burden is of false self-identifications—abandon them all." My guru told me, "Trust me, I tell you: you are Divine. Take it as the absolute truth. Your joy is divine, your suffering is divine too. All comes from God. Remember it always. You are God, your will alone is done." I did believe him and soon realized how wonderfully true and accurate were his words. I did not condition my mind by thinking, "I am God, I am wonderful, I am beyond." I simply followed his instruction, which was to focus the mind on pure being, "I am," and stay in it. I used to sit for hours together, with nothing but the "I am" in my mind and soon the peace and joy and deep all-embracing love became my normal state. In it all disappeared—myself, my guru, the life I lived, the world around me. Only peace remained, and unfathomable silence. (I Am That, Dialogue 51, April 16, 1971)

Many of Nisargadatta Maharaj's talks were recorded, and formed the basis of I Am That as well as of the several other books attributed to him

The life force [prana] and the mind are operating [of their own accord], but the mind will tempt you to believe that it is "you". Therefore understand always that you are the timeless spaceless witness. And even if the mind tells you that you are the one who is acting, don't believe the mind. [...] The apparatus [mind, body] which is functioning has come upon your original essence, but you are not that apparatus.

Nisargadatta was critical of a merely intellectual approach to nondual Truth. He had a strong devotional zeal towards his own guru,[web 3] and suggested the path of devotion, Bhakti yoga, to some of his visitors, as he believed the path of knowledge, Jnana yoga was not the only approach to Truth. Nisargadatta also emphasized love of Guru and God, and the practice of mantra repetition and singing bhajans, devotional songs.

Nisargadatta taught what has been called Nisarga Yoga(Nisarga can be translated as "nature"). In I Am That, Nisarga Yoga is defined as living life with "harmlessness," "friendliness," and "interest," abiding in "spontaneous awareness" while being "conscious of effortless living."[13] The practice of this form of Yoga involves meditating on one’s sense of "I am", "being" or "consciousness" with the aim of reaching its ultimate source prior to this sense, which Nisargadatta called the "Self".

The second edition of I Am That includes an epilogue titled Nisarga Yoga by Maurice Frydman which includes this passage:

"This dwelling on the sense ‘I am’ is the simple, easy and natural Yoga, the Nisarga Yoga. There is no secrecy in it and no dependence; no preparation is required and no initiation. Whoever is puzzled by his very existence as a conscious being and earnestly wants to find his own source, can grasp the ever-present sense of ‘I am’ and dwell on it assiduously and patiently, till the clouds obscuring the mind dissolve and the heart of being is seen in all its glory.

Nisargadatta did not prescribe a specific practice for self-knowledge but advised his disciples, "Don't pretend to be what you are not, don't refuse to be what you are." By means of self-enquiry in the tradition of Advaita Vedanta, he advised, "Why don't you enquire how real are the world and the person?" Nisargadatta frequently spoke about the importance of having the "inner conviction" about one's true nature and without such Self-knowledge one would continue to suffer.Nisargadatta claimed that the names of the Hindu deities Shiva, Rama and Krishna were the names of nature (Nisarga) personified,[17] and that all of life arises from the same non-dual source or Self. Remembrance of this source was the core of Nisargadatta's message:

‘You are not your body, but you are the consciousness in the body, because of which you have the awareness of ‘I am’. It is without words, just pure beingness. It has become soul of the world. In the absence of your consciousness, the world will not be experienced. Hence, you are the consciousness… remember what you have heard… meditate on it. Meditation means you have to hold consciousness by itself. The consciousness should give attention to itself. This consciousness is Ishwara. As there is no God other than this consciousness, worship it.’ ‘The knowledge “I am” is God. It is Ishwara, as well as maya. Maya is God’s power. All the names of God are of this consciousness only in different forms. Remember the fact “I am not the body” and get firmly established. That is the sign of a true seeker.’

The Seven Principles of Nisarga Yoga
(As identified by Nic Higham, 2018) 

1. Non-identification and right understanding

2. Interest and earnestness

3. Spontaneity and effortlessness

4. Attentiveness to being

5. Right action

6. Going within to go beyond

7. Awareness of Self

I_Am_That,_book_cover.jpg

Edited by Nak Khid

It's pretty easy to say all the right things and have some experiences, it's also not that hard to try and one up people with that, uh Benito seems like a perfect example of spiritual mania and eventually cult devilry.

He was a big fan of Bashar, so in that sense understandable, he he would copy his strange concepts, of densities etc. Pretending to know what that means. And other strange or messed up stuff.

He seemed like a snake then and I would say this really strenghtens that claim. It's sad because you take everything that spirituality is suppose to be, but still slightly bend it to yourself and create a subtle but ever more foul mess. Becoming a spiritual leader is not some easy job. Leo gets criticism too, but he has the guts after all this time to admit he still has ego to let go off, and so do I btw, how easy but dangerous to try and sneakily forget that part, and try to rationalize all sorts of subtle devilry and hypocrisy with ,oh it doesn't really matter', etc. It's tricky man

Edited by AlwaysBeNice

@Nahm may I get your book?

You are dreaming all spiritual teachers and practises and all spiritual talk all together. 

Kids to wake up and stop giving authority to this stuff. 

Real spiritual teacher will never allow worship of his ass. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

@AlwaysBeNice Yea according to Ramaji, Benthino is at 700, at that level there's still an addiction to thinking and a seeking, and there is a feeling of having knowledge and wanting to teach the "others" but lacking that dynamic intuitive flow that teachers at 1000 has. I think Benthino is a good person though and he really does help people

20 hours ago, Kalki Avatar said:

It is supposedly said that Jesus got enlightened thanks to the Essenes, who knows. That it was a real spiritual community. Probably, also the greeks. That lineage I mentioned has inspired so many. I want to know if there are any other as successful from whom we can apply its wisdom right now. 

Yes I believe his family were Essenes.

Sahaja Yoga is interesting, they also have classes in most big cities on the planet, and it's always for free.

Jivanmukti is creating a modern Siddhanta Yoga lineage, it's very effective because of her powerful initiations and transmissions, it will have few but powerful teachers.

Sure he looks fine most of the time, it just really rubs me the wrong way when people take this process and visibly corrupt it with their minds, it's terrible I think, doesn't mean they are inherently bad, but if anything would be heresy it's trying to own this 'teaching' which is not a even a teaching but also and I think a relationship first of all, if 'teachers' don't get that part right they aren't good teachers, hence the wrongness of it.

Not to mention you can make people lose trust in the good and the real if you mess up.. and extra involve yourself karmically too in wrong ways, like Bentihno obviously did or does, despite all the good.

But despite all the good can still be largely not good if it's not great, because it's not your job to play god and take up responsibility that's not there in the first place. If it's not totally good it cannot create anything like it or more. I hope I take this advice myself and not forget it ^^

2 hours ago, zeroISinfinity said:

Real spiritual teacher will never allow worship of his ass. 

Ass worship is going on? 

Edited by Nak Khid

On 06/06/2020 at 10:12 AM, Kalki Avatar said:

What guru and lineage has created the most enlightened students?

Get out of such silly games altogether.

unborn Truth